Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So what does the Boba Fett show do? Mando showed him to be a person of (somewhat) honor but you don’t take over Jabba’s palace if you don’t plan on getting into some illegal and possibly evil poo poo. If I was Boba the Hutt, the first thing I’m doing is getting a new pet Rancor...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Mandalorian season 3 is going to be the continuing adventures of Din Djarin and have nothing to do with Boba Fett: King of poo poo Mountain, a completely separate show. Disney will likely clarify this soon in some fashion so the nerds will stop frothing at the mouth.

I’m kind of hoping Bo Katan challenges Din so he can beat the snot out of her arrogant butt. I hope the new season starts with that fight right after Luke leaves with Grogu. Din’s emotions will be so raw she won’t stand a chance. Then when he’s done, he just tosses the darksaber on the floor and fucks off to Navarro to find his Armorer mentor for a long overdue discussion about The Way. Shits gonna be great.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

site posted:

S3s main challenge is gonna be replacing baby yoda with something equally adorable

I’d be ok with this but I also wouldn’t mind if it went to some darker places.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

General Dog posted:

Here’s a question- is it possible that Grogu spent a large portion of the time between the Clone Wars and the present in some sort of suspended animation? Only ask because of Ahsoka’s comment that his memory becomes “dark” for that time period, and it opens up the possibility that his development process isn’t as glacial as we might assume otherwise.

I’ve wondered the same but they’ll likely not reveal it anytime soon if at all. Unless they EU up a book or comic or something.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Book of Boba: 40 year old Crime Lord Virgin

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

site posted:

After watching wonder woman 84 I'm worried about rogue squadron

As long as they keep the “on foot” base infiltration poo poo to a minimum, I’ll be fine.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heh, I’m down for something like that, but leave Rogue Squadron in the cockpit where it belongs. Downtime drama in the hangar is fine in between missions.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ballz posted:

"Hey kids, do you like Baby Yoda in The Mandalorian? Well you're going to LOVE Stinky the Hutt in Boba Fett!"

Unironically would love for this to happen.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cage Kicker posted:

gently caress now I just really want a Jabba's Palace sitcom

I mean that’s what the new Boba Fett show should be minus Jabba the Hutt.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

jivjov posted:

Every bit of canonical Star Wars visual content is on Disney+. The only real notable things missing (all of which are Legends) are the old Ewok movies, the Droids and Ewoks cartoons, and the original Holiday Special from 1978

It doesn’t have the Cartoon Network clone wars either.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's an interesting theory in which the case is made that Boba Fett will be Disney's attempt at doing Robin Hood but in space, with Fennec as Little John.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/book-of-boba-fett-theory-star-wars-robin-hood

I'll enjoy the show however it turns out, but this sounds like it could work if this is the direction they go.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SolarFire2 posted:

Can't a villain character just be a villain?

I would love for a darker take on Star Wars and if Disney was going to do it, this would be the show. But I can’t see them doing it, not when their grand plan for live action Star Wars on TV is still in its infancy. Boba Fett will likely have a similar arc that Mando did in season 1, episode 1. He’ll be a badass rogue that you don’t gently caress with and can throw down. Then he’ll meet some Baby Yoda type character that he’ll need to protect or take under his wing. I’m guessing some waif like teenager. If it was going to be a dark story they probably wouldn’t have called it Book of Boba Fett.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Big fan of O’Shea, any idea who his character will be?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They’re definitely sitting on them till the time is right. They’re not dumb, they’re just being strategic about it to maximize the impact and subscriptions.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Variety is reporting that work on Rangers of the New Republic has stalled as they try to figure out whether to quietly cancel the show or rework the premise to shift focus away from Cara Dune, who would have been the lead character had Gina Carano not turned out to be a giant shithead.

Just recast it nobody will care.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Professor Oak sends Ash out into the world to catch em all so he can bang his mom every night.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Darko posted:

I hate Luke Skywalker now.

There’s a new thread title.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Casting spoilers for the upcoming live action Ahsoka show:

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/06/barriss-offee-live-action-ahsoka-rwb1/

quote:

Star Wars: Ahsoka is looking to cast Barriss Offee. She is listed as a lead character in her 20-30 and they are looking to cast an Asian woman for the role.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Larryb posted:

Or I’m just a casual fan at best and misread the article. Nevermind sorry.

And for the record I’m not “trolling” as everything I’ve asked has ben a legitimate question. I’m just slowly working my way through these shows for the first time knew some other details second hand but forgot them because, you know, I haven’t actually reached that point yet. Calm down

All signs are pointing towards same timeline as Mandalorian. Odds are pretty good that Filoni is going to have Mando cameo in it a time or two.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

I expect we'll see the Fett in the series, if not this season sometime close to the end since it'd be something extremely hype to advertise.

Considering he gets a live action show this December, it’s likely he appears this season I would think.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BooDooBoo posted:

Do they cover if chips control the Clones minds with all orders? Seeing Wrecker go full-on YAY THE EMPIRE! is a pretty big change in personality, is it only order 66 that does that?

Order 65: Kill Palpatine (and become a low-level functionary)
Order 66: Kill the Jedi (And become a kill-crazy fascist)
Order 67: Kill everyone except Palpatine and the Jedi (and form a band that travels around and solves mysteries)?

Order 69:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

jassa posted:

With Fennec's connection to Boba later in her life, I wonder whether we'll eventually see a live action Omega in Book of Boba? That could be fun. Especially if she keeps commenting on how much adult Boba reminds her of her #1 Dad- I mean, Hunter.

Seems pretty likely.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://screenrant.com/obi-wan-kenobi-series-characters-surviving-jedi-fans-want-back/

Is this a pretty accurate list, are any missing? I’m pretty sure Ahsoka’s gonna show up in the Obi Wan show and maybe 1-2 more.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, it's safer to assume she's dead until proven otherwise than the other way around.

Unless she’s your waifu.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Did anybody care when Ki Adi Mundi died? Hell no, gently caress that penis headed rear end in a top hat.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, I missed the part where it said it was Lego Star Wars and was about to post about how awful that sounded.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Larryb posted:

I find it amusing that (as far as I know) the only ones doing anything with the sequel trilogy currently (both in terms of shows and games) are the LEGO Star Wars series.

Anita Dickinme posted:

I was about to counter argue with the Mandalorian but even that, after thinking about it, is still very much original trilogy. :v:

I’m ready for Lego Mandolorian, make it happen!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m ready for Filoni to take on an animated show after the sequel trilogy. I bet he could get most of the cast for voice work.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

He’s apparently made nice with Kathleen Kennedy. Makes sense that the Rangers show could be repurposed for this. Good on him, I’m definitely interested.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Larryb posted:

Not sure if we have a thread dedicated to SW games so I’m posting this here instead, the new LEGO Star Wars game (the one that covers all 9 movies) will finally be out Spring 2022:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=aCbnUmM6Nzs

Finally, been waiting forever for this. It’s been delayed by like two years.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s not a true rumor until Doomcock weighs in.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They were saying four episodes when it was first announced. It probably focus tested well with his appearances in Mando and got expanded. Hopefully it’s not fluff they added, but they’ve earned my trust with how great Mando’s been.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If that was a recast Cara Dune, I’d be totally ok with that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, the hot takes are coming in fast! Glad to see the Mandoverse is back, the episode kicked rear end.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Spookydonut posted:

I thought boba would only be 3 eps?

I loved the Spot robot dog cameo.

It was announced as 4, but I think they just kept filming.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Holy poo poo this is a bad thread

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fartknocker posted:

:same:

Is it Wednesday yet? I just want to see some more cool Star Wars stuff.

All I’ve learned from the past couple pages of this thread is that if I enjoy the Boba Fett show, I’m a racist.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Loved the episode, and I’m probably one of the only posters here that liked the cyberpunk Vespa gang. Wookie bro definitely coming back and will be part of Boba’s crew. And the highlight was definitely Good Boy Rancor! And Danny Trejo!

The show is really coming together and I’m very excited to see where it goes!

Also, the music during this episode was top notch, especially the Tusken slaughter funeral scene. Just fantastic awesome somber music, well done whoever put that together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s Star Wars, of course Jedi are going to show up. Might as well bail on the show now if that’s your line in the sand.