Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
The game against SCAR broke our fanbase. That Q3 was some of the worst football I've ever watched. This team makes the same dumb mistakes and has no discipline. Losers complain about officiating and bounces and whatnot, but the truth is this team could have won the last two games and shot itself in the dick. If we replace Odom this game will probably be the galvanizing point as to why.

People are talking about taking Lane Kiffin for a HC spin though :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

iospace posted:

There was a "Lets go Brewers" chant at the Badger game today.

Also the Wisconsin run game is a multi-headed monster.

"Scoring drive: 1 play, 88 yards" was extremely my poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hed posted:

People are talking about taking Lane Kiffin for a HC spin though :unsmigghh:

I guess Tennessee games would be pretty fun as long as they remain abysmally bad at least.

If Odom actually is this bad, and he appears to be so, I remember saying that run at the end of last season might be setting the program back a few years for a trip to the Texas bowl. A bowl where the team got embarrassed by a punter. I mean, that was one goddamned excellent punting performance no doubt and probably the best I've ever seen...but still.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 7, 2018

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
The Great Conspiracy Against Missouri in the SEC

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

vikingstrike posted:

The Great Conspiracy Against Missouri in the SEC

God's clearly in on it with the timing of that lightning delay.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Raku posted:

I don't know who Stu is

Phone posting corrected Tua to Stu, so did he wreck his knee or what y’all.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

KKKLIP ART posted:

I feel like this would be all over ESPN

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

KKKLIP ART posted:

vikingstrike posted:

I feel like this would be all over ESPN

it's the top story for me

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
While scrolling through Twitter all I saw were upset Ohio State fans about Haskins not being above Tua in Heisman voting and this

quote:

In 6 games, Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa has completed 75 percent (76 of 101) for 1,495 yards,18 TDs & no interceptions - and has yet to play in the 4th quarter this season

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

He was kinda gimpy for the end of the second half after a run. They put a knee brace on it but he still threw fine. I haven't heard anything about it being looked at and Saban didn't say anything about it. He did go in the medical tent once but he was holding his hand.

pfunkdaddy
Nov 19, 2004

*makes it rain*

hobbesmaster posted:

The fix was in :argh:

But did they have to include Wilson in on the fix?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I thought before the season that Auburn was going 8-4 with a bullet, and so here we are. Anyhoo, time to fire up the ol' Twitter and

Usual script in Athens last night; Dawgs played fast and deadly when they wanted to. Aesthetically, Fromm's best game of the season. Run defense still needs a whole lotta work. UGA's schedule was front-loaded with cupcakes and knuckleheads, so we really don't know how good – or not – this team is, but we're about to find out.

Per S&P+, South Carolina had a 4% chance of winning that game. Mizzou got Muschamp'd.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

is it scott frost day yet

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm in Washington for a wedding but managed to find time to watch most of the Iowa game on my phone before the ceremony. They did their best to gift wrap the game for Minnesota but still won easily and kept Floyd. On one hand it's just Minnesota but on the other it was absolutely the type of game past Iowa teams would lose. Offense seems to be finding itself aside from some redzone struggles that will hopefully sort themselves out. Defense was much better than the final score. The offense gave the Gophers the ball inside the 10 twice and we were missing several starters. Still got to the QB almost at will and forced a bunch of turnovers. Feeling cautiously optimistic about the rest of the season

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

vikingstrike posted:

While scrolling through Twitter all I saw were upset Ohio State fans about Haskins not being above Tua in Heisman voting and this

Who cares the Heisman is loving stupid.

Also Haskins is the first player in Big Ten history To record 3 games with at least 5 TD passes in a season, we’re only halfway through the season.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oh yeah also Iowa did this lol

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/1048677318783389698?s=19

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Isn't #38 a covered receiver in that formation?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dango Bango posted:

Isn't #38 a covered receiver in that formation?

It's not a forward pass, it's a direct snap to him

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State is going to go 6-6 but beat a 9-3 Michigan anyway

Also their biggest play of the game got called back because Lewerke somehow threw a ball forward despite tossing it behind his body. It was an almost imperceptible violation of a rule that never gets called so I’m shocked it happened to them and not the Detroit Lions.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mike Stoops lost the shootout Texas didn't win it

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Metapod posted:

On the other hand. Hook Em'

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

We scored the most we've ever scored on OU ever.

Fire Tim Back

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Michigan State is going to go 6-6 but beat a 9-3 Michigan anyway

Also their biggest play of the game got called back because Lewerke somehow threw a ball forward despite tossing it behind his body. It was an almost imperceptible violation of a rule that never gets called so I’m shocked it happened to them and not the Detroit Lions.

this seems like a bigger play

quote:

In three starts against MSU, all Northwestern wins, Thorson has gone 91-of-130 for 1,020 yards. The senior, who also scored on a 2-yard sneak Saturday, threw for nine touchdowns and ran for two.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
We are hurtling toward a scenario where ND gets in the playoffs, and then the committee goes, "Well ... Bama/Georgia just beat Bama/Georgia in the SEC championship, but we're gonna let the loser in anyway" and we have THREE conferences shut out of the playoffs.

It'll be great. I think we might finally get that 8-team playoff after that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

this seems like a bigger play

That's many plays

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Metapod posted:

Lol what

Texas was definitely the more impressive team

We straight up beat them

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Seaniqua posted:

it's the top story for me

:golfclap:

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Does ND play Klimpson? I keep forgetting how ‘in’ the ACC they are

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ND will lose to the Northwestern Wild CAt

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Cnidario posted:

Not this year I don't think but I remember them playing recently

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Cnidario posted:

No. Their toughest remaining game is...Florida State, I guess? USC or Northwestern maybe? It's not great

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Barring injury I think Notre dame is basically a lock for the playoff along with bama

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

HES A GOD WARRIOR

HE WILL NOT STOP

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Notre Dame / UCF for all the marbles.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Perhaps as the game foretold, neither Auburn nor Washington are good.

We're doing a bad job of playing to the level of our competition with the exception of BYU, but otoh this is the first time we've beaten chip kelly in his head coaching career.

Since its officially that time, gently caress Oregon

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

buddhanc posted:

Barring injury I think Notre dame is basically a lock for the playoff along with bama

Now that Bama is an air raid team without a hard nosed defense like Saban said in the post-game yesterday, they're going to basically have a Texas Tech season and will lose to Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Bama-Georgia-Clemson-Notre Dame playoffs

Just going to go commit ritual seppuku brb

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Sucks that VT lost to ND if not for perception but to sink ND's playoff chances. Crowd was fun, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sab0921 posted:

Now that Bama is an air raid team without a hard nosed defense like Saban said in the post-game yesterday, they're going to basically have a Texas Tech season and will lose to Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee.

I love it that Bama is going to average like 58ppg on offense and it's going to drive Saban insane that they gave up 31 to Arky.

• Locked thread