Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins
This poll is closed.
Khabib 63 43.15%
Conor 24 16.44%
The fans 59 40.41%
Total: 146 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

CRISPYBABY posted:

5th time's the charm, baby

It is kinda funny tho how that their career trajectories have matched so exactly that it's never stopped being an insanely compelling fight.

Id just book Nate Diaz on the same card so that no matter what happens with injuries, youd have an insane fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I didn't watch the fights but lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/PUSHA_T/status/1048806713070161920?s=19

Pusha 3-0

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
What was fergs walkout music last night??

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

melon cat posted:

Also can we talk about Dominic Cruz' terrible commentary throughout the fight? The gently caress was that all about.

"Why isn't he getting up?"

A lot of people get on Rogan for bad commentary but Cruz's commentary in the main event was bar none some of the stupidest fight commentary I've ever heard.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
he may be trying to tire out khabib by smashing his face into his fist, very Homer Simpson esque in his execution, Joe rogan

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Commentary aside, this was one of the best UFC PPVs i've seen. I missed the prelims, but every match on the card was excellent.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
The prelims were pretty good!

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

Yeah the prelims were a lot of fun. I'm rewatching them right now.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lol if you watched last night's PPV anywhere where you were able to hear Cruz's commentary.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Lol if you watched last night's PPV anywhere where you were able to hear Cruz's commentary.

I watched it on my laptop at home

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Google Butt posted:

Long story short khabib condones full contact child mma organized by an actual chechen terrorist
lol yikes

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Wouldn't want to mess with that guy no siree

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

double negative posted:

am i misremembering or did khabib straight up stockton slap conor at one point

I believe he dedicated the entire third round to slapping Conor whenever possible.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

And when Fedor condemned it, people apparently starting harassing his daughter.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/6/13187164/fedor-criticized-chechen-dictator-child-mma-fights-threatened-by-kadyrov-cronies

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

'harassed' is a polite way of saying 'kicked her in the chest'

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

George H.W. oval office posted:

a second fight has hit the octagon
I passed on this card to avoid giving Conor a cut of my $41 SGD. Missing it and this thread live is probably my biggest MMA regret since failing to put money on Rampage vs Chuck. Best gong show play-by-play since the Jon Jones hit-and-run.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I think that, much like Conor's championship hopes, we are done here.