Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Calling the article decks that survive rotation while having cards that rotate in them seems... off? I suppose the site that hosts articles about magic probably can't just say, "gently caress it. Take a break and come back in October," but eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Bedurndurn posted:

Calling the article decks that survive rotation while having cards that rotate in them seems... off? I suppose the site that hosts articles about magic probably can't just say, "gently caress it. Take a break and come back in October," but eh.

I especially like that they don't address using checklands in two of the decks. They then bring it up in the 3rd list, a non-Scapeshift Lake of the Dead deck.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jabor posted:

Even better: dragon mage -> play out your hand then Rule of Law

thats also a blowout lol

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bedurndurn posted:

Calling the article decks that survive rotation while having cards that rotate in them seems... off?
We should all remember the meme lessons of BG zombies and not talk about rotation proof anything. It's disingenuous bullshit.

You can build a good deck now with cards that don't rotate and it might be fine but even if the entire deck survives and it gets new cards it still might fall to tier 3. That's just how it works and preaching to new players like it doesn't is lame.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Chadzok posted:

It's the feeling of complete intellectual dominance. Knowing that you have so thouroughly outwitted, outsmarted, outlasted your opponent - you were always two steps ahead and they were completely foolish to even challenge you. You are, through the undeniable proof of victory, the better man, the greater mind, the obvious choice of mating partner. You are the Magician - and now they know it too.

:yeah:

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

This game is funny sometimes.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
E: beaten.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Chadzok posted:

It's the feeling of complete intellectual dominance. Knowing that you have so thouroughly outwitted, outsmarted, outlasted your opponent - you were always two steps ahead and they were completely foolish to even challenge you. You are, through the undeniable proof of victory, the better man, the greater mind, the obvious choice of mating partner. You are the Magician - and now they know it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1XQduS6IfA

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't know how good it is but I'm having a lot of fun with Ali's Golos land destruction deck he entered in the weekly tournament.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Playing Omni and having a starting hand of 2x Bone to Ash and Vorstclaw when you’re on the draw is basically auto-win.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

This is what an auto win looks like.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

This version of Omni feels a lot more "broken" than list time. Risen reef is brutal.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
There's so many draw mechanics in M20 you could probably easily fill all 40 slots with draw as my opponent just did

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

WOO BACK DOWN TO BRONZE / SILVER

I hope that the cosmetic rewards for the previous season weren't good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I got my Season of Growth negated and my Dragon Mage Bone to Ashed... :negative:

Good thing I had a second one of each

Edit: Aw Yiss time to draw 14 cards, I am sure this will not cause any problems when the opponent also has 14 cards

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 31, 2019

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
A tale of Omni Draft.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Their deck looks a lot better than yours.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Portal of Sanctuary has been more of a house than I anticipated.

Also the GW dude that spits out tokens gets out of control extremely quickly. Remember that your emblem refreshes every turn, not just your own, so you can use the mana again on your opponent's turn

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

WOO BACK DOWN TO BRONZE / SILVER

I hope that the cosmetic rewards for the previous season weren't good

CardStylez™️ for Blood for Bones and Agent of Treachery.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I disregarded him as another overcosted creature at first but Agent of Treachery ended up being my favorite card of the set. Goes in reanimator decks, yarok decks, nissa steal decks and probably more. His second ability doesn't happen frequently but when it does it's backbreaking and the game is all but won. Love that little guy.

Glad I never bother climbing past gold 4 so I don't have to manually take off the ugly as hell card styles every time I slot him into a new deck.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What is going on with the client? It chugs past turn 10 almost every game now.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

It’s a piece of poo poo.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It used to not do this!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Arglebargle III posted:

It used to not do this!

It's much worse than it used to be that's for sure!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

I just restart the game every few matches or so

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

cheesetriangles posted:

Why is winning in Magic the best feeling?

Because you know that the person you beat is an intolerable manchild, and them losing a single game of Magic is devastating to them.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Human Crouton posted:

Because you know that the person you beat is an intolerable manchild, and them losing a single game of Magic is devastating to them.

There’s coffee in that complex.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tomorrow is non-paypig full upgraded cat day!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
How soon do the old bad cards rotate so I can attempt fun again?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Reality Sinner posted:

Beginning of Oct I think?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Reality Sinner posted:

September 26th unless I misread that article entirely

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

6 wins again, this was my first loss. Opp has 3 scorchers in their deck and cast 5 of them that turn before overwhelming and inspiring charge.

I stopped going off because I thought I was safe, but thems the breaks. Had 3 seasons of growth and that lets you do degenerate things. Combine it with a portal and you can pretty much draw your deck with the bad auras.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Thank you

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Scholar of the ages is so absurdly good. Glad they made it shiny so I could find it easier in the pack.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Shared Summoning -> Scholar of the Ages + Meteor Golem -> Shared Summoning again is some busted poo poo.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Jabor posted:

Shared Summoning -> Scholar of the Ages + Meteor Golem -> Shared Summoning again is some busted poo poo.

I just did scholar of the ages + meteor golem + captivating gyre. The game before I did scholar of the ages + bone splinters + soul salvage.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ugh Arena why did you give me the 750 Play 40 Lands quest when all I want to do is play Omni Draft

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ugh Arena why did you give me the 750 Play 40 Lands quest when all I want to do is play Omni Draft

Give it to me, all I get lately are 500s.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dragon Mage + Rule of Law is the most backbreaking play I've seen in any of these events, I love it.

Like even the Garna Mega Kill from the Dominaria Omni Draft was so quick you'd be like "oh I guess I died", the Rule of Law lock forces you to actively concede or play it out

(It is also why I am maindecking Disenchant in this format. Also hits Season of Growth, Portal of Sanctuary, and Moldervine Reclamation)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I don’t know how I feel about dragon mage in Omni. It can just as likely screw you over if you can’t go off with it before setting up your opponent to go off.