Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
We're six months out from WrestleMania at the time I'm making this thread, and I feel a little silly posting it so early. However, a lot of shows are already on sale (or even, in the case of ROH+NJPW, sold out), and I know a lot of folks are already planning their trips and trying to figure out what the hell to do.

Here's a rundown of the current Mania weekend big shows, a comprehensive schedule of what's announced so far, and some hot NYC tips from me, a local expert dude who has somehow managed to live in this city for like six years and just now feels like he's knowledgable about it.

The Big Shows

Chances are, if you're coming to NYC for the weekend, you're going to at least one of these.

WrestleMania 35

I'm not even going to both writing this up. It'll be at MetLife Stadium in the swamp Meadowlands of East Rutherford, NJ, easily reached via NJ Transit train from beautiful Penn Station, home of not one but three Auntie Anne's kiosks.

It'll be on sale sometime in November, probably, with various travel packages probably going on sale some time beforehand.

NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn V

The fifth Brooklyn TakeOver in five years will be at Barclays Center as usual. With Summerslam moving to Toronto in 2019, this'll probably be the last TakeOver in NYC until... well, at least 2020. What can I say, we're spoiled. It'll run Saturday night, opposite the Joeys and MLW.

ROH & NJPW Present: G1 Supercard

Yup, the big ROH & NJPW show at Madison Square Garden is the night before WrestleMania. This thing is basically sold out; I saw a handful of remaining tickets in obstructed views recently went on sale. Hopefully StubHub will be kind to y'all who, understandably, couldn't commit to a show six months out in one of the most expensive tourist cities in the world.

Expect a big card, though it is ROH-cobranded, so you may wind up seeing Tanahashi vs Silas Young or some poo poo.

Additional WWE Things

WWE is still locking down locations for Axxess, the Hall of Fame, etc. I'd expect this stuff to all be centered around midtown or uptown Manhattan - in fact, they've apparently been scouting Lincoln Center, a fancy complex of buildings for opera and poo poo that would be absolutely hilarious to see WWE running any kind of event in.

With that in mind, expect the Hall of Fame to be Friday night, with Axxess running pretty much all weekend. In 2018 they ran evening sessions on Thursday and Friday, 8 am - 8 pm on Saturday, and an early morning session on Sunday before Mania. Get signatures! See random WWN stars jobbing to NXT midcarders! Do whatever else happens at Axxess!

Apparently WWE failed to lock down a real venue for this poo poo, and are going to use Barclays for NXT and Hall of Fame, and prooobably Axxess. Will update this if that turns out to not be true.

Major Indies

GCW Collective

GCW's partnering with some pals for 3 nights of shows at the White Eagle Hall in beautiful Jersey City, in addition to a sold-out Joey Janela's Spring Break show at the same venue (not part of the package deal). You can see a full list of what they've announced so far in the schedule below.

The White Eagle Hall is easily accessible from the PATH train that runs through Lower Manhattan up to midtown. It's a recently-renovated venue that I didn't know ran wrestling, but Capitol Wrestling ran there last year so this dark photo kinda gives a sense of it. I think GCW was smart to pick tihs venue: the Jersey athletic commission isn't nearly as strict as New York's (which infamously requires guard rails and around-the-ring padding for shows, and has all sorts of restrictions around promoter's licenses), it's only 25 minutes from midtown Manhattan, and it's in an area of downtown Jersey surrounded by food and bars. This will be a fun place to spend the weekend, especially if you're looking for some trashy deathmatch wrestling.

WWN Live

The WWN Live Experience is once again returning to WrestleMania weekend. This year, they appear to have lost their partnership with Progress, but have instead gained two wild new deals: Germany's WXW are returning to the US for the first time since 2011, and Japan's DDT will both be running their first-ever US show with WWN. In addition, they'll be bringing all the WWN brands, from EVOLVE to FIP and everything in between, as well as SHIMMER and Kaiju Big Battel.

On Thursday and Friday, WWN will be running La Boom in Queens, the traditional home of EVOLVE in NYC. Like White Eagle Hall, La Boom has around a 400 capacity, and it's important to note that at La Boom a significant portion of that is standing room only. Now, La Boom is a great venue, with fantastic sightlines, so even standing room tends to be a blast, but if you don't like marathon standing sessions, you'll want to spring for a reserved-seat ticket once they're on sale.

On Saturday, WWN are running a "wrap-up show" a few stops from the Barclays Center at The Bell House, a very nice small venue. This made more sense when this was supposed to run before NXT, but now with it being before Hall of Fame, I don't think anyone's gonna bother going to it.

Wrestlecon

Wrestlecon is a weird hybrid of a convention and a lot of shows around it, and is a good place to see old wrestlers and a weird mix of current indie stars.

Last year, Wrestlecon had some wild poo poo on their supershow. They had NJPW stars (Golden Lovers, Tanahashi, Suzuki, Ishii), domestic stars (Joey Ryan, Jeff Cobb, Brian Cage), lucha stars (Fenix, Penta, Bandido, Flamita), and some other wildcards (Adam Brooks, Jerry Lawler???). This year, I'm not sure they'll pull the same level of star power out, but it depends on how crowded Thursday night ends up being.

In addition to the Supershow, they've also announced "Joey Ryan's Penis Party" for Friday night, running opposite Janela, MLW, and TakeOver. It seems like the best option for those too soured on WWE for TakeOver, against some of MLW's questionable bookings, and who failed to get Spring Break tickets.. They've also announced a RevPro show on Friday afternoon, and a couple morning shows tied into the convention tickets.

Tickets for both the convention and the shows are already on sale here, and they've also got a discount code for the Midtown Manhattan Hilton that the convention and shows will be at. That discount still brings you down to a not exactly cheap $239/night, so, y'know, maybe shop around.

MLW

The newest major player on the scene is doing a taping Thursday night and their second Battle Riot show on Friday night. Battle Riot will have a 40-man royal rumble as the main event, which is wild considering they're up against both Joeys, so I'm curious to see who the hell they get here. I'm expecting some wrestlers to go from curtain jerking at the Joey shows to trying to beat traffic across town to enter the Battle Riot at #35 or whatever, but MLW does have a lot of their dudes under actual contracts, so you can expect some big names to prioritize being here. They're also up against NXT, which will probably kill their draw.

Full Weekend Schedule

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/1077078989179625472

Thursday April 4
Evening: WWE Axxess @ ???
12pm: [WWN] Evolve @ La Boom, Queens
12pm: [GCW] Powerbomb.tv Family Reunion @ White Eagle Hall, Jersey City
3pm: Destiny x Fight Club Pro @ NYC Arena, Queens
4pm: [WWN] WxW @ La Boom, Queens
4pm: [GCW] Josh Barnett's Bloodsport @ White Eagle Hall, Jersey City
7pm: MLW Taping @ Melrose Ballroom, Queens
7pm: WrestleCon Supershow @ Hilton Midtown, Manhattan
8pm: [WWN] DDT @ La Boom, Queens
8pm: [GCW] Inter Species Wrestling @ White Eagle Hall, Jersey City
8pm: House of Glory x Impact @ NYC Arena, Queens
11:55pm: [WWN] Kaiju Big Battel @ La Boom, Queens
11:59pm: [GCW] Absolute Insane Wrestling @ White Eagle Hall, Jersey City

Friday April 5
All day: Wrestlecon @ Hilton Midtown, Manhattan[/i]
11am: [WrestleCon] US vs The World @ Hilton Midtown, Manhattan (included in WrestleCon admission)
12pm: [WWN] Shimmer @ La Boom, Queens
12pm: [GCW] Chikara @ White Eagle Hall, Jersey City
12pm: IPW: UK @ NYC Arena, Queens
3pm: [WWN] WWN Supershow @ La Boom, Queens
4pm: [WrestleCon] Revolution Pro Wrestling @ Hilton Midtown, Manhattan
4pm: [GCW] Black Label Pro @ White Eagle Hall, Jersey City
4pm: Stardom @ NYC Arena, Queens
7pm: NXT TakeOver @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn
7pm: MLW Battle Riot @ Melrose Ballroom, Queens
8pm: [WrestleCon] Joey Ryan's Penis Party @ Hilton Midtown, Manhattan
8pm: GCW presents Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 @ White Eagle Hall, Jersey City
11:59pm: [GCW] Blackcraft Wrestling @ White Eagle Hall, Jersey City

Saturday April 6
All day: WWE Axxess @ ???
All day: Wrestlecon @ Hilton Midtown, Manhattan

11am: [WrestleCon] Pro Wrestling Revolver's Pancakes and Piledrivers @ Hilton Midtown, Manhattan (included in WrestleCon admission)
12pm: [GCW] NOVA Pro Wrestling @ White Eagle Hall, Jersey City
2pm: [WWN] More Than Mania Wrap-Up Party ("over 3 hours of live matches!") @ The Bell House, Brooklyn (on sale Oct 26)
2pm: House of Glory Culture Clash @ NYC Arena, Queens
4pm: [GCW] IWS Wrestling @ White Eagle Hall, Jersey City
7pm: WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn
7:30pm: ROH + NJPW G1 Supercard @ Madison Square Garden, Manhattan
12am: GCW Presents Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 Part 2: Greatest Clusterfuck @ White Eagle Hall, Jersey City

Sunday April 7
Morning: WWE Axxess @ ???
2:30pm?: Wrestlemania 35 @ MetLife Stadium, Way the gently caress out in Jersey

Monday April 8
6:30pm?: WWE Raw @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn

Tuesday April 9
6:30pm?: WWE Smackdown @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

[post reserved for hot nyc tips, goon meet plans, etc]

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

abraham linksys posted:

Germany's WXW and Japan's DDT will both be running their first-ever US shows with WWN.

wXw ran shows at ECW Arena in 2010 and 2011

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is this finally the year some enterprising promotion runs opposite mania??

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Nice thread, thanks for putting it together!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Super No Vacancy posted:

is this finally the year some enterprising promotion runs opposite mania??

nah much like roh theyll all try to steal wwe's buzz for themselves

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'd like to go to these things and maybe hang out with some of you. can someone please tell me how much it would cost to buy tickets to every single one of these shows

this is more of a courtesy post for other people who might be interested in going to these things, but only if i'm there, and maybe they need some time to raise money to get an airplane ticket across the country.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

im coming

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Some other notes I'll add about local groups:

I would expect House of Glory to run, as they have routinely done SummerSlam weekend shows the last few years. They have a relatively easy to get to venue (Club Amazura/"NYC Arena" in Jamaica, Queens, right by the Jamaica LIRR hub/the Sutphin Blvd/Archer Ave subway station on the E, J, and Z subway lines) that I doubt anyone else will be running, have shows fairly dependent on their school's students bringing fans in, and should be able to put together a card without too much difficulty. The students that make the shows are actually really, really good, you just don't hear about them much outside of the ones who work CZW and GCW sometimes, like Anthony Gangone, Smiley, Matt Travis, etc. (There are a bunch of weird politics with where the students are "allowed" to work, IIRC.) I dunno what timeslot they'd pick, though, and it's not exactly super convenient to get to other venues from where they run. (Though if they decided to run the Elk's Lodge in Elmhurst, instead, that would give them relative proximity to La Boom and Melrose Ballroom by subway.)

I'd be shocked if Wrestle Pro didn't do anything. Before the split, as PWS with a lot of the same people, they ran two shows that drew really well during Mania weekend in 2013, including what I believe was the only Thursday night event that year. It was doubly impressive that they did so fairly deep into Jersey, albeit with no competition and decently close to a commuter train stop. The current Wrestle Pro home venue, the Rahway Rec Center, is closer to a less onerous commuter train stop and holds a healthy amount of people, plus they have a close affiliation with Impact.

I'm surprised that ICW—since it's local and is basically a GCW satellite group at this point—hasn't been announced for The Collective yet, but I'm sure it could still happen.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/WWNEVOLVE/status/1049399583447625729

wasnt expecting much of anything from wwn this year but with some great partnerships and just running less shows they've managed a really strong lineup

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

https://twitter.com/WWNEVOLVE/status/1049399583447625729

wasnt expecting much of anything from wwn this year but with some great partnerships and just running less shows they've managed a really strong lineup

yeah that's a really great lineup for 2018

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

exploded mummy posted:

yeah that's a really great lineup for 2018

but... but.. its 2019.... oh.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Thursday at La Boom, Friday completely TBD for me, I think. I want to see both RevPro and the Supershow :(

Also lol is this the first time Bell House have run wrestling outside of Kaiju Big Battel?

e: updated the schedules, will update the rest shortly

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 8, 2018

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

little more info on the WWN thing https://myemail.constantcontact.com/WWNLive-Announces-Wrestlemania-Weekend-2019-Plans----.html?soid=1103872774606&aid=JxZmwZVInns

shows:

quote:

EVOLVE will focus on presenting just one event at this year's WWNLive Experience. In the past, EVOLVE has presented two events. This means this will be a loaded, absolutely can't miss card!

Germany's WXW promotion will present an authentic full lineup with their top stars for the first time during Wrestlemania weekend!

Japan's DDT promotion will hold its first ever event in the United States! This will be an authentic DDT event.

Kaiju Big Battel will continue its tradition of having a wild and fun midnight event!

SHIMMER is renowned for presenting the best women's wrestling. They will be back for a full card of the best women athletes.

The WWN Supershow will wrap things up at La Boom with a card featuring top talent from EVOLVE, WXW, DDT and much more!

The MoreThanMania.com Wrap Up Party will be bigger than ever with 3 hours of live wrestling, just a few block from the Barclay's Center. You can make it a double header with NXT that night!

VIP details:

quote:

- Up to a 15% discount over single ticket prices
- VIP Fan Appreciation Bag valued at over $100
- 2019 WWNLive Experience T-Shirt
- $70 Worth of WWN Merchandise Credits
- Priority Entrance to all the live events

1st row (ringside or stage) - $500
2nd row (ringside or stage) - $400
3rd row and beyond - $300
General admission - $250

On sale times

quote:

VIP Packages go on sale to the prior package holders on 10/15 and to general public on 10/22. Individual tickets go on sale on 10/26. More info coming soon. Thank you for your support.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

wrestlecon's doing wrestling revolver and one additional unannounced show

https://twitter.com/wrestlecon/status/1049369279668346881

still expecting several more GCW announcements too. I am really curious if they run something midnight on Saturday; that's totally when I'd run JJSB if it wasn't presumedly in NYC or a NJ venue w a curfew

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 9, 2018

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

I like how the graphic (accurately) says that The Bell House is a little less than 1.5 miles from Barclays Center but the press release says it's "a few block" away.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

powerbomb.tv presenting a show opposite evolve:

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1049847978423459840

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

opposite shimmer, which is a bummer cuz otherwise I'd love to see chikara :(

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1050053208310206464?s=19

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Here's a map showing where everything is.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

That's kind of a weird map because it's using car directions, so I'll probably put some more public transit info in the tips post once I get to it. tl;dr:

- Melrose Ballroom is off the N/W trains at 36 Av, and also walkable from the E/F/R at 36 St. It's about 20 minutes from the Hilton Midtown at 57 St, but around 70 minutes from the White Eagle Hall, transferring to the PATH at 34th St
- La Boom is off the R train at Northern Boulevard. It's around a half hour from the Hilton Midtown at 57 St, and 80 minutes from the White Eagle Hall, transferring to the PATH at Cortlandt St to World Trade Center
- The Hilton Midtown is near basically every train except the L and G; you'll be fine there.
- The White Eagle Hall is off the Grove St PATH. It's a ten minute walk or so away, but in a busy part of downtown with lots of stuff.
- Madison Square Garden is near a million trains (being built over the nightmare hell basement of Penn Station)
- Barclays Center is also near a whole buncha trains. It's more or less 30 minutes from midtown at worst

Rather than attempt to remember random collections of train letters and street numbers, just use Google Maps to get around. It's pretty up to date with train closures, especially inevitable weekend construction. And don't think they'll make sure the trains are working for the big tourist crowds of WrestleMania weekend; they literally closed the stop for Javits Center the weekend of Comic Con. Keep your phone charged in case you need to spring for a surprise Lyft due to an unexpected gap in public transit.

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 11, 2018

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
google maps has never led me astray for anything in the NYC area including public transport closures except for one time when some bar was an unmarked basement

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

got msg tickets, gonna get mania tickets soon, prolly gonna be skipping most of the side events since my group has never gone to new york and wants to do touristy stuff. do we wanna get korean bbq or something on saturday?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

last gcw show announced, opposite wxw

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1050527334535696384?s=19

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

GCW package is up. Doesn't include Spring Break tickets, oddly

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1050855648798404610

also JJSB will be in Jersey, apparently, which makes it extremely baffling that they went with the early start time

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

wrestlecon announced their last two shows on facebook, and oof

quote:

For the first time since 2016 in Dallas, Texas, we will enjoy the luxury of staging both our lineup of live wrestling events and the WrestleCon convention itself under one roof. Owing to this convenient setup, we are taking the opportunity to offer everybody a taste of both unique experiences for the price of one ticket. If you purchase a Convention Admission ticket, you'll also be entitled General Admission entry to our 11 a.m. live wrestling event that same day. Likewise, if you purchase a Reserved Seat for our 11 a.m. live show, it will come with admission to our convention starting from 10 a.m. until close. Obviously it's not every year that we can offer this bundle deal, so you'll want to take advantage of this rare chance to get both the convention experience and the excitement of live wrestling at one low price!

On Friday April 5th at 11am, WrestleCon presents the United Nations v. The US The actual United Nations has been headquartered in New York City since 1952, with its distinctive curved building located only a mile and a half from the Hilton Midtown in Manhattan. So what better place to showcase the global scope of our sport than right there in NYC? This show will feature its own General Assembly of wrestling talent from around the world, pitting international stars against the best the U.S. has to offer. We expect representation from Japan, Mexico, Canada, Australia, England, and more (no Saudi Arabia at the moment, so calm down!) Although consisting of several individual, tag, and multi-man matches, this will be a group/team effort where each match will be worth a certain number of points. These points will be added to a tally to determine an eventual winning side—sounds complicated, we know, but just trust us, it won't take Boutros Boutros-Ghali to figure it out. And unlike the U.N. itself, a decisive outcome is guaranteed!

On Saturday, April 6th at 11am, Wrestlecon welcomes back Pro Wrestling Revolver "Pancakes and Piledrivers" Year 3. From the creative mind of Sami Calihan, Wrestling for OUR generation, by OUR generation. One of the fastest rising companies around, & the cool kids table of Pro Wrestling.

friday one will probably get some weird guests?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

WWN shows are now on sale: http://www.morethanmania.com/tickets.html

my plan is something like:

Thursday
12pm - Evolve (GA)
4pm - wXw (GA or cheap seat)
8pm - Either DDT or Wrestlecon Supershow, waiting for announcements

Friday
12pm - Shimmer (GA)
4pm - Either RevPro or WWN Supershow, waiting for announcements
8pm - Either Battle Riot or Joey Janela

Saturday
2pm - More than Mania Party
6pm - TakeOver

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 26, 2018

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

If you're waiting on announcements, you MAY want to consider Black Label Pro as well. That's all I'll say.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

davidbix posted:

If you're waiting on announcements, you MAY want to consider Black Label Pro as well. That's all I'll say.

honestly I've mostly been operating under the assumption that I'm too lazy to travel from La Boom to Jersey City but I'll keep an eye out

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

most of the GCW shows are up:

Josh Barnett's Bloodsport - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gcw-presents-josh-barnetts-bloodsport-tickets-51579142604
ISW Boner Jam 4 - https://bonerjam.brownpapertickets.com/
Nova Pro - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nova-pro-wrestling-presents-born-to-run-4619-thecollective-tickets-51338267139
Chikara - https://tix.chikarapro.com/e/29?ref=social
IWS - https://iws.ticketleap.com/jersey/
Black Label Pro - https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3688045
AIW - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/absolute-intense-wrestling-presents-aiws-slumber-party-massacre-tickets-51267080217
BlackCraft - https://bcwnoapologies.brownpapertickets.com/
Powerbomb.tv Family Reunion - https://tix.powerbomb.tv/e/5/family-reunion (FREE FOR SUBSCRIBERS)

still waiting on JJSB3

also lmfao at Blackcraft charging $100 front row for a midnight show ($150 VIP!!)

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 27, 2018

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

janela got onita, and the big TBD JJSB venue is... the white eagle hall. i have no idea what the gently caress GCW tried to do and failed at, here. feel like this was supposed to be an NYC show (thus the early start) and somethin fell thru

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1056016608425140224?s=19

this will sell out faster than roh+njpw tbh

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Onita is enough for me to pull the trigger and bookmark this thread. I'm definitely going to NOVA Pro, just bought the ticket. I can't guarantee that I'll be available on Monday at noon to buy tickets to Spring Break so if anybody wants to commit to trying to get me a front row seat so I can sit with you, I'm good for it.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i did not manage to get a JJSB ticket

:smith:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DDT have announced the first seven talents they'll be bringing to New York are the top seven in the general election voting so Masahiro Takanashi, Akito, Maki Ito, HARASHIMA, Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo and Danshoku Dino.

Very interested to see how people react to Dino.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

apparently Fight Club Pro announced a show while no one was looking, teaming up with a Canadian promotion called Destiny

https://twitter.com/Fightclubpro/status/1059951384592826368

runs opposite WxW so I think I'll pass

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i noticed they are are probably gonna book meiko again

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Impact announced that they have the Thursday night House of Glory/Amazura/NYC Arena spot, too. So Thursday night will be Impact vs. MLW vs. Wrestlecon Supershow vs. DDT vs. ISW. Most stupidly crowded timeslot of the weekend, probably.

I'm not really sure what I think of this: Amazura is super accessible by normal NYC indie venue standards but not necessarily relative to the other Mania weekend indie venues, with WrestleCon being the exception (half hour subway ride and minimal walking). This doesn't sound like a great idea.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
NOVA Pro announced that their show is going to have Puma King and Shazza McKenzie

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Threw it in the indy thread too because why not lol

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/HOGwrestling/status/1064345055861846021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse