Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Haamu - The Ivory Tower

The clock was fast approaching midnight, and between the ticks and the tocks there was Haamu. And he was having a nap.

But for a being like Haamu, having a nap was tantamount to doing work. And indeed, a myriad avatars of Haamu, as fleeting whispers in the mind, as grinning owls on branches, as wizened figures just out of sight, made their way through the Dreamscape and the mortals within, both those sleeping and those otherwise wandering. And they had a message to depart, a lesson on symbolism started elsewhere and to be concluded here.

The Ivory Tower could be seen in the Dreamscape. Though it was not the Real thing, but a mere mirage.

Nevertheless this ought to be enough. For whether it was Real or mere Dream had no significance to what it meant, and indeed, its meaning was far more a Dream than any tangible quality anyway, if you were to ask Haamu. And what the Ivory Tower meant was stability, and this is what Haamu taught to all. It was always in its appointed place, always still, always anchored, no matter where you were or what you dreamed of. Though its place in the Real was precarious, its place in the Dream was ironclad, in the Dream where it was keystone and guiding star. And the dreaming mortals would know of this, and would be made to Believe it, and in the Dream where Belief was Real, their Belief would be a scaffold upon which the Ivory Tower could lean on, just as they leaned on it.

Too bad it was just a mirage, a Dream.

...Or was it?

OOC: The reflection of the Ivory Tower within the Dreamscape is given special significance. It will be a lighthouse and fulcrum to help all deaming souls navigate the dreamscape, visible from every spot, their accumulated belief in it supporting it just as it supports them. The reflection is then superimposed upon the Real version of the Ivory Tower, thus granting it stability. Space [+2] and Dreams [+2] to make it be so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Maldrogo-Ivory Tower

"So what do we do?", Maldrogo asks Avtotar. "How do we fix the tower and the lands? I don't want to crumble into dust, myself."

As he asks the other god, he looks over the controls to the tower frantically.

Checking out the controls. Trying to figure out how the tower works

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Avtotar - The Tower

"Since you were humble enough to ask, I see that there are several important steps. First is to prop up the crumbling metaphysical structure of the Tower, to get a step ahead of its current decay. Next is to extricate the structure of the Tower from the structure of the mortal realm, to isolate the failure of one from further damaging the other. In doing that, we sever the control linkages so that a single god can not attack the Ivory from this room. At this point we would have three realms which are independent - the Ivory Lands, the Dreamland, and the Tower. If the Tower has been properly severed, we can configure it as a mere observation post and meeting hall. If the seperation is only partial, then we produce a race of impartial servitors - Bubbles and his ilk were too unreliable - that will tend to the minimum necessary functions. I do fear that such is how we found the Realms when we arrived. But we ultimately want to stabilize reality to the point where a control tower is extraneous and dieties never need see or think of it, possibly barred from using it. After we've fixed the Realms, of course.

"As for the first step - the temporary mending. I think I have a large portion of the necessary skill. Though I would prefer for Arionhod to lend her expertise in technologic matters. Haamu's plan is a good one, but I worry about whether the people believe in the structure's function or just its appearance. Still, Ivory is malleable to a skilled hand, not just an outgrowth of bone. "

Avtotar's dour countenance turns from the god of lies to the ivory walls of the control room. Were things so bad that they could be mended only through stupendous effort? Or could he wrench the bone back into its socket with a single twist? Best not to risk damaging the nerve center by playing at chiropractor. Yet.

Haamu had a good idea. Merge the ideal and the real. But while the tower healed, it would need to be kept steady. Avtotar reached out and grasped the physical structure of the Tower, allowing his power to seep into its reality. As long as he concentrated, Avtotar the Allmighty could hold the decay of reality in check, keep stasis for Haamu, and maybe Arionhod, and possibly Xenua to grasp the root of the problem. Once their portion of strength had been gained, Avtotar would set things in motion again.

Lending my +4 Healing to the task. Mostly just to prevent a backfire. If others' actions prove to be on the right track, I'll swoop in to claim the glory next round.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Maldrogo-Ivory Tower

"Wouldn't it make more sense, though, to keep the tower able to control the world? It would certainly make things easier for us to govern the lands from here, and to have this place as a source of power to help shape things to our liking. Without it, we would be reliant solely on our own abilities, and this place might be more vulnerable to invasion."

Also helping fix the tower. Adding +2 Bargain and +2 Lies, to keep my hand in.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Akkri Sen Tav - Penumbra, the City of Dusk

The healing of the Tower has begun. Akkri has no part in this portion of things. He would return when it was time to cut it free from the world. He approves of removing a single control point that could be seized by one god or another. Speaking of...

Akkri draws a blade and cuts away the distance between himself and the Kathraki capital. He arrives with no fanfare, merely stepping forth in a plaza overlooking the great falls. He is secretly gratified when a passing Born Kathrakos twitters in shock and recognition. The long ages merged into the Overgod had not erased his memory from the Flat Folk. He gives orders to the creature that rushes off to see the preparations made. That done, Akkri looks around the city and is pleased. The Kathrakos had made a strange and wondrous city. The walls swirl with gleaming mosaic tiles and prisms catch and throw light in dancing patterns. Everywhere there are contrasts of light, color, texture, and form. No street runs straight and no door is the same as its neighbor. In his long lesson to his people he had not taught them of beauty but it seems they had discovered it on their own.

The city has grown around the two rivers and the mighty waterfall they join at. Many open plazas provide grand view and beams of focused light are thrown out into the mists, producing wavering patterns. Sculptures of light, thinks Akkri, clever. He will try to preserve them in the coming change. And with that Akkri Sen Tav begins his next work.

He draws the Curved Blade. Space warps as he slices the rivers apart, warps further as he cuts deep into angles and gravity. One river, that will from this day be known as the Horn, slows. Waves slosh over embankments as the river stops and then gradually reverses course. The other, which will be known as the Ivory continues to flow normally. Finally, with a sense of relief like a porter setting down a heavy load after a long flight of steps, Akkri releases the potent energies he had torn from the apegod. The others had not supported his bid to harden the edge between Real and Dream. Fine. They did not see the danger, ignored the spreading mists of Madness. He did not think he could cut the dreamworld off completely without the others' support. But with this stolen power, Akkri felt that he could at least form a defensible position, a bastion between the two. With the great upwelling of divine power he creases the world. All that would pass between Real and the Dream would do so on the twin rivers, the Ivory and the Horn. They would come on strange boats, they would float in the waters, they would be pulled by river beasts myriad and fanciful. But all would pass through Penumbra, the City on the Edge. And in this way Akkri could defend the realm. It would also make the capital of his people one of the greatest in the world.

Action: Reverse the flow of the Horn river and change the border between Reality and Dream so that all who would pass between would travel on the rivers (Ivory flowing into Dream and Horn flowing out). Use Cutting +4 and Overgod +4

Order: Command the Kathrakos to make ready for this change with the construction of fortifications and piers.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Arionhod and Ogoria - Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn - God Prison Dimension

You both step sideways, into Skinny Dick's, and observe that within the structure the Prison has taken on a large expanse. It could rival the Ivory Lands now in size; countless amounts of bones line the surface of the prison, and it appears to have its own weather at this point (usually blowing bone dust). Meat City thrives, however it's now in a crisis as most people tried to sleep to escape the prison into the Dreamlands. That link has now been broken, and most realize they're stuck here for the time being.

A great honorary tradition among the Name-Kings of the Meat City has evolved into beautiful music of sorrow, each King memorizing the names of all the Kings before them. The city is truly a utopia, where all races coexist, and feast, upon the livestock that tend to pop in. A great shrine to Ran sits in the middle of the city.

Meat City itself is surrounded by an explosive bloom of skullvine and castlewort, making the city itself unassailable by those outside of it. Many roving packs of marauders have formed in the society, the biggest faction known as the Dreamless, throwing society away, and cursing Arionhod's cruel design.

Just to clarify the Prison and Skinny Dicks's sort of kind of exists on its own thing like the Dreamlands and the Ivory Lands, though its loosely connected to everything else. A unique effect, and so far everyone (including you both) aside from that Hroon has passed, but any time someone moves they have a chance of getting dumped into this place.

Banana Man fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 20, 2018

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Arianhod -Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn, province of Dank Hills

Arianhod is direct and to the point. Her voice booms in the head of every resident of the prison. <<I am Arianhod of Mundus, I've been away for awhile, but I've returned. You are in my home, but you are welcome to stay. Please keep in mind, however, you are my guests. I will try to make things more accommodating.>> She tries to scrape the shittiest parts of the prison's existence away, designer microbes trying to create the beginnings of a ecosphere not made of dead people parts, or, at least, dead people parts after they've been processed by the carbon cycle.

Using [Druid+2] and [Magitech Progressive+2] to try to turn the prison into someplace livable for mortals, maybe even pleasant. Before you can start a cult, you need to give them a reason to believe besides fear and dogma. Arianhod basically is setting up UBI and garunteed food, shelter, and water.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Ogoria Azul - The Ivory Tower

<<And I am Ogoria Azul, eldest daughte-you know what gently caress it. Call me Ogoria. I'm sleeping on this girl's couch so I figure I owe her the effort of some help. So uh, who wants to brew some dank-rear end drugs?>>

OOC: Witchcraft +2 to give these mortals rad drugs and medical care and Brawler +2 to teach them how to defend themselves.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 21, 2018

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

GRUMBOL + Dunrandin

A pile of Hroon and Buggs spill into the chamber, several large eggs designated as queens among them. The Hroon with the scroll dusts itself off with his trunk, laying the scroll out. It toots, “Sign here, here and here.” Dunrandin signs it in an eerie fashion, and the Hroon pops off to somewhere else. The other Hroon organize and start hammering on things with cute little hammers in their trunks. The Buggs start weaving webs around cracked bits here and there.

A bit of a plus, it appears with Dunrandin’s additional assistance, it appears that Holy Custodians can now freely enter and exit this structure regardless of distance.

Dunrandin, you now get access to the pantheon’s +3 ability.

Haamu + Avtotar + Maldrogo 25

So it came to be that the dreaming would seek the Tower, and through their slumber reinforce its collective hold on reality; their dreams healed the Tower, and in turn it healed them. There was a bit of a twist to this; in order for the Tower to exist there had to be dreamers; this wisdom was thankfully bestowed upon the sleeping, so that each society came to have a Dreamer caste; those Dreamers alone acted in a way as ambassadors for the waking, studying the Tower and the wisdom of it within their sleep and sharing the information with the others. Maldrago, you find that the flawed original Tower actually resides in your pocket. Or does it? It does. Maybe. You’re not sure if you’ve successfully lied to yourself or not.

With a pop, the entire Ivory Tower removes itself from the waking Ivory lands and appears in the center of Penumbra beside the great river between the realms. (due to Akkri’s action).

Akkri Sen Tav

Everything that dreams, or otherwise would pass between the waking realm and the dreamlands now passes through Penumbra upon the river. Noteably, this means that the Ivory Tower pops into existence within Penumbra itself, it too serving as a linchpin for such endeavors. The Frogmen take up residence within the city; while the shadowmen are known for cutting deals, the frogmen are generally better at coming ahead on them. Regardless, Penumbra is the metropolis through which everything passes. With this vantage point however, you notice that those that pass have a good tendency to pop away and end up in the Prison.

Arionhod + Ogoria

It took surprisingly little effort to transform the prison into a place that was somewhat liveable; it’s not great but people can generally find a means to exist without resorting to bone-gnawing. Meat City still comes out ahead with small forests blooming and several apple orchards popping up around it. The magitech that comes along with it is also good at providing calcium-powered light force fields that keep bone dust from blowing into people’s homes. Ogoria’s efforts lead those outside of Meat City to at least experience all the pleasures that an endless supply of reagents can offer. Some of the best “doctors” make a name for themselves out in the bones (now covered in lichen and mosses); most everyone can handle their own now.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
GRUMBOL - The Ivory Tower

The queens would sort themselves out, as Buggs often did. The first born would sting the eggs of the rest or make them sub queens to this hive. The multi-queen structure mimicking that of their origins. The Buggs and Hroon Divine Custodians began work on patching up the tower as others worked to fix it in their own ways. <"Grow, take up residence in all of the veins and nerves of this place. Repair and keep it healthy."> He bade the Divine custodians and unborn queens. Grunting, GRUMBOL's armored shell shifts, growing more hulking if that were possible. His eyes roved over the tower, the links binding the pantheon together as well as the paths others had tread. Dunrandin appeared in their instance and he bowed his head slightly in acknowledgement. He turned to Avtotar and Dunrandin. <"It is time we expand our boundaries and ability to help and guide this world. The Architects of Fate will be a shining example of this. Join me in communion brothers."> His gauntlet reached out down and towards the root of their pantheon's strength. The bank of power sitting untapped would be put to good use.

Within the metaphysical bridge in their instance of the tower: Reaching into the bank of divine energy and taking for the Architects of Fate. Destruction [+4] to cut through any barriers or obstacles to this. Change [+3] as well for the taking.

Also @Banana Man
Where do we sit on the following?

• 2 turns until Ivory Tower melts down and destroys gameworld & everything in it. (fixed?)

• 4 turns until Ivory Lands shakes itself apart.

• 6 turns until every mortal is within Arionhod’s prison.

• 9 turns until Madness God Mists infests dreamlands permanently. (fixed?)

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Avtotar, the Tower
As GRUMBOL began digging for the source of GodPower, Avtotar felt the irresistible pull of gaining greater Authorities and greater Worship. The god of therapists lent his power where he could. As he had altered the Hroon minds to accept and adore their elephant bodies, so he would fix the conduits of power to accept and allow GRUMBOL'S attempt to access the Reservoirs Of Power.

Obviously going to use my Healing to help GRUMBOL make me stronger. Not sure if we can both use Change on the same action, but Every Little Bit Helps

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Xeuna

Xeuna feels the flow of knowledge, drawing it in to learn the workings of the tower and the functions of the world. So absorbing, so entrancing it is that she hardly notices the trio working to move the Tower into the dreamlands. Before it makes the switch, Xeuna transports herself away from the Tower, returning to the Rose Lands.

Her arrival in the Academy causes a stir, as the symbolic patron of the university becomes manifest (and ruins several doctoral thesis besides). As things settle, Xeuna holds seminars and symposia with the top academics, disgorging reams of information about the nature of the world - she's pleasantly surprised to learn that the Observatory had deduced much of the framework.

The Goddess then puts the challenge to them, to prevent the shattering of the unstable world. The Centaur's special abilities will prove useful, to travel great distances, on both sides of the Dreamland. Xeuna dispatches messengers to the other Mortal races, the Frogmen especially, to attend a grand Conference in the Rose Lands to devise a plan of attack.

Imparting Knowledge +4 about the state of the world to the Academy, to work on solving the impending Shattering.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The Awful Ran - The Ivory Tower

The power of the ape-god flows into the Delighted Ran, and the demon god blows a ring of divine smoke from his nostrils. Spicy!

As the other gods depart and the Ivory Tower shifts, Ran seems to take little notice of the goings on around him. Instead, the one known as the Greengold King slips from the confines of the Ivory Pillar and makes his godly way to the forest where his old friend, Su-Chelev, rules. As his wooden sandals clomp through the loam and crinkly leaves, Ran leaves behind his old form and takes that of an ancient centaur, greybearded and limping, lined with old scars and broken bones badly men't.

"Prodigious one!" he cries, horse legs failing beneath him as he slumps to the ground in the clearing of the great boar. "Take mercy on an old mule, and grant me your wisdom! For I was cast aside my family, thrown down by my enemies, and fed upon by the birds of the sky and the beasts of the field. The gods themselves have abandoned me! Even as we speak, our world tears itself apart, while our greedy masters fatten themselves upon the bounty of this land. The tower is moved! The prison hungers! Madness walks the realm of dream! We are doomed!"

Sobbing, the old centaur raises his hands in supplication. "If you have any wisdom to share, ancient one, please bless me. And if you do not, at the least take me with you as you depart these lands for greener pastures..."

Having some fun with Su-Chelev

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Akkri Sen Tav - Penumbra, the City of Dusk

Akkri nods in satisfaction. The tower's appearance was unexpected, but made sense. It was an axis and Akkri had just changed the flow of things. Time to see what progress the squawking gods had made on the other problems. With his hand on the Edge of Perception's hilt, he walks in the mundane fashion for a change, enjoying the city and recovering from his divine labors. Already the Kathrakos are making use of this new influence, followed swiftly by the canny frogmen. On the banks of the river Ivory the Flat Folk and the frogmen hawk charms and scrolls for protection from madness to the stream of dreamers. A transaction is completed and a languid dreamer reaches into her head and draws forth a gleaming memory in exchange for what looks to be a lotus charm. In moments the dreamer is drawn deep into the river, far from the bustling surface. She will not remember her dreams this night and many to come. Akkri doesn't bother to check how many of the charm merchants are legitimate. It will sort itself out. The geographical concentration will allow for regulation and protection. Good good.

Akkri Sen Tav comes to the base of the Ivory Tower. Mortal steps will carry him no further. A blade is drawn, slashed, sheathed. Akkri stands once more in with the apegod's halls.

"Well? How does the realm fare?"

Orders to come once its clear where he's needed.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Maldrogo-The Ivory Tower

Maldrogo watches the Buggs work on the tower. Interesting creatures, these Buggs. Handy, really. So inefficient, though. He could improve them. He'd have to study them first, figure out how they work. There were so many queens. Surely they didn't need all of them. Waiting until nobody is paying attention, he grabs one and stuffs it in his pocket. "There, there, little friend.", he whispers, staring at the creature through piggish eyes. "You'll like this, just watch."

Maldrogo is taking a Bugg queen.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 27, 2018

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Dunrandin - The Ivory Tower

The Cadmium King takes the changes around him in stride, though his silks swell noticeably with the power of the Pantheon. The Buggs and Hroon are set aside in his awareness as are the various departing deities. "When this is finished, brothers," he says to his fellows, "I ask your aid to restore my servant to this life. We have a contract, he and I, and he was not given permission to die."

As he speaks he reaches out towards the same essence as the others, commanding it to obey, tying it together with bands of obedience and law.

Adding my own Law +2 and Domination +2 to the roll to make us all more punchy.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Arianhod -Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn>>Somewhere Else

That nasty business taken care of, Arianhod takes aim at the next problem. This universe clearly had a system of perverse incentives to make gods act out according to their worst behavior. To change the behavior, change the system and the processes it used to enforce it. She closes her eyes and opens them, in the mithril cave again. "Hello my friends," she whispers to the assorted creatures scurrying from her. "It's been awhile, and I'm sad I can't study you in more detail. But we need all of you, you and your catalyst.

With a mote of will, the creatures, the mithril deposit, and a chunk of cave are Somewhere Else. Arianhod looks around at the enorumous reserves of obviously divine energy pumping around her, two of them dormant and contained, one flowing. "This world will never be safe while this exists, and hard heirachies and not acceptable. She carefully pokes through the aether of the first and tears it open, willing a sheen of mithril and rapidly transmogrifying cave creatures inside. "Go, distribute this to the sapients of the world below, and return until it is gone." Arianhod repeats the process for the other two.

<<Ori, my friend, stand guard while I finish this, I could use your support while this is going on>>

Using [Druid+2], [Magitech Progressive+2] and and my one use of Mithril+2 to create an ecosystem of modified creatures that will quickly drain all pantheon energy from all potential and existing systems and distribute it in according to all sapient creature's needs* (i.e gods gets a share, but we're last in line :ussr:).

*No, the desire to rule over everything is a want, not a need.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 30, 2018

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Maldrago-The Tower

Having just secured the Bugg queen, Maldrago is standing there, feeling self satisfied and looking the picture of innocence, when he feels like he was hit by a hammer.

Someone is trying to steal...from him! Maldrago hates theft. And then give it away?! Maldrago knows it must be some sort of scam...no one gives something away unless they plan to get more back, but he doesn't know what it is, and the scope of what she is trying to do is staggering.

Well, this...this godling could do what she wanted with her divine power, no matter how foolish and risky it was, but she wasnt taking his without permission. "Not today, miss", he says, gritting his teeth and concentrating. Let's see, how to do this?

Trying to block/redirect Arionhod's action. Lies +2 to drive her away from real sources of divine power to illusionary ones, taking the effort she's using and redirecting it down blind alleys, Bargain +2 to bind the divine power to itself, making it harder for her to seperate it from its source

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
Ogoria Azul - Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn>>Somewhere Else

<<I got no idea what the gently caress is going down but the bitch who has the couch gives the orders.>>

Ogoria pulls herself off the couch. Her neck cracks. She snaps her fingers, the contract from Bubbles appears. Ink bubbles from a lengthening obsidian claw. She signs it with a flick of her claw, then a phone materializes in her hand.

"HEY YEAH NERDS, I NEED BACKUP MUSIC. SOMETHING GOOD TO SHATTER MAGIC VIBES AND poo poo. LOOK UNDER THE TABL-YEAH, I'M A DEMON, I KNOW HOW THIS poo poo WORKS. JUST POP THE TAPE IN SOMETHING, TURN UP THE BASS, AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE CAN HEAR."

Bass bellows into the cracks of reality, worms it's way into the the emptiness between thoughts. It festers there like a wound for everyone but Ogoria. For her, it's just her Thursday workout tape. It gets her in motion. Every muscle listens to the beat, the ceaseless thump that shatters thought. Her fists tearing through the edges of reality, towards the flow of energy this nerd working against Ari is sending out. She digs her flaws in, with a few well-chosen hexes, to the pounding primal music.

OOC: Ogoria will use her Custodian +2 contract to fire concentration destroying music while her Witchcraft +2 and Brawler +2 powered fists get to work on protecting Ari's magical work.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Haamu - The Ivory Tower

Divine wills clashed, and between gritted teeth there was Haamu. And he was as akin to mist, floating, floating ever so gently. And from the mist first materialized his fingernails, then his fingers and his palm, which he then placed in a rather overtly familiar way on the shoulder of one Maldrago as the rest of him materialized behind his peer. There was a glint in his eye and a hookah on his lips as he took a puff, and then talked.

"My friend~", he started, "I see that you too are a dabbler in the realm Between that which is and that which is not! A happy day indeed, for me, to meet such a skilled colleague, to talk with and to discuss with for many an eve!"

Another puff. He offered his pipe to Maldrago.

"Though as fellow practitioner in the realms of the Real and the Dream I cannot help but wonder, in the name of spirited debate, on whether you have some assumptions I disagree with! Claims rather erroneous indeed~"

"For I see in how you act and in what you do, that you put a focus on Dreams being Lies, but these are not the same. Arianhod's love for mortals, a thing you seem to despise, is a mere phantasm as well after all, is it not~? But a Lie?" Haamu chuckled, "No no, in such things we find instead the most fundamental and meaningful Truths of all. Certainly more meaningful than some trite measurements of density or distance. In the phantasms we choose to believe are True, and in the paths they lead us on, we find our Meaning. Indeed, if our friend here merely follows her heart and believes in her cause, I do believe the Truth of your Unreal Power will be made very manifest."

"Let me demonstrate, if you will, in an attempt to make my point understood."

OOC: Do not make such an amateurish mistake as to equate illusions with lies, or where you think things are with where they are actually at, my good friend Maldrago~. Subverting Maldrago's attempts to hinder Ari into helpful guidance instead with the power of Space [+2] and Dreams [+2].

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
GRUMBOL, the Tower

Feeling the flow of some interference, GRUMBOL commanded the Divine Custodians within their instance. <"Set the switches to: Fire 3, Evil 3. Center it on: Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn>>Somewhere Else. Engage.">

<"Interfering with us will net you nothing but ruin. Depowering all the gods is foolhearty and vainglorious.">

Using the overgod tower to make things interesting. You can save your patch of dirt and yourselves or *attempt* to stop us.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 1, 2018

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

<<Oh hey, you spend your whole allowance on those ten dollar words?>>

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
GRUMBOL, the Tower

GRUMBOL almost yawns at the schoolyard taunt. <"Better those than the meaningless and worthless ones you speak. Perhaps you should concentrate on saving your own interests rather than these amateurish antics.">

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Maldrago-The Tower

Maldrago sees his efforts twisted by Haamu into fantasies, and he concentrates, his face taking on almost porcine look, as he tries to force the darkness in the maze of deceit to smother Haamu's lantern of dreams. "Don't be foolish. Do you see what she's trying to do? Do you really see it? If she does this, she'll doom us all! Please, stop hindering me, for your own sake!", he cries out.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

<<Both of you made a fatal mistake.>>

She tears another thread apart, then uses the wreckage it to tie two more together.

<<You assume I give a poo poo.>>

A good slug right into the center of the mass, get the whole flow off-balance, hopefully.

<<I'm just here for my Friday morning workout.>>

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
GRUMBOL, the Tower

GRUMBOL sighs. For a god of destruction he didn't have to do anything with this bunch. <"So be it.">

Is this the point where the table gets flipped over and the game ends?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Haamu - The Ivory Tower

Arguments were made, and amidst pleading words there was Haamu. And there was a glint in his eye. He addressed Maldrago.

"Oh, but I do see, my friend, quite clearly too", he offered the hookah one more time, "Try my pipe, and perhaps you will see as well~"

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Akkri Sen Tav - Above the edge of the world

"Well? How does the realm fare?" Akkri's question goes unanswered. Directly, that is. A divine tiff erupts. Asked and answered.

Akkri Sen Tav watches his divine peers squabble. It is an alien form of combat for him, this squashing of gambits. If he wished to do something and someone opposed him him the course would be clear; kill them and then proceed. These gods marshal vast forces in game of one-upsmanship and to Akkri's battle-forged instincts it is like watching people swing at their opponent's sword instead of making a thrust at their body. Akkri shakes his head and resists the urge to test them in true combat. He feels the knifepoint of other disasters at his throat.

Time to be apart. Akkri whips the Curved Blade from its sheath and steps onto the edge of the world. He extends his divine senses, searching for the equilibrium of the spinning world. Yes, here he felt the weight of things extending far beyond the line of balance. Like a spinning grindstone with one heavy section. It would stress the whole system with each rotation. Akkri draws Paragon and lops the peak from a mountain. This would be easier with a good place to stand. His sword flashes again and the peak's mass and momentum are neatly cut away entirely. Akkri now stands upon a shard of stone, looking down at the world spinning swiftly away beneath him. He seeks that equilibrium again. Best to get this right on the first try.

The stroke is instant and leaves no mark. But it is followed in moments by a huge plume of dirt and stone spilling into the void. Massless it is bumped into the air by the world's spin.

Using Cutting +4 to rebalance the world's spin by shaving mass and momentum from the unbalanced portions.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The Awful Ran - Above the Edge of the World

The Tiny Ran appears on Akkri-Sen-Tav's shoulder as his swings his blade. Doing a quick, lithe dance, he spreads his fingers with their carefully sharpened nails and pours his power into the swordgod's attempt to balance the world. After all, if the Ivory Lands did not conform to the laws the gods imposed, what was the point of their being gods? Words of Law and Power wreathed the blade as it struck, an injunction against mass and momentum. His mount's shoulder slipped downward with the cut, and Ran's unsteady dance became a whirl of robes and sandals, flailing into oblivion off of Akkri-Sen-Tav. With a flash of greengold light, he was gone.

The Lawful Ran - Mithril Caverns

To the creatures of the caverns below, Ran appeared as one of them...whatever that was. A noble creature bathed in light, he soothed those frightened by Arionhod's presence and attempt to distribute the urn of power in the Tower. All would be well with the one known as Hearth-Beacon leading them, as he has led countless herds in the past...

Adding Law [+2] to AST's attempt to redistribute the world.
Adding Husbandry [+2] to Arianhod's attempt to redistribute the wealth.

If I'm not allowed to split up aid like this lemme know in discord and I'll edit it.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Info Post

Map

Note this is everything on the table then, some minor details not specifically detailed; the pink dots represent the human ark cities.

GRUMBOL
Those timers are correct; the ones marked fix are also correct. I’ll update the timers when the resolution of the current actions.

Ran

Su-Chelev grunts with a smirk. “In the darkest of times, I find it best to roll in the mud.” He stomps lightly on the squishy ground beneath him. “Wisdom…wisdom,” he mutters to himself. “Wisdom is knowing that only Ran would prostrate himself so before me, you honor me friend.” He turns as you walk beside him, and he shows you the grand mudpiles that make up his Castle. “For some reason my mutterings helped out those centaurs that came to visit, and in turn they seemed to help me.” He looks out at the greenery around. “It was getting pretty dire there. My subjects are gone, locked away as it were. Now this is my Kingdom alone, but I’m not sure if it’s better or worse.”

He glances at you, “I’m glad you’re back friend. My stompings and stampings only impart so much will upon this world. I wouldn’t dare lower my head to say that I needed help, only imply it in a thoughtful saying that made one feel good in their chest.” He smirked again.

EDIT: I just saw that you put a post in. I’ll say yeah why not I’ll let you do that.

actual post incoming then

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The Proud Ran - Su-Chelev’s Realm

In a flurry of gold and green, Ran is revealed beaming. “My porcine friend, once again you surprise and delight me! I will certainly help you if you need it, and all I will ask of you in return is to journey with me as in the old times, so that we may right wrongs and wrong rights as we do.” His third eye opens wide, rolling in its socket. "Do you wish your subjects back? The prisoners are in need of a public defender, it is true. With our current aid to their gaoler, we should have a strong case for their release."

Ran stroked his chin thoughtfully. "The gods are bickering, Su-Chelev, can you feel it? They are reaching for untapped power, power which will undoubtedly poison them in the process-" The Wise Ran fails to note any irony in his judgement. "-but which may provide us an opportunity! The changeling gods of the Architectural Pantheon seek to use that power for themselves, and Our Lady of Druids and Dungeons seeks to distribute it to the mortal races. As a defender of the downtrodden I find compelled to help her, but with godly measure and countermeasure, one cannot be sure of how things will turn out. GRUMBOL has turned the dials and may feel regret, if his kind can."

Su-Chelev looks confused at this description. Ran quickly slaps his side and laughs. "I am sorry to bore you with the goings-on of gods, my dear! In essence, you and I will need to travel to the Prison Plane in order to help, which should be safe no matter what happens in this realm. Hopefully." The great boar nods gravely. "Will you then accompany me, sweet one?"

Asking Su-Chelev what specific help he needs, guessing its freeing his "subjects" from the prison. Offering help in exchange for him returning to being Ran's trusty mount.

a fatguy baldspot fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 2, 2018

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

Everyone Part 1
A ticking at the edge of your senses and rises to a sort of bwaaaaaa bass note that hits your cores in the midst of your activities; the limits of your divine energies manifest though not independently, but as if the individual actions were guided…

With so much at stake this round, it is even worse that it is a WEAKNESS round! Just to clarify, a hidden system is working continuously to trigger these, and in the same way I’m cool with everyone adding detail as needed for their action, I’m very cool with triggering the weaknesses with as much added detail as needed! The power! Good news is everyone has a banked +2 that they can spend on a future roll.

3 Turns until Ivory Lands Shakes Apart
5 Turns until every mortal is within Arionhod’s Prison

Xeuna – Academy

The conference unfortunately ended in turmoil; the greatest minds that all the races could send where there. Many were the Chosen Dreamers of their cultures due to their out of the box thinking. The Dream Dog pack was there, happily waiting for good news. The New Humans, centaurs, mutants, the Flat People, snakemen, frogmen; the knowledge was shared but most people were terrified to leave their houses. You notice over half the seats were empty; but still you press on, the debates and information turning as you try to point out the inaccuracies of the levels of threat; you lose the crowd in your persistence. The types that would attend things thing worship as you would intend, using science and arts to carry themselves but they have a growing anger and frustration at so many of their peers and loved ones being whisked away to the Prison.

The conference quickly turns from thwarting the shattering to yelling and shaking fists/hooves/shadows.

No go, but the seeds of revolution have become sewn. Sown? Sone?

Akkri Sen Tav + Ran

You cleave bits and pieces here off the mountains, then find yourself before the tallest mountain, mightily seated within the Dreamlands, a glowing Orb ontop of it. The orb, as you can see, is weighted heavily with mystical energies. A tiny Ran sits on your shoulder, assisting your every efford. But he sputters, accidentally remembering some series of words he had just spoke that could cause an offense in some realms; his constant apologies and bows and extremely kind pats on the shoulder during all of this are incredibly distracting and as your blade swings you know it will not be a clean swipe; you could stop this, but this would be failure. There was no other approach.

The sword cuts through the orb, glancing painfully off the side of the mountain; the orange vapor inside like a small sun exploding.

We’re gonna call it enough to delay it for a turn, but now this thing which is Probably Bad has happened.

GRUMBOL + Avtotar + Dunrandin + Maldrogo + Arionhod + Ogoria + Maldrogo + Haamu

An extremely quick power struggle happens once the Pantheon source is interacted with; GRUMBOL surges with power, but his form shimmers and twists directly interacting with the power, bats and other creatures fluttering around and slapping things. Still, he seems to hold the upper hand against the tide with Avtotar’s healing, Avtotar himself nearly drooling with the ultimate power he can hold; Avtotar himself digging deep into the well and affecting his healing abilities. Dunrandin stands beside them in silence, eerily still. He certainly looks ominous with the flashing eldritch lightning around them all, but otherwise does not appear to be helping very effectively. For clarity bonuses from the same pantheon do not stack.

Haamu warps the space around Maldrago, tempting his thoughts with visions and wonders, Ogoria’s cacaphony banging around him; Maldrogo’s concentration barely holds, swatting Haamu’s misty vision away from himself; he keeps working to bend everything he can to his will against Arionhod’s efforts, though he is held back by fear, a skittishness; this is about as direct a confrontation as he could stand, and he feels the sweat on his brow, the anxiousness and flight building, but ultimately Arionhod’s efforts get away from him with Ogoria’s witchcraft, Ogoria herself distracted by the lifetime of demon infighting, the fight alongside Arionhod getting too personal and keeping her from maximum effect.

The fauna of the mithril mines start to dig deep; Arionhod making careless mistakes in the face of stopping someone from doing something for their greater good; still the fauna are urged by her into the Pantheon streams to grow and abandon their way of life for another. With horror, the creatures begin to gorge themselves; curiously the third is missing its force, and the second soon slurped up by the efforts of the Architects of fate. (There is a distinct straw slurping sound as this happens).

The Ivory Tower

A pleasant and happy Hroon reaches up and pulls the levers in an adorable fashion, tooting his horn while smiling.

The Pantheon Storage Unit/SDHI/Prison

https://youtu.be/zha1tYGnAC8?t=4

The creatures howl as they pop and groan under the strain of the divine energy; many do not survive the process. Then, the towers abilities hit the area; ( These switches are basically not intended as a means to hurt divine life...but everything else is fair game especially the primordial soup thats being created here); Arionhod and Ogoria are blasted clear from the area; massive volcanoes erupt up out of the ground spraying magma everywhere and the land itself becomes tainted and cracked.

Among the fauna, the divine pantheon energy that is the strongest among them manifest in the strongest, and they greedily soak up the fire and evil flavors about them, gorging themselves on the energy laying about.

They stand, transformed, grinning (as some are able).

You All Sense Divine Connections To:

Globl, Demon God of Leeches

Harg, Demon Goddes of Fish

Gruk, Demon God of Frogs

Hass, Demon God of Slugs

Kaltu, Demon God of Mosses

They all hoot and holler, and generally seem to be having an extremely good time. They approach Ogoria and Arionhod, both rising to their feet. The Pantheon Storage Unit is no more; it seems unclear how you ended up from where you were at to where you are at now; lava flows around you; SDHI is standing, as is the prison, but it seems that many of those in the prison have changed.

“Godlings,” chuckles Hass, slurping with each word. “What is it you seek?”
Harg burbles, “Revengshhh? Yeshhh?” bubbles and water spilling out of its gills.

Gruk burps, “We offer all power, unstoppable power, as a gift.” Kaltu shuffles closer, and turns, an extremely ominous pit opening beside him. This does not look safe, and there are alot of screams and other sounds coming from within the pit. “The Pit grants everlasting power, if one can make it out of it,” he chuckles. Blobl murmurs, “Thank you for this, we should repay you.”

Okay some things here. First off, nobody go into the pit. Second, SDHI and the Prison still stand, though in the middle of the volcano planet from Revenge of the Sith basically. Third, there’s alot of new gods. Fourth, no new pantheons can be formed. Fifth, the Architects of Fate get another +2 Domain of another choice (that they must vote together on). The fauna that the Demon Gods serve over are all demigods and are creepy little demonlings that match the type that they serve. Many of the people within the Prison are now Demigods. Lastly, a fundamental rule of the game has changed, but I’m not gonna say what it is until it happens. Dun dunnnn!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Dunrandin - The Ivory Tower

Though he felt that he had contributed little, Dunrandin was nevertheless pleased with with the results. The ragged yellow silks he wore quivered with barely contained excitement, the first emotion he had truly felt in eons. There was a Choice to be made with this power, a Choice that would solidify was the Pantheon was about. Though he was a God of Laws, he had accepted the Change inherent in the Pantheon for Laws change as they are needed. GRUMBOL was a being of destruction, and Avtotar that of Healing, and thus change was with them as well. And so, through divine Destruction, was the world Healed and the word of Law mended, producing Change and finally Creating something new. Yes, that was choice needed here.

"Brothers," Dunrandin said in the eerily hollow voice of his, "The three of us together can Create great things. Let us channel this power of ours into something that will benefit all. Though our grab for power was pure naked ambition, that does not make us destroyers or ravagers. No, from our combined wills let us bring forth mighty Creations, even moreso than the pitiful mortals that currently scurry below."

The universe twitches, as though rejecting the creature that passes through it, and he appears before Maldrogo. "And you, silver-tongued merchant, you have helped defend what is mine and ours. Thus, with the approval of my brothers, I do ask that you join in our chorus of Change and Creation." Dunrandin extends a hand wrapped in silks that rapidly unravel, exposing the pale flesh beneath. "Join us."

Proposing that the Pantheon adopt Creation +2 as the new power and inviting Maldrogo to join us. Actual godly action to happen after.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Maldrago-The Ivory Tower

Maldrago smiles. "I'm unworthy of the honor, oh great one! Still, if you will be so kind as to accept me, I will gladly join you." He reaches out his hand, and clasps the law god's, hoping the other doesn't notice the dagger concealed in his sleeve.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
GRUMBOL, the Tower

The weakening showed that the interference source continued even with his servant's attempts to turn the short sided goddess and her helpers from their purpose. The payout wasn't what he would have wanted, but there was some grim satisfaction that no one got entirely what they wanted. Frowning, he felt more than saw what his "betters" in the pantheon had chosen. Smashing his fist into a newly constructed column in rage, the Buggs and Hroon scattered from GRUMBOL's wrath. <"WHY!?"> He demanded. <"After all of this struggle? You cuckhold me? I look the fool! Impotent!"> He passes the next decision without even examining it, allowing Maldrogo in (if wanted) for GRUMBOL no longer cared at this moment. <"THIS IS A MISTAKE!"> he, GRUMBOL rumbled darkly. Smashing things on his way to some distant area within the tower to brood. A childish antic for a being that espoused how much better and clever he was than others.

Ok, outvoted but I'll agree to get along even though this is an IC smack in GRUMBOL's face! Giving vote while there is 3 of us to be unanimous OOC for the domain as I doubt GRUMBOL will win the argument and just drag things out in thread. Votes to let Maldrogo in without examining probably what this will mean. GRUMBOL is taking time to throw a fit. I'll say well played within the pantheon as this is definitely not what GRUMBOL would have wanted. At. all. :argh:
-=Taking no actions. Yet.=-

• Followers:
    • Ranok-La: Demigod
      Divine Custodians: Buggs, Hroon
  • Special:
    • Divine Bridge Bonus: As defined by Banana Man
  • Abilities:
    • Destruction [+4], Personal
    • Change [+3], Pantheon
    • Creation [+2], Pantheon
    • [+2], one time use

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 2, 2018

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
Ogoria Azul - Some Random Takeout Place

Well, that was stupid. Resorting to genocide at the first sign of defiance was one of those signs. Not even Mixi did that, and she once kicked a puppy for "not showing her proper deference". The little Sabina-voice ("Where was that dumb crusader anyway?" Ogoria thinks to herself. "Probably suplexing something or eating takeout.") in her head starts whispering as the demon gods address her. Not quite the same construction as her, but the same basic principle. Beings of paradoxic law, beings that tear down the system by making a mockery of it. Weird cousins that call when someone wins the lottery or dies, basically.

"Hold those thoughts, demon-pack. I gotta get takeout and buy some drugs."

Takeout wasn't hard, there's always takeout at Skinny Dicks. It's not even that bad except for the live rat she finds in one forkful. (She eats it anyway) Then she sits for a little while, thinking. Her tail flicks back and forth, blue flames spark across her horns. She grabs a nearby statue and hurls it into a random wall to really get her thinking. If she wanted to take on this...what was their name...GREMLIN?...yeah, this GREMLIN dude, she needed allies, like the gaggle of second string demons she's going to have to. She remembers that purple dude trying to help out her and Ari, and that other demon. Guess that was a place to start. What were there names again? Oh yeah.

"HEY HAAMU! RAN!"

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The Awful Ran - The Prison Plane

The sky above Meat City, purple and roiling, seems to bend inward, disturbingly convex. Strained to the breaking point like a pimple about to pop, it erupts in a shattering of glass and reality. When the citizens of the prison city blink and squint into the darkness, they can make out a massive, looming shape. It is The Tempered Emperor, RAN, the Star-Counter, in all his glory! Under him, straddling the metropolis, is his legendary hog-friend, Su-Chelev. The boar snorts, hurricane winds ruffling the ragged banners of the city and the dizzying greengold robes of his rider. The demon's voice booms out over the city and surrounding prison plains.

"My friends! For too long you have been held here in indefinite detention, but fear not - your public defender has arrived and your cases will now be heard! Your rights will be upheld! Your freedom shall be won!"

With his glorious entrance made, Ran shrinks down in a flash of light to a more manageable size. The mortals and newly minted demigods surround him in curiosity. Ran laces his long-nailed fingers together and bends them, cracking his knuckles in a symphony of snaps. He smiles, his sharpened teeth gleaming. His third eye opens and rolls wildly. He is in his element.

"Form lines, form lines! We will do this the proper way, my friends, and everyone shall be accounted for! Such go the wheels of justice, with deliberate creaks and cracks! Those extant more than ten generations, form there. You who were captured through movement, in a line here. Anyone under the age of majority, gather in the front. Cultists, communes, and guilds, organize your members in five lines depending on your race and star sign. Bakers and barbers, to the back. Lawyers and lovers, to the sides. Coopers and criminals, you know what you've done! Get moving!"

As the masses of Meat City begin to organize, Ran closes all three eyes and appears translucent for a moment. Then in a blink, there are thousands of him, each Ran carrying a clipboard and pencil. In unison, they lick their lips and press lead to paper. The sorting begins.

Sorting and giving everyone trapped in the prison due process with Law [+2], Husbandry [+2] and the bit of stored power [+2]. The goal is to process the prison plane population through a gateway back to the Ivory Lands - leaving only those who wish to stay and the truly guilty still trapped - and legislate an end to the unjust process of accidental mortal imprisonment. Hopefully making it so just moving through the Ivory Lands no longer sends anyone to prison.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The Genteel Ran - Skinny Dick's

With a puff of smoke and a faint smell of paperwork and livestock, the Mighty Ran appears in a much smaller form upon Ogoria's left shoulder. He bows low, swishing miniature robes out of the way, and smiles. "My rowdy dear, delightful to hear from you! I regret not being there in person, so to say, but I am a very little bit busy at the moment. As always, your presence is intoxicating, but from this perspective I must say," he glances down at her muscular shoulder and swoons, almost falling, "Your poise and grace can leave one breathless! Such power! Such strength!" He recovers, but still seems dizzy.

"What do you ask of me, my darling?"

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
GRUMBOL, the Tower

Angry, brooding. Mooding. Crunching on a random Bugg fooding. GRUMBOL sat in the timeless (dungeon/basement/divine bathroom?). Oogalaggaga-lala, plotted his downfall. He cared not. This open universe was a curse, but useful. His own mistakes were history.

He viewed what the demon Ran was accomplishing, something the architects of fate would have wanted to correct. With newfound power and respect, for Ran was doing this act alone GRUMBOL shook himself from melancholy and regret. He would do something to mitigate his chaotic act. For it was a failing, core to his being. <"Ran: your respect for order and law is a key to preserving the world. Though I have but simple tools and have fumbled out of frustration. Allow me to assist you in tearing down the dimensional prison and sending those destined for it back where they belong.">

GRUMBOL shifted focus from withing the tower instance. GRUMBOL would destroy a way into what holds the mortals prisoner, taking care to not unleash anything from the pit. Then help create the auto-return portal with Ran's due process with the powers of creation and change. It was disgusting, touching it. But alluring as well. For it felt...different.

Assisting Ran as described using Destruction [+4] to make the holes in the dimensional prison (not the pit), Change [+3] and Creation [+2]to make the judgment day portals for Ran.

• Followers:
    • Ranok-La: Demigod
      Divine Custodians: Buggs, Hroon
  • Special:
    • Divine Bridge Bonus: As defined by Banana Man
  • Abilities:
    • Destruction [+4], Personal
    • Change [+3], Pantheon
    • Creation [+2], Pantheon
    • [+2], one time use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Maldrago-Prison Plane

With a snap of his fingers, Maldrago appears next to Ran, dressed in a lawyer's robes and wig. "My dear Ran, a low me to assist you in your work. My...new associate is working to get people out of this prison in his own way, but I offer my reason and my tongue."

Assisting Ran. Using Bargain +2 to negotiate settlements and Lies +2 to put together the facts in the most favorable light.