Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phantump21

Just a tree stump ghost.

drilldo squirt posted:

Buddy, if your dead and still talking, the army would love to get to know you. Dying is a huge issue for them, it seems to happen a lot.

There's no place for a ghost though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

phantump21 posted:

Well, there's the mess hall...
:D

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

Shugojin

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

phantump21 posted:

Now, the CIA on the other hand....

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Yo, update, got everything, and it looked really good, I was just about to release it when I found another spelling error.

I've made a super hack-y solution because I lost the source image in a computer crash and I really need to see if the print looks good still, Christmas holidays are coming up so I'm unsure when I get the new books.

Things are progressing, although slowly.

Thank you everyone.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Dec 17, 2018

kalel

Fredrik1 posted:

Yo, update, got everything, and it looked really good, I was just about to release it when I found another spelling error.

I've made a super hack-y solution because I lost the source image in a computer crash and I really need to see if the print looks good still, Christmas holidays are coming up so I'm unsure when I get the new books.

Things are progressing, although slowly.

Thank you everyone.

:dance: keep at it! We believe in you!

alnilam

gathering friends rn to go to the publisher's house with pitchforks and torches demanding expedited publishing

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

gathering friends rn to go to the publisher's house with pitchforks and torches demanding expedited publishing

I have a pitchfork and a torch but the torch is the British kind and it's got a happy face so I mean we can threaten to do their gardening work and turn their compost then entertain their cats, maybe then they'll have time to go publish.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
take your time Fred, it's all good! I got my nephew a kids book called 'charlie parker played be bop' for xmas, then he can have ghosts for his bday in spring :)

FluffieDuckie

bump

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

alnilam

ty manifisto

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer

Yo :)

It's now Christmas holidays here with only two working days until next year.

Unless something unforeseen happens I will publish first week in January preferably as soon as possible, by then I'll also have my e-book ready I think, I'm having some technical issues with that.

I feel kinda bad keeping up delaying this for as long as I have but a January release feels very likely, at the very least the paper books should be able to go out.

alnilam

Don't feel bad good things take time

kalel

a watched pot never boils

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
And the watched pot boils! But is it ghost soup?

Please visit my facebook webstore (and possibly find out), I'll probably put it up on more places later.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/toserveghost/shop/?rid=299351987361467&rt=39

Thank you all, it's been super fun working on this :)

Thank you all of BYOB!

xcheopis

Whooooo! Yaaaaaay!
:)

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
omg yessss

I can't decide how many copies to buy

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

City of Glompton

i un-deleted my fb for you, that is how important ghost cookbook is.

i'm very excited for 7-14 business days from now :ghost:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
At current exchange rates, 1 SEK ~ .11 USD or .088 GBP or .098 EUR or .15 CAD

Approximate prices in USD:
epub ~ $2.81
soft cover ~ $9.55
hard cover ~ $18.54

Buy several copies now!

xcheopis

I have to wait until Friday. >:c

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I found this link without logging into fb, that seems to want to sell me the book too

https://widget.publit.com/to-serve-ghost_3596/to-serve-ghost/9789177738978

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I would like to buy 104 grams of "book" please

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback,

For non-FB people you can find the link to the widget shop with all books here: https://widget.publit.com/to-serve-ghost_3596/page/1
it's very basic though and I can't add any text what I can see. The 165 sek is the hardcover, 85 sek the softcover and 25 sek is the epub book.

I have now added approximate USD/Euro conversion in the descriptions of the FB store, sadly the publisher doesn't seem to support prices in USD which I would otherwise have chosen. I'll add some better pictures too but I need to take actual good photos which is impossible at my home because it's just too dark so I'll figure that out too.

I really appreciate any feedback on the store/anything really, I don't have much of a clue what I'm doing. :)

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jan 8, 2019

kalel

Hell heck yeah, nice job!

e: removed language

City of Glompton

got the book today and it is everything i dreamed :love:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer

City of Glompton posted:

Oh, cool, thanks a bunch!

Added a bunch of photos to the facebook store as well, so now I'm pretty content.

No idea what to do now, maybe I'll send it someplace for reviews or something.

Manifisto

Fredrik1 posted:

Oh, cool, thanks a bunch!

Added a bunch of photos to the facebook store as well, so now I'm pretty content.

No idea what to do now, maybe I'll send it someplace for reviews or something.

I wonder if selling through Amazon is a thing you might want to do? I bet the cc people could give you advice maybe possibly perhaps

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639693

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

mine came today! :woop:

they look glorious

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Fredrik1 has brought so much joy he should level up and be called Frederik2, maybe even 3

xcheopis

City of Glompton posted:

:woop:

Thank you for doing this!

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer

Manifisto posted:

I wonder if selling through Amazon is a thing you might want to do? I bet the cc people could give you advice maybe possibly perhaps

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639693

I elected to not use Amazon as it would require me to start my own company, which is a bunch of administrative work and getting permission from my current employer for something I did mostly for fun and not to earn back on investment really. Also Amazon does not pay to Sweden and I'd need to start accounts abroad and stuff. I probably totally should do that though. I'll go to a meetup about setting up Amazon stuff later next week and ask around.

I'll totally post something in CC though, thanks for the suggestion :)

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I finally checked my mail and the book was there!!!

It's really really great. There are more pages than I thought there would be. I can't wait to give it to my 4-year-old nephew

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Pokedad
I am a creepy cunt.
324 Kroner after shipping to Dingoland.

I await a ghost cookbook!

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer

blaise rascal posted:

I finally checked my mail and the book was there!!!

It's really really great. There are more pages than I thought there would be. I can't wait to give it to my 4-year-old nephew

I'm glad you liked it, hope your nephew does too.

Pokedad posted:

324 Kroner after shipping to Dingoland.

I await a ghost cookbook!

Wow, thanks a bunch, that shipping though :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokedad
I am a creepy cunt.
Australia Tax is a hell of a thing.