Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Karl
Wounds: 19/19 --- Fortune: 2/2 --- Resolve: 3/3 --- Advantage

"I'm not gonna turn down a drink and a hot meal, if it's offered," Karl says. "It's the best thing about a party. Well, that and the increase in rats afterwards. You'd be surprised how far the buggers will come from to pick at dropped scraps and the like." Karl stares off into the distance, remembering the good old days, before shaking his head and heading towards the ale barrels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Elise Gottfield

Elise looked at Greyleaf and her eyes just about rolled out of her skull. "Chatterbox," she said, she muttered, the brawny lass heading down the way towards Karl.

"Hold your horses, Karl. It-" she looked around the village and was just getting a weird sense from the place. "A party like this'n? Musical and singy and dancey? An' them beasts what came at us didn't come at 'ere?" she looked at Conrad, who she still had by a rope around his waist. "You know anything about this lot?" she asked looking over at the bandit.

If he'd been terrorising the area, might well that he knows more about the settlements here...

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Erika Laut, Busker
Wounds: 12/12 | Fortune: 1/3 | Resolve: 3/3

While the others sit back and bicker over the potential heretical nature of the celebrations and wrack their brains for forgotten knowledge, Erika dives right into the festivities. This is her bread and butter, more or less, and it doesn't take but half a moment before she's matching a group of dancers step for step, drinking with the best of them, and picking at some absolutely delightful roast pork. It's no secret that a brilliant smile and a charm offensive will get you far in life, even moreso when your business relies on the hospitality of others.

A few moments later, she breezes back by the barrels where Karl has found himself and says, "Come on, Karl! Drink! I can't even remember the last time I ran into such a celebration."

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 8:32 AM
@Tricky: 1d100 TN56 Charm = (3) = 3

Erika's 5 DoS and 4 Fellowship bonus (+1 attractive) are multiplied by 5, thanks to public speaking, to successfully charm 50 people throughout the festival.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Friedrich "Honest Freddy"
Wounds: 11/11 --- Fortune: 0/4 --- Resolve: 2/2 --- Coin: 2S 31B

Friedrich makes his way back to the group with a simmering scowl of dissatisfaction, "Right, so whatever this is has drawn yokels from miles around and the place is chock full. That shack over there, we could buy a place under the roof but no rooms, no doors and not somewhere I'd want to put our unfortunate friend over there. Don't know what pull your lord's name will have here, but the last thing I need is one of these types getting charmed by his sob story and slipping away in the night."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Rosamunde Echstein
Wounds 11/11 --Armor 3 (Partial Head) 1 (All) -- Fortune 3/3 -- Resolve 3/3

The man in fine garments immediately stands out to Rosamunde, whose own clothes are perhaps a little too nice for running through the woods at night. Of course, the man stands out in general: he's the only person wearing something more sophisticated than a wolf hide. She starts making her way over in the hopes of introducing herself to the two men. Presumably the fellow with the wolf was some kind of elder who might be able to explain just what was going on.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Grayleaf

The wizard continues to grimace as he wanders into the town on the tails of the lady with the rapier. In the back of his mind, Greyleaf wondered if he should make a more serious effort to learn the names of his new travelling companions, but the sight of a hairy peasant performing a stomping dance au natural jars his thought processes. He grits his teeth, moving just a little bit faster to try to reach the foppish gentleman.

"Greetings and salutations, gentlemen!" Grayleaf raises his voice as they near the pair, affecting the best smile he can. "I am Grayleaf, wizard of the wilds. Your ceremonies caught my eye and the eyes of my cohorts as well; pray tell, what is the cause for celebration? I am unlearned in your.." There is a brief but all too visible struggle for a suitable and inoffensive term. ".. charming ways, due to my studies and seclusion. It would be a delight to learn more of your town and its ways, and that pork smells absolutely HEAVENLY!"

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Shadows over the Reikland - Größtenloch Festival

Elise’s insistent inquiry draws only a shrug from Conrad, bound still in her care; approaching the festivities, Karl is the recipient of a few curious looks from men and women apparently surprised to find a dwarf in their company—to say nothing of the glances Grayleaf garners in turn. An elf? A wizardly elf? Murmurs, mutters, exchanged looks—but already Erika has flitted her way around the crowd and come with a mug of fragrant ale and a portion of pork for her merry glad-handing.

Upon their approach, Rosamunde and Grayleaf find the muddied but well-dressed man looking equal parts relieved and put-out. “Please tell me that you’re here to relieve me of this ruffian rabble-rousing.” He proffers promptly to Rosamunde; the wolf-draped man wrinkles his nose at the exchange, his own expression set and sour. "The wretched rains have seemingly stranded me--carriage service nowhere to be seen." He fumes aloud.

“A great boar has given us the gift of its meat!” A bawdy villager declares to Grayleaf—the man wearing little more than a muddy pair of linen trousers as his feet track through the mud. “Drink with us!” He insists, thrusting a frothy wooden mug towards the elf’s chest. Conrad’s appearance at the periphery in Elise’s care draws more curious looks, some more lingering than before as a few faces seem to recognize the bound outlaw for who he is.

From the closer vantage, though a great deal has been cooked and carved—the bonfire did appear to host a great spit upon which a most enormous boar had been turned. Among the rest of the spread are belatedly spied beets, potatoes and radishes along served together with turnips and barley in a stew.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sister Thekla

Thekla raises a fist in greeting to the wolf-clad man. "The carriage services aren't the best out here, brother." She glancs over at the naked villagers, then back at the man. "What brings you to this...whatever the hell it is? I didn't expect to see another Ulrican anywhere that didn't have a temple."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Elise Gottfield

Elise looked at Conrad. He seemed a little pathetic and not especially talkative which, given the gag, made a lot of sense. She slowly reached a hand up to his face. "Steady there," she muttered, tugging at the band of fabric he'd had over his mouth. "I'm gonna take this aff ya to see if there's a drink 'r something tae eat. If you start making a ruckus or a scene I'll see about getting my knee buried in your nethers so deep you'll get two new lumps either side of your adam's apple."

She tugged the gag off his mouth .

"Drink?"

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Freddy subtly palms his dagger, watching the Wolf as the gag is removed. One doesn't get to be a bandit leader of renown without having a whole bag full of wily tricks and dangerous games. After the bandit has a drink and time to stretch his mouth he'll decide to try and let him wag his tongue in a useful manner,

"So Conrad, know anything about those beasts back there? Seems like this is somewhat in your turf. Can't hurt your chances if you know something, killing goats is a quick way to wipe a slate clean I hear."

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Sister Thekla is given a greeting in kind before the braw man offers a curt snort of amusement at her question. “Plenty of lost pups out here in the Reikwald in need of motivation—most of the lot just don’t know it yet.” He intones, folding his arms across his chest. “This your congregation?” Nodding towards Thekla’s companions, the man raises a wary brow.

Elise gets a meaningful look from Conrad before he nods in acquiescence. “Please.” He entreats the scholar at her offer before turning his attention to Friedrich. Given an opportunity to speak, Conrad flashes a wry smile at the man. “It’d be good to give my side of things, but so it goes.” He offers first, craning to cast a glance towards the Reikwald’s shaded periphery.

Lowering his tone, Conrad fixes Friedrich with a steady expression. “I’ll tell you this, though: Graf Sterlich von Bruner’s got a great deal of foulness bubbling up in his back yard—and thanks to your lot, there’s fewer lads to take the blade to them now.” He makes a face at that, shaking his head slowly.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sister Thekla

"Something like that. Traveling companions, some friends." Thekla shrugs. "I'm on pilgrimage right now, and they either need my strength or are strong enough to be worth considering. This one's yours?" She glances at the well-dressed man.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Elise Gottfield

Elise grabs the waterskin from her side and brings it up to Conrad's lips. She looks over at Friedrich and then at Conrad, a stern expression crossing her features. She pulled the waterskin from his lips and sniffed. "Let's be hearin' it, then," she said. She'd seen Beastmen in the Reikwald; didn't seem right, and now there was a man saying there was foulness bubbling up like a rupture in a sceptic tank?

Aye. Sounded about right.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

"So what are you saying friend? Negligence or something a bit more... proactive?"

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Nodding to Sister Thekla, the brawny fellow looses a chesty guffaw. “This one came nipping at my heels from the sour shadows of the wood.” He snorts, eyes shining with merriment behind the rough veneer of his weathered features. “Brother Brahm.” He offers to the priestess along with a well-calloused hand. Beside him, the put-out nobleman lifts his chin. “I am Stefan Krantz.” He chimes in.

Conrad wipes the back of a hand against his lips as his gaze flits from Elise to Friedrich and back again. “Well, you’ll here naught but good tidings for his benevolent lordship from the moneyed folk,” He offers with a wry smirk, “So long as he keeps the common lot like us content enough. But I’ve got many an eye and ear in the Reikwald—and further north in those posh heights of theirs. And as they tell it, we’ve a court who entertains masquerades away from prying eyes to indulge the ‘finer things.’”

Pausing as a shirtless man smeared with mud meanders by, Conrad returns his attention to the pair again. “The Graf’s already had good men and women made scarce—I have it on good authority. Been having his magistrates turn a blind eye on more than one occasion, to boot.” He sniffs once, airily, before shaking his head. “So if you ask me, this beastly lot in the wood? Well, they must be following after whatever company the Graf’s been keeping.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Elise Gottfield

"You 'ave killed people though, ain'tcha?" asked Elise, folding her arms. "Like you've gotta 'ave proof of claims like that for one thin', an they'll say you're a scoundrel and a killer and a thief an' I have a feelin' they're not lying about any of that." She cleared her throat.

"I'm not a judge of character, scatty as you like I am, but even I can tell you're a right hard bastard about some things. You got proof of your claims that outweighs the charges laid against you? 'ere some big claims on both sides an big claims need big backing up."