Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

Sal, are you still around? We might as well bus and see if we can salvage something in a day.

Well, umm...

That happened :v: .

I am also very much in the boat of "I am willing to overlook a lot of poo poo, but god drat" If Sal is indeed scum with you, I feel so bad for him...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
You know what, gently caress it. Yes. I am scum and so is Sal. I was supposed to send the message to him on Discord so that we could quickly vote off B- and set town down by one and then capitalize off Kitiara and ASF's inactivity to try and put the target on them. If you wanna vote off a scum, vote Sal and I cause I'm so sick of this loving game right now.

##vote Sal

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I've already hosed up the game enough that I've revealed myself and Sal, but I'm not gonna reveal the third person because might as well give them a loving chance. I can't believe I made such a loving stupid mistake like that. gently caress me.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

you know what, I'll make things easier

##vote jimmydalad

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This is the stupidest thing I've ever been a part of in Mafia.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Jimmy mistakes happen but you throwing me under the bus like this is absurd. I am not scum, jimmy is full of poo poo.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
What even is this game.

I mean its pretty obvious it's sal jimmy and binus.

But W H A T ?

Lol.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I am so loving furious at Jimmy right now for this bullshit.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

SalTheBard posted:

I am so loving furious at Jimmy right now for this bullshit.

I would be too.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I mean obviously my dudes free lynch b- and then jimmy.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CapitalistPig posted:

I mean obviously my dudes free lynch b- and then jimmy.

##vote b-

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##vote jimmy

This is absurd in every way and I hope to never play mafia with you again.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

##vote jimmy

This is absurd in every way and I hope to never play mafia with you again.

Omg the game is over. Don't get loving mad at me about it man.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
If you are going to flame out that's fine, I've done that before, but this is awful. So yeah going to go ahead and move on with this game before I say something I really regret.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

What is awful? That I ruined the game? Like it wasn't bloody obvious what happened when I hosed up? Like we've been found out. Might as well stop playing this stupid loving charade. Jesus, what's your problem?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

jimmydalad posted:

Omg the game is over. Don't get loving mad at me about it man.

I mean yeah it was a slip but it would have been better to just roll with your explanation instead of confirming it. Lie till the end friend.

It's cool. It's your first time as scum and mistakes were made.

Dal i get why you are upset and rightfully so. But you know. Mistakes can be learned from ;)

I'm pretty sure b- just got hammered so ##vote jimmy just in case we have to play this out.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

jimmydalad posted:

What is awful? That I ruined the game? Like it wasn't bloody obvious what happened when I hosed up? Like we've been found out. Might as well stop playing this stupid loving charade. Jesus, what's your problem?

His problem is that while it was a mistake you could at least have tried. Instead you exploded and burned the game down.

Sal has every right to be upset by that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
If any of you believe this bullshit loving vote me out.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

His problem is that while it was a mistake you could at least have tried. Instead you exploded and burned the game down.

Sal has every right to be upset by that.

Ugh, you have a point. gently caress. I'm just so loving frustrated by how I hosed up. Like sorry everyone for loving up :(. This was turning into a super fun game as well and I was really enjoying being mafia and then I hosed it up for everyone.

Sorry Sal :(

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

gently caress gently caress gently caress. I can't believe this is happening. Fuccccckkkk T-T

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

jimmydalad posted:

Ugh, you have a point. gently caress. I'm just so loving frustrated by how I hosed up. Like sorry everyone for loving up :(. This was turning into a super fun game as well and I was really enjoying being mafia and then I hosed it up for everyone.

Sorry Sal :(

I am really loving mad at you and going to step away from this thread to cool off. You made a mistake and it happens.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Whoa

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

##vote jimmy

Cause wow kind if a formality now I guess.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
oh jeeze. If jimmy doens't flip scum LOLOL.

Jimmy you could have played through this. Part of the game is having nerves of steel. Sometimes people won't follow through on stuff like this, because unlike scum, town are unsure of anything.

##unvote
##vote Jimmy

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Wait wait

FREE LUNCH.

##unvote

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

never mind, I hammered by accident.

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

jimmydalad (4): jimmydalad, SalTheBard, CapitalistPig, A Sometimes Food, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
b-minus1 (1): CapitalistPig, Toalpaz, Dancer, jimmydalad, jimmydalad, SalTheBard, SalTheBard, CapitalistPig, Toalpaz
CapitalistPig (0): A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food
SalTheBard (0): jimmydalad, jimmydalad

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, hambeet, Kitiara, Toalpaz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 03rd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Meghan has finally done it. She's written what seems like a passable draft. With a shaky hand she clicks to send the email to her committee. It's 11pm and she finally leaves school. The buses have long stopped running, so she takes the long, dark walk home.

She has a fitful night of sleep, and is awakened by a notification sound. Her committee has gotten back to her about her draft. Her heart sinks as they tear it apart and ask her to rewrite most of it and send them a new draft by the end of the day.

However, there's a bit of a silver lining. One of her committee members...doesn't hate it? He calls her analysis good and praises her connection to the literature. He says that she can make whatever changes she needs to for them but he is satisfied. The knot in her stomach loosens slightly as she steps into the shower and prepares to head back to campus for the day.

jimmydalad, Third Committee Member, Scum-aligned 1-shot Nexus/Ninja was placated D3.

It is now N3.

The following people remain ON NOTICE:

A Sometimes Food
Toalpaz
SalTheBard
Dancer
b-minus1

Because the day ended more than 24 hours early, nobody is freely lynchable tomorrow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Meghan arrives back on campus, bleary eyed but determined. She was going to make her committee happy, she had to. Ugh, she needed some coffee. Approaching the kitchenette near her office she runs into a positively bubbly person making a hot chocolate? At 8am? They're talking on the phone to some unknown person. Meghan tries not to listen while her coffee percolates, but their enthusiasm fills the room.

"I mean, I know the program is supposed to take 4 years, but I was able to move some courses around and get those out of the way in the first year. You can do a lot if you multitask. Then I was doing all my research inside the university, so it's just as fast as I could work, really. It's not that hard. I think I'll get done in 2 years? Maybe 2.5 if something goes wrong haha, but it shouldn't be too bad!"

Meghan hates them and pushes away her desire to dump her drink on their head. She heads back to her desk exactly as she left it only a few hours ago, and sits down.

Dancer, Quick Completer, Town-aligned Preemptive Tracker narrowly avoided getting scalded N3.

It is now D4.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): A Sometimes Food, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, hambeet, Kitiara, SalTheBard, Toalpaz

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 05th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 14 hours.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote sal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

or b- or whatever

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

while that was an amazing read to wake up to this morning, i was a bit miffed that i missed out on seeing it live

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I dunno it was mostly just painful to read. Stupid empathy.

Anyway ##vote Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Toalpaz posted:

##vote sal

You really think I'm scum after that bullshit? Jimmy was trying to drag me down with him because it's better for scum. Would scum willingly give up scum like that?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

You really think I'm scum after that bullshit? Jimmy was trying to drag me down with him because it's better for scum. Would scum willingly give up scum like that?

You and Jimmy weren't under the spotlight at all. It was b-'s imminent lunch who prompted Jimmy's mistake. So it's likely that Jimmy was honestly trying to press that discord send button and hit reply to post instead.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hi. I’m alive?

Need some time to get caught up. Havent read a single post in the last 24+ hours

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Incorrect.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

Hi. I’m alive?

Need some time to get caught up. Havent read a single post in the last 24+ hours

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

hambeet posted:

while that was an amazing read to wake up to this morning, i was a bit miffed that i missed out on seeing it live

I know, right? I saw that the thread was closed and I was so annoyed with myself for not being up earlier and then I started reading and I got even more annoyed with myself. That was great. I still can’t believe it was real!

We really needed it too. I didn’t suspect Jimmy at all, and I was so sure Sal was town! And then Jimmy got all “hey Sal, come here so we can kill him” 😂

• Locked thread