Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

dorf me as an anarcho-monarchist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just got a new wave of migrants and named them all:

:toot: very helpful since I want to start building siege weapons to hold off the inevitable goblin invasion

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Criminal seems like a good job

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Venom Snake posted:

Just got a new wave of migrants and named them all:

:toot: very helpful since I want to start building siege weapons to hold off the inevitable goblin invasion

can I release the bees

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Lastgirl posted:

can I release the bees

can she train them to attack on command and become The Pain

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

the bitcoin of weed posted:

Criminal seems like a good job

I don't know why it shows him as that but I drafted him to become our new militia captain

Lastgirl posted:

can I release the bees

yer also being drafted, no bees here in the tundra

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

I don't know why it shows him as that but I drafted him to become our new militia captain

the game knows that cops are the real criminals

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
wait so a strasserite cop and an anarchist cop?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Baloogan should assigned to sewer inspection duty.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay so we got a LOT more migrants than I thought. Updated list of names

freckle posted:

wait so a strasserite cop and an anarchist cop?

Generally you draft the dwarves with the most useless professions to be a part of the fortress guard, also we have so many anarchists in this fort now that we will need anarchist cops to keep them in line

Venom Snake has issued a correction as of 18:35 on Oct 6, 2018

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I would like my extremely real son, Joe Jon, to be dwarfed as a kleptocrat.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

Okay so we got a LOT more migrants than I thought. Updated list of names

hell yeah bitches, time to arrange an accident for the current leader cuz it's MY TURN

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

hell yeah bitches, time to arrange an accident for the current leader cuz it's MY TURN

Over 16 years of Khazad-way insider experience for well respected dwarf government groups like the Goblin Elimination Agency.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Venom Snake posted:

Streetsbound thanked the lovely Centrist Party and Green Party for voting for him.

This is a very exciting time. the Green Party never expected to wield electoral power effectively. Now that our coalition is in power we want to focus on pressing issues like plump helmet conservation and replacing everyone’s leather clothing.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Dwarf me as an Italian Futurist.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you made me a loving baby?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

As a futurist I value above all speed and death. Babies are slow and so if elected mayor I will see to it that they are all gathered on a drawbridge which will be then raised, and the useless babies catapulted far away.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Listen, I was a George H Bush staffer and then served as the Labor Secretary under Clinton, so I'm totally bipartisan, just a wonk, and I'm here to tell you he was a no good compromiser, and he should have enacted common sense labor reforms that actually work for real people, instead of the watered down ideals that got us to this path. Now that he's out of power, let me tell you, I understand everything you saw in how he did wrong -- I saw it too. I was a secret objector in that administration for the very reasons you were displeased with it.

Now that he's gone, and we are here who see what was wrong, let's get it all back together, forge a unified vision, and move forward into a brighter future. Those other elements? The things that were wrong, and the incurable malcontents that are derived from that, let us uplift them, or, if they have no place in our fortresses' future, simply leave them in peace, but in the past.

Who can disagree? Nobody reasoned, that's for sure. Those are the elements we have to watch.

Martin Random has issued a correction as of 19:12 on Oct 6, 2018

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Russian troll farm posted:

As a futurist I value above all speed and death. Babies are slow and so if elected mayor I will see to it that they are all gathered on a drawbridge which will be then raised, and the useless babies catapulted far away.

drat, I should've been an anti-natalist

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stairmaster posted:

you made me a loving baby?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Look pal I do the names in order. Someones gotta be the baby

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i will mine out the foundations of our fort and accelerate its collapse

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Guys you realize he picked a perfect centrist cover story for my dwarf, a literal sadistic nazi who wants you all to die.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

Look pal I do the names in order.

:colbert:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hell yeah a criminal

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

hell yeah a criminal

shutup cop

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

freckle posted:

shutup cop

don't make me find a gbs post of yours to forum cop respond to

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

don't make me find a gbs post of yours to forum cop respond to

:pigoff:

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

put me down as leftist accelerationist

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Venom Snake posted:

We have our forth death! Squizzle, 2nd Century Gnostic has died of his wounds after being mauled by a Cave Croc. It is unknown why he chose to not seek medical treatment, but we know he is in a better place now, arguing with all the other gnostics in wherever they go after they die.

Following Squizzles death the election for new expedition leader yielded quite an unexpected result! Streetsbound the Tibetan Buddhist Theocrat has been elected expedition leader with a plurality of 3 votes. Heres the election breakdown:

Tibetan Buddhist Theocratic Party: 3 votes
Hoxhaist Party: 2 Votes
Posadist Party: 2 Votes
Marxist-Leninist-Maoist Party: 1 Vote
Titoist Party: 1 Vote
Abolish all hierarchies full communism now: 1 Vote
Abolish the state full capitalism now: 1 Vote

Streetsbound thanked the lovely Centrist Party and Green Party for voting for him.

After giving due thanks and ritual supplication to our protective deities for annihilating the delusions of those who oppose the dharma I would like to commission a commemoration for their support:

My first official act will be to outlaw the Jonangpa sect and seize their monastic holdings for heresy.

We should reach out to a Goblin horde for protection and declare their leader a reincarnation in exchange for recognition of my political supremacy.

Also, while we shall weep for the death of the Olm, for all life is precious, it is most auspicious that HURAGOK, INSURRECTIONARY ANARCHIST, was able to overcome that. I will instate them as the Nechung Oracle to advise me on portentous matters.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Sign me up as an Municipalist.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I decided to make a temple where our dwarves could pray and naturally I had statues made for it and well....

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Criminal and slug king things are coming up Jose

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I wish I had the patience to play this game because it seems like it owns but it's so loving ugly

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

I wish I had the patience to play this game because it seems like it owns but it's so loving ugly

try turning on your monitor

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jose posted:

outsourcing it is much more efficient, plus there's no need to run up against the learning curve wall

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Venom Snake posted:

So I decided to make a temple where our dwarves could pray and naturally I had statues made for it and well....

I will declare them Tulkus and consult astrologers to determine the most meritous day for a state holiday. Let us begin the search for SQUIZZLE, 2nd CENTURY GNOSTIC's rebirth.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shout out to our militia for killing a troll in the catacombs WITHOUT major injury.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can we have a few screenshots of the fort?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

Criminal and slug king things are coming up Jose

I'm really glad the ideology system is working lol, makes things even more funny

eonwe posted:

Can we have a few screenshots of the fort?

Entrance (im going to put ballistas in the stone fortifications)

Library:

Farming area:

Crafting area:

Main hall with dorm, temple, cooking area. Barracks are in the top right corner:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

holy poo poo the leftists couldnt stop fighting among themselves so the libs elected a theocrat

• Locked thread