Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Well I just got killed by an Omni mono-U mill deck and I had to sit through them repeatedly casting Scholar of the Ages to confirm the kill so I guess that's it for me with this event

Bugsy posted:

Wish I had a blood for bones, casue thats all this deck needed. Still went 7-1.

Scholar recurring unsummon and act of treason was the most common win. Could also mill with sages row or ping with corpse knight.

Oh hey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Went 25- 25 this event, not the greatest. I guess I had to regress to the mean even in this format and I will never ever go above 51% winrate

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I'm down to live by the RNG and die by the RNG, especially when I get a Cavalier of Flame, but can multiple opponents not Diviner's Lockbox correctly-guess the top card of their deck without any kind of advance knowledge?

Edit: Also no fun when your internet goes down for one minute and sixteen seconds.

That's enough time to lose your turn, and losing your turn in this mode means losing the game.

Hammer Bro. fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 3, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jesus christ I'm in silver tier and I forgot that reset week is like crabs in a bucket, love losing 11 times in a row just trying to finish dailies, maybe I should just do another omni draft

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Jesus christ I'm in silver tier and I forgot that reset week is like crabs in a bucket, love losing 11 times in a row just trying to finish dailies, maybe I should just do another omni draft
Um, don't use ranked to do dailies? Play queue is right there dude.

Build some jank and play queue your lil heart out.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Silver constructed has been easy for me this go round, lots of tier 1 decks piloted badly

So many people concede to a resolved Nissa, especially if she's ahead of schedule

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Thought Erasure gets a lot of concessions too.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
NEW THREAD!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897805

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
what the gently caress

have i been misunderstanding the "protection from" mechanic this entire time or is arena loving with me

it should prevent all damage from the protected source color. in this situation a green creature with trample is blocked by a black creature with protection from green with toughness that would otherwise allow trample damage through. since all damage is prevented, why does any damage trample through?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The trampler has to assign damage equal to the creature's toughness but otherwise the rest can go through

Your example is literally the one they use in Rule 702.19b

"Example: A 6/6 green creature with trample is blocked by a 2/2 creature with protection from green. The attacking creature’s controller must assign at least 2 damage to the blocker, even though that damage will be prevented by the blocker’s protection ability. The attacking creature’s controller can divide the rest of the damage as they choose between the blocking creature and the defending player."

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The attacking creature only needs to assign lethal damage to the defender, and the rest gets to trample through.

The fact that the damage to the creature later gets prevented doesn't change this.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

ex post facho posted:

what the gently caress

have i been misunderstanding the "protection from" mechanic this entire time or is arena loving with me

it should prevent all damage from the protected source color. in this situation a green creature with trample is blocked by a black creature with protection from green with toughness that would otherwise allow trample damage through. since all damage is prevented, why does any damage trample through?

Didn't you already post this in the other thread and multiple people responded?

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

Jabor posted:

The attacking creature only needs to assign lethal damage to the defender, and the rest gets to trample through.

The fact that the damage to the creature later gets prevented doesn't change this.

Worth bearing in mind how this works with deathtouch too, as lots of players miss deathtouch/trample combo until they experience it. If your 6/6 deathtouch trample creature is blocked by a 6/6 then you assign 1 to the defender and let 5 trample through

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Alan G posted:

Worth bearing in mind how this works with deathtouch too, as lots of players miss deathtouch/trample combo until they experience it. If your 6/6 deathtouch trample creature is blocked by a 6/6 then you assign 1 to the defender and let 5 trample through

You need to set up full control to assign only 1 damage to the defender, correct?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You don't need full control, only turn off auto assign damage in the menu. In any case I think the game will handle deathtouch trample properly on its own

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

why is this thread still open??

Hauki
May 11, 2010

A Moose posted:

why is this thread still open??

because it’s a much better title, even if/or because it was intended for the other thread

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What other thread?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897805

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
hey y'all,

how do you install Arena to not the C drive so it doesn't kill my SSD?

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Weird, why would it do that? You just pick the directory when you install it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
edit: oh god I just noticed the posts on this page aren't even from this year lol, dang that's a dead thread.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Oct 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: oh god I just noticed the posts on this page aren't even from this year lol, dang that's a dead thread.

welp probate me for necro. This drat game wants to install on my C drive only.

edit: HI CAPTAIN GOOD TO SEE YOU POSTING.