Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Some other notes I'll add about local groups:

I would expect House of Glory to run, as they have routinely done SummerSlam weekend shows the last few years. They have a relatively easy to get to venue (Club Amazura/"NYC Arena" in Jamaica, Queens, right by the Jamaica LIRR hub/the Sutphin Blvd/Archer Ave subway station on the E, J, and Z subway lines) that I doubt anyone else will be running, have shows fairly dependent on their school's students bringing fans in, and should be able to put together a card without too much difficulty. The students that make the shows are actually really, really good, you just don't hear about them much outside of the ones who work CZW and GCW sometimes, like Anthony Gangone, Smiley, Matt Travis, etc. (There are a bunch of weird politics with where the students are "allowed" to work, IIRC.) I dunno what timeslot they'd pick, though, and it's not exactly super convenient to get to other venues from where they run. (Though if they decided to run the Elk's Lodge in Elmhurst, instead, that would give them relative proximity to La Boom and Melrose Ballroom by subway.)

I'd be shocked if Wrestle Pro didn't do anything. Before the split, as PWS with a lot of the same people, they ran two shows that drew really well during Mania weekend in 2013, including what I believe was the only Thursday night event that year. It was doubly impressive that they did so fairly deep into Jersey, albeit with no competition and decently close to a commuter train stop. The current Wrestle Pro home venue, the Rahway Rec Center, is closer to a less onerous commuter train stop and holds a healthy amount of people, plus they have a close affiliation with Impact.

I'm surprised that ICW—since it's local and is basically a GCW satellite group at this point—hasn't been announced for The Collective yet, but I'm sure it could still happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

I like how the graphic (accurately) says that The Bell House is a little less than 1.5 miles from Barclays Center but the press release says it's "a few block" away.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

If you're waiting on announcements, you MAY want to consider Black Label Pro as well. That's all I'll say.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Impact announced that they have the Thursday night House of Glory/Amazura/NYC Arena spot, too. So Thursday night will be Impact vs. MLW vs. Wrestlecon Supershow vs. DDT vs. ISW. Most stupidly crowded timeslot of the weekend, probably.

I'm not really sure what I think of this: Amazura is super accessible by normal NYC indie venue standards but not necessarily relative to the other Mania weekend indie venues, with WrestleCon being the exception (half hour subway ride and minimal walking). This doesn't sound like a great idea.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

I gotta say...in that building with a commission strict about going over the guardrail, I'm sure it'll be awesome but, like with Park-PCO, I can see it being disappointing and feeling kind of neutered.

(Well, unless the commission is stretched too thin and there's no inspector there, then maybe they'll go into the crowd.)

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

It's also opposite Black Label Pro...

DarkstarIV posted:

Just a PSA regarding this. If you plan on hitting up this event and then Takeover, you will likely miss the tapings for the following week's NXT episode. And maybe a bit of the actual show if you are going to hit up the merchandise booths.
That's what it looks like, since the live event for NXT NXT is listed as starting at 6:15...and Stardom/HOG didn't/weren't able to do what everyone else did and move up to 3:00. If the timing works out to get a commuter train to Barclays, it's less than half an hour and pretty direct, but the subway routes between the venues is much less direct and requires about an hour. (Car is about 40 minutes under ideal circumstances.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Anyone here going to Wrestlecon Supershow and hasn't bought tix yet? Whereas last year it was fine to just hang in GA, this year, GA is SRO and I want seats, but everyone I know that I've talked to is going to one of the other shows. Who wants to take in the inevitable surprises with me?