Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm here to counterbalance Intruder's posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Gary Sheffield looks like Tyler Perry with those glasses

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Kirios posted:

I get that the Astros are slowly turning into one of the 5-10 more hateable teams in the league but you cannot root for the Red Sox against us. We are nowhere near that tier yet. I'll give you practically anyone else in the AL, but not the loving Red Sox or Yankees.

can and will

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Just here for the lol yankees

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Kirios posted:

I get that the Astros are slowly turning into one of the 5-10 more hateable teams in the league but you cannot root for the Red Sox against us. We are nowhere near that tier yet. I'll give you practically anyone else in the AL, but not the loving Red Sox or Yankees.

The cubsposters were right, I feel like it's just fomenting our own insurrection by trying to convince folks we aren't the villains, pal.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The cubsposters were right, I feel like it's just fomenting our own insurrection by trying to convince folks we aren't the villains, pal.

The harder you push the faster it happens.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The Astros are hateable enough

Its still Enron Field to me

(I do love Cole & Morton tho)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean....yeah, slot us in right behind Red Sox, Yankees, Cardinals and Cubs...Osuna kinda tips the balance on that one. But...at least let us win back to back before you say "gently caress the Yankees? More like, gently caress the Astros!"

GalacticAcid posted:

The Astros are hateable enough

Its still Enron Field to me

(I do love Cole & Morton tho)

We gave you Musgrove, we deserve at least another year or two of Pirates fans support!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Big Mean Jerk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM&t=16s

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kirios posted:

I mean....yeah, slot us in right behind Red Sox, Yankees, Cardinals and Cubs...Osuna kinda tips the balance on that one. But...at least let us win back to back before you say "gently caress the Yankees? More like, gently caress the Astros!"

Its so sad to watch it happen and not be able to do anything to help.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Kirios posted:

We gave you Musgrove, we deserve at least another year or two of Pirates fans support!

Yea but you gave us Moran and Feliz too lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Its so sad to watch it happen and not be able to do anything to help.

If it means we become enemies of the state I'll gladly take it.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

its time to embrace the hate, astros fans. i love it. its delicious. embrace it

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

GalacticAcid posted:

Yea but you gave us Moran and Feliz too lol

I still feel bad hearing about Moran's struggles, given how they had to rebuild the poor guy's face, miss a World Series run, and then get traded.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Just roll with it my Stros buddies. We waited forever for this poo poo, so just bask in the villain role.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Can we be the nWo at least?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I still feel bad hearing about Moran's struggles, given how they had to rebuild the poor guy's face, miss a World Series run, and then get traded.

Most avid Pirates watchers arent as down on the guy as I am, fwiw. He also did show some power toward the years end when he backed off the plate a bit.

And at this point he is whats standing between third base and alleged rapist Jung Ho Kang so I hope he develops a consistent stroke and finds a way to play serviceable defense very quickly.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Kirios posted:

Can we be the nWo at least?

More like Degen X

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

won't lie, i would've rather they blasted Dirty Water
https://twitter.com/RedSox/status/1049874391197249537

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You win you earn the right, but Pedro agrees with you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i literally get a boner when yankee fans are mad/sad/tremendously bitchmade

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That seems very awkward. Condolences. But at least your team got a well deserved series win.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the astros are too adorable to be villains. now, brewers ....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Last year's world series winner is always the villain. The only time I ever rooted for a repeat was the Phillies in 09, and only because of the alternative.

• Locked thread