Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

There is still rumor of Rex showing up eventually, which would give us more hot, hot Temuera Morrison action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

jivjov posted:

I'm in for Bad Batch if for no other reason than to listen to Dee Bradley Baker act against himself some more

:hmmyes:

And yeah the Clones were the reason I got back into being intrested in Star Wars so I'm in.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mae posted:

Death Troopers from Rogue One are 1000 times cooler than Dark Troopers, prove me wrong. Gideon, just juice those guys up a little and you'd be golden.

I agree but it's better optics for the galaxy's most powerful Jedi to rip through a couple dozen war droids than it is to slaughter guys in armor.

Also lets be honest, Dark Troopers are red meat for 90s star wars fans.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Test Pattern posted:

Looking forward to Trejo showing up as a Hutt enforcer or something. Zero sarcasm, genuinely thrilled.

100% :same:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lol

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

thrawn527 posted:

Huh. I mean, yeah, I guess we're at the point where there are people who would be nostalgic for Sharkboy and Lava Girl.

Being that it involves the kids of the characters it's yet again a superhero movie for children. This way those people who had the original movies when they were kids can now share a movie with their own kids. That's always neat :unsmith:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Eric Cantonese posted:

Like Bender’s stomach. Or Doraemon.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

VinylonUnderground posted:

Disney Plus doesn't have Star Wars.

If you are talking about the star wars with kirk and spock you are right. If you are talking about the star wars with luke and chewy, you are wrong. If you are being a pendant and saying that the special editions are "not star wars" then go away.

edit: oh I just noticed who you were. Yeah gently caress off.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

GIVE 👏🏼US👏🏼STAR👏🏼WARS👏🏼BREAKING👏🏼BAD👏🏼, DISNEY

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

thrawn527 posted:

As an aside, as much as I loved the Gallery episode for season 2, I was disappointed that they didn't even touch on how they handled Luke's return. I was hoping for something about how they handled the tech, and they didn't even mention it.

I feel exactly the same way. I'm really hoping that eventually UHD season sets get released with more extras than the Gallery episodes had. I'd buy them as soon as they were released.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I'm still holding out hope for some other clones to make an appearance in the Boba Fett show. They'd be old as hell, but hey, Rex was still kickin' it on Endor.

I'm actually expecting Rex to show up in the Ahsoka show as that makes the most sense.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I think the primary reason for me not caring about wandavision coming up is that I found their characters to be kind of forgettable in the films.

Wait, did the Vision actually return in the final battle of the Infinity Wars movie? I honestly forget.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Christ I hope that’s true

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Funky Valentine posted:

They do the "Anakin does something morally suspect and the Imperial March plays" so often that it starts being funny.

Anakin shopping at the Galactic 7-11and buys a few snacks and sodas for a trip.

Cashier droid accidentally gives him an extra Credit back in change.

Anakin notices, but doesn't say anything and pockets the money, turns and leaves. *lmperial March in strings plays*

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There’s Omega, the new kid character introduced in the premiere. She’s presumably a female Jango clone.

I'd prefer not to have a show I've been looking forward to not be spoiled before it airs. Don't be an rear end in a top hat.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cross-Section posted:

Calling it now, Kaminoans are totally getting Vader'd

Nah, they also changed Cobb Vanth's backstory from Aftermath around a bit for Mando S2. (edit: also TCW S7 had a completely different depiction of the Siege of Mandalore than what was in the Ahsoka book)

Honestly they probably should just reestablish the canon tiers, it's super clear that movies/shows take precedence over everything else at this point.

As an old SW fan I learned long ago that canon means nothing if a SW story is in print (book or comic) and only matters if it's committed to film. Take any them as entertainment but do not expect any longevity to how it actually effects any timelines.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Radio! posted:

Dad Batch

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Spookydonut posted:

Why couldn't omega just use crosshair's bunk?

I'm assuming that Wrecker is keeping it open because he believes that Crosshair can be brought back to the fold.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Everyone posted:

The only Pokemon movie I saw was Detective Pikachu and only because I wanted to hear Deadpool's voice/attitude coming out of Pickachu's mouth. It did give me that. And it didn't completely suck on other levels either. No real desire to go further into Pokemon, though.

In 2001 I watched a Pokemon movie in Osaka because some friends wanted to see it. Afterwards I asked them why we went to see it and they said "it was just something to do". I have no memories of the movie at all.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Moon Slayer posted:

Pacific Rim is a fighter pilot/military movie in a setting with giant monsters. The monsters don't fight one another, ergo: not a kaiju movie. It's real good, though.

Under these criteria the original Godzilla is not a kaiju movie.

Also, THEM! was one of the best American kaiju movies.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Sorry to see so many people's wrong opinion about the awesome fukkin' blaster bow.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also things like blaster bows and Gungan boomers belong in star wars because it's a space fantasy, not a science fiction.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

For gently caress's sake I hope that the disney marketing crew get the Ronin's light saber prop out for sale.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lol Twins is so great. Trigger makes the wildest poo poo.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

I watched The Twins.

Are we sure that Studio Trigger isn't just taking the piss here? I wouldn't put it past them to go "let's take this opportunity to make exactly what people would expect when they hear the words Star Wars Anime, and then make it even more over the top bugfuck nonsense." Neil Patrick Harris is trying to sound like Steve Staley and Alison Brie is just screaming the whole time, half the dialogue is exposition and the other half is loud declarations, the animation flip flops between early 2000s flash cartoons and epileptic seizure episodes, the droid is the only one that needs a helmet in space. The whole thing has to be a joke.

I'd chalk it up as a misfire if I didn't think they made it stupid on purpose. I think I liked it more than Tatooine Rhapsody. That felt like a missed chance while this gave me the same "what the gently caress is this screw it I'm turning my brain off and watching a trainwreck" mindset I felt watching The Rise of Skywalker.

... have you watched many Studio Trigger series'? Because they fukkin love going balls-out nuts when they have the opportunity. Twins was 100% them just saying gently caress it and having as much fun as possible because they get to do a Star Wars short completely on their own terms.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Being that it only takes literally less than a week to travel across one side of the galaxy to the other what is the reason that there is so much of the Galaxy that is unexplored, especially since this ability has been part of the Star Wars technology for literally thousands of years?

Edit: I’m not being snarky, I’m just wondering what the official explanation is.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

site posted:

not terribly surprising since he's also in the obi wan show but

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1451664021850148864?t=eIfB54P_aPvphvUgz5MfVQ&s=19

I'm actually really interested in seeing this where he has a good director at his back.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I have been 100% ready for this series since 1979

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

PantsOptional posted:

Naw, go full-on and just have him play Machete, no explanation. If it’s really necessary he can have some Star Wars name tacked on or something. Machete Antilles.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Thrawn’s eyes were that red for a reason

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Madurai posted:

I have to figure Koo Stark is probably available.

lmao

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vitruvian Manic posted:

I read "Fremenize" as "Feminize" and I was like, god drat it. I'm glad the "Dune" was capitalized because my eyes went there next and otherwise I would have been sad.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vitruvian Manic posted:

I met a dude freshman year in college who was waaaaaaay into muslim women in a creepy way it took me three months before I figured out that he was a zionist.

That picture reminds me of him.

lmao

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Madurai posted:

Oh, they've always been Gallic. "Ryloth is a whole divided into three parts..."

We need Twi'lek Asterix and Obelix now.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I thought it was great. We've needed a "what happened to Boba after ROTJ" since 1983 and we are finally getting it. Since Fett showed up in Mando with a gaffi stick I figured there would be a story with the Tuskens and we are getting just that.

The new desert creature was interesting, it seems to be kind of inspired by Tharks from Barsoom.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/danspenser/status/1476320036155531269?s=21

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

Pretty sure it tastes like garbage water anyway since Cobb Vanth was willing to suffer dehydration over drinking from one of them when it was offered to him by the Tusken Raiders.

I’m pretty sure a good part of that was Cobb being a racist rear end in a top hat.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Elentor posted:

I'm probably the minority in this opinion but I think angry looking bad fat guy ultra-violent boba fett loving owns and is a great interpretation of the character who was sort of a blank slate.

This is the correct viewpoint

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Robot Style posted:

The bar was Tosche Station, and the two humans were Luke's friends Fixer and Camie, who appeared there in a deleted scene from ANH.

kazmeyer posted:

The couple in the bar were Fixer and Camie, two of Luke's friends from Tosche Station. (Their scenes were cut from ANH, part of the stuff that set up Biggs as a character, but they were left in the NPR radio play from back in the day.)

(edit: beaten)

Holy poo poo :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Maybe we can finally see what they look like? Only thing from Google is a 1 panel picture of someone.

Do you mean the people in the bar from their original scene that was cut?

edit: ah you were talking about the Tuskins without their wrappings.