Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I'm not a huge fan of the art style, but the animation is top notch and everything looks good. I imagine the style will grow on me because of how good it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I thought it was cool seeing Vibroblades on TV.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Am I face blind? I had trouble deciding if that was Trevor from GTA5, Timothy Olyphant, or Jamie from Game of Thrones.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

The only 3 we know of were Force users, so that's 100%

We know of 3?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Arquinsiel posted:

Fan theory is that she became the Seventh Sister because they're the same species and that's good enough.

drat it you made me look her up on wookieepedia and yeah. Same species, was a member of the jedi order, and survived order 66. If it wasn't her, it certainly seems like they meant it to be.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Ash Ketchum is literally the worst pokemon trainer in existence. He fails at his primary task “Gotta catch em all” and only ends up with like 10 pokemon.

I don’t think he’s ever actually won a gym badge, all of his badges are pity prizes from the gym leader.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Desperado Bones posted:

I think the only things you can skip are some droid centered episodes, and "the sisters" arc in season 7.

Im going to go ahead and say that while the 4 episode droid centric story is extremely boring, the explosion at the end is 100% totally worth it.

TCW has some absolutely beautiful moments.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Vinylshadow posted:

Although I suspect her accuracy's always gonna be slightly off when targeting living things because can't have children blasting holes through people, right

feel free to prove me wrong, Bad Batch

My first thought as well. Does that thing even have stun, or did a 5 year old just pull a lethal weapon on someone like it's nothing? A lethal weapon that I would argue is more dangerous than a gun due to her inability to hold it at ready. Clones make terrible parents.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Sorry to see so many people's wrong opinion about the awesome fukkin' blaster bow.

I'm in the "It's Awesome" camp, Star Wars needs more alien weapons. I'd be loving terrified if a 5 year old with a bow too big for her to hold had it pointed at me.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Veotax posted:

Well, that wasn't who I was expecting to show up at all. Guess those animatics of the un-produced Clone Wars season 6 episodes aren't canon! I wouldn't think they were, but I think this is the first thing that contradicts them as far as I know.

I was wondering about that! We don't know where the unfinished episode is in the timeline though, so it's entirely possible that can still occur. My guess is, Filoni's going to make that episode happen, either in Bad Batch, or as a flashback in Book of Boba.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Noticed something about Bane. namely that he has a Metal Plate over his head. He may have had that gun duel with Boba

Boba shoots him in the heart, doesn’t he?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Mutual Headshots I recall.

I just rewatched it and it’s left ambiguous by the limits of the rough draft animation.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Its Rinaldo posted:

Which is weird because they had no problems icing clone troopers in the scrap yard starship fight.

Yeah but this time they’re shooting hard working clones putting the boot to those dirty separatists. The bad batch sees themselves as the bad guys in this fight, and are trying to reduce casualties to ease their conscience.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

SlothfulCobra posted:

But when he shows up in season 7? I liked him. He's muttering inconsistently. He's confused and paranoid.

Are you really paranoid if you’re right?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Larryb posted:

Yeah, based on all we’ve seen I don’t really think redemption is in the cards for this guy (not in a way that would make sense at this point anyway)

Honestly my guess is they capture him, pull his chip, and the big cliffhanger is, ‘woops, Crosshair really likes working for the empire!’

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

Human Twilek Hybrids.

Shaeaah

Jek

And then there's... Jacen.

Kids make sure you take after your twilek heritage when you're born so you don't look like a Keebler elf.

That made me laugh. Jacen looks exactly like what I’d realistically expect from interspecies relationships.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The United States posted:

Rebels was hurt a lot by Disney cheaping out on the animation, especially early on, Clone Wars in contrast when it needed the budget to go for something it really went for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b5m5LfxiGo

That’s one of my least favorite arcs of the whole clone wars, but the pay off right there is worth it.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The fight scenes were terrible, I’m concerned that not great choreography coupled with lots of cuts is gonna be the route this show goes. I did like how Boba completely vaporized the guy on the wall.

I’m less enthusiastic about the next episode than I was the first, but I’m still gonna watch it.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Killer episode. I feel like things improved dramatically starting with assassin homie getting shot in the face immediately and without remorse. That’s always been a very important part of Star Wars, small people die on screen a lot. Often in cold and callus ways instead of in the heat of battle.

There were a lot of things about the train that were questionable.

Like Boba Fett just rolling up and stealing the speeder bikes. They had to go way out of the way to show the owners were dirt bags so that the narrative isn’t ‘sand person steals moisture farmer’s mode of transportation.’ Was that the same gang we saw in the first episode? Because if so, my complaint doesn’t stand.

I was really surprised by how many lives the sand people seemed to throw away on the train. And total dick move on the train for shooting at Boba’s Boyz, but sand people have a history of taking shots at vehicles going back to episode one, so I can’t blame the spicers for preemptively protecting themselves.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It was sort of funny to me. Like guys, you know the train passes through here once in a while. Maybe just hide behind the sand dunes. They are literally everywhere. Don't try to shoot back against the train with aimbot snipers on it that are picking you off from 2 miles away while doing 150mph. It will be gone in 10 seconds just chill.

Right? It’s gonna be gone in 30 seconds. Maybe don’t sit on top of the dunes with rifles looking like you wanna ambush the train?

I watched more sand people get shot than we have been introduced to up to that point. And all they had to do was avoid the train.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Jerkface posted:

Gonna bet on the "muscle" that boba fett hires: Obviously Mando, but I think we get a few of the classic bounty hunters as well- and one of them will obviously be Bossk so that you get that intrateam tension between him and Black K. The pykes may bring out a classic boba fett foil like Cad Bane

I don’t think we’ll be seeing Cad Bane show up.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

Episode owned, I still don’t think Armorer lady is bad, she probably can guess that Din took his helmet off for a good reason. But it gives her a good excuse to send Din to the Mines of Moria Mandalore for next season’s plot. I don’t even think Heavy Weapons Mando guy is bad either, he just genuinely thought he was worthy of the Darksaber. Season 3 is gonna own so much.

I’m looking forward to seeing how this all wraps up. I have faith the final few episodes with Boba will own, Filoni hasn’t let us down overall yet. I still really like this spinoff, warts and all.

That was my take too. She’s a massively fundamentalist cult leader, and the guy standing in front of her is holding the most important relic in her cult, and the way he got it follows a prophecy he didn’t even know about.

So of course she needs to send him to the holiest place in her religion, right to the very heart of the planet they claim as their own, it’s probably writ right in the prophecy that The Mandalorian goes to the mines to atone for his sins, and she knew what his answer would be before she even asked about his helmet.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Everyone posted:

Probably into the communal "pot" to build more armor stuff.

That communal pot is just like the money you give your gang in RDR2. Everyone is contributing, it’s just Arthur gives a few hundred to a few thousand at a time, and everyone else might toss in some pocket lint.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

...and none of this is going to matter to the galaxy at large because it can't, the First Order still comes and fucks everything up, we still have to go all the way back to square one, again, or else pretend that Din, Boba, and Bo-Katan are all just sitting pretty on their glorious thriving Mandolarian nation while Luke and Leia and Han all sadly die while watching everything they've worked for trudge back to the drawing board.

That….. is really not to far out there. No one on Tattooine gives a gently caress about who sits on the iron throne. When it was the empire, you had to deal with stormtroopers checking papers. With the New Republic, you get speeding tickets for having some fun. New boss same as the old boss.

And Mandalor was neutral through the clone wars. It took Death Watch and a Sith Lord to drag the glorious thriving mandalorian nation into the war, and I doubt they’ll be rushing to fight besides anyone in the future.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Grogu’s been training with Luke for months and that mf still can’t even give him a little matching karate gi.

He’s out there tripping over his own raggedy burlap diaper dress trying to dodge laser blasts from the remote this sadistic virgin monk set on him.

Luke is doing a pretty terrible job. Grogu is a non-verbal 50 year old suffering from severe PTSD. He doesn’t need training involving lightsabers and magic, he needs therapy.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Dave Syndrome posted:

I may be completely alone in this, but everytime a Star Wars character uses "O.K." or "okay", I die a little inside. It's a complete pet peeve, but it sounds so modern and American in the Galaxy Far Far Away that for me it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Why not use "all right" instead? It even has the same number of syllables, so it doesn't change the flow of the dialogue.

Sorry, I just had to get this out somewhere. I don't know why it's bothering me so much.

You are so wizard.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

teagone posted:

I was like "what is she doing?" during that, lmao.

Sweep low, chop low, swing low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfSahz-JupY

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Is the next half of the show going to be Cassian hunting down dark troopers?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

mando

moff gideon has a :females: officer

she's jacked

Isn’t that George from Z Nation? Good for her, landing a gig in Star Wars.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Quixotic1 posted:

Bring back grey jedi ideology I say, was some of the more interesting things about Knights of the Old Republic 2 and Last Jedi.

Please no. Every author will make their character super special and the only grey space wizard who can safely use force lightning because reasons.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Ups_rail posted:

I liked the clone wars, I m not enjoying the bad batch too much.

It’s definitely hampered by the main cast. But it’s made for 7 year olds probably, so I’ll accept that they might appreciate them.

I felt Clone Wars was a lot better about ‘show, don’t tell’ and the Bad Batch seems to force a lot more expository dialogue on the audience. And since one character is a nerd and the other is mentally challenged, they’re going to do the gag of ‘nerd says something complicated, Wrecker repeats it, but dumber’. A lot. Probably every episode.

I’m expecting an exciting showdown with the clone commander who was hunting them in episodes 1 and 2. He seems way too competent to be left as a villain.

Anyway, Bad Batch is still one of the prettiest animated shows on tv. I’ll watch it for the pretty colors and dope lighting effects.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Jehde posted:

The droid episodes are great.

D Squad loving draaaaags. But then it makes up for it by having one of the coolest explosions in the entire series.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yBwqKXHmIU4

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Marsupial Ape posted:

Christopher Lloyd got to be a crazy old guy in a Star Wars. Doesn’t that make you happy?

gently caress yes it does. Dooku did nothing wrong!

My only complaint is that Karl Urban burned his Star Wars cameo on a stormtrooper in one of the movies, so he’ll probably never get to be a character with lines and a face.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The animosity between Sabine and Ashoka is really dumb. Why does Sabine have to be a student, why can’t they be equals on a journey together?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Gwendolyn Christie as Phasma too. Actors can be fans of the stuff too and willing to take a lower profile gig to be a part of it. Gets them a paycheck, let's them be part of star wars plus if they never show their face they can be recast as someone else in the future.
I wouldn't blame anyone for not
recognizing Claudia Black under all the night sister make up and voice modulation.

Karl Urban is a secret stormtrooper.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1143632-karl-urban-reveals-his-secret-stormtrooper-cameo-in-rise-of-skywalker

The man is in literally everything.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The water effects in this show are incredible. This show has the best artistic direction of anything on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

3 Action Economist posted:

I thought it was less that she had a high m-count, and more that her blood was infusible. Plageuis tried several experiments to increase midichlorians in others, and while that's not canon anymore, they do like bringing stuff back like that.

If a normal clone’s mcount is 5 and hers is 7, it doesn’t matter if 7 is high or low, all that matters is, now there is a pathway to increasing it that wasn’t there before. So yeah, the level really doesn’t matter, and she doesn’t need to be anywhere close to a level that makes her a powered individual. The valuable thing is, if she’s a clone and her mcount is higher than the source, how do we make that happen again, and on a larger scale.

It sure would be nice if imperial agents could comb through the computers on Kamino to see what they were doing when they made Omega.