Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Yeah, I'm a dullard pleb but I can pretend

:science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Bump - FFT just ended. fill this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*looks approachable, studious and knowledeable - jots notes furiously*

"Deer diarrhee, i hav nut ben fund owlt. Al mey tiem en acuhdemonia, i hav ben en theseguys rear end uh vreesirchuh, I fore eh mey bee en trubble dis yeuh hoevur, ey kep deeleyuhn mah defunz, butt ey mey bee en trubble"

"Good evening madam or sir, would you be interested in participating in a paid research study."

*gestures towards room filled with silly string, cheese whiz and instant potatoes*

"It's a.... uh.... a... science study on the uh... effects of... the hypothelema algonquinitis in the uh... gonorrhific borealic area of the uh... the uh... anterior exobrain."

*confident smile*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Easy peasy toal and solus scumclaimed.

Bag em, tag em, cover them in cheese whiz and confetti.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*emerges from "research" covered in animal furs, glitter and human tears*

"I need more participants for this research study, sorry it has taken so much of my time"

*door creaks open to active debauchery.*

*quickly shuts door with foot*

"So who wants to part- err... volunteer for this paid research study"

"Oh, a vote you say? Kashuno is attending.... hmmm.... toal is being weird..... hmmmm"

"Ask me again after more research, feel free to join us"

*creeps back into door as strobe lights and smoke spill out*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jimmydalad posted:

Wait, there was an effort to get AA out today? I thought it was Flerp and B- that we’re getting flak? :psyduck:

"He must have drank some of my experimental 'tonic'... he'll never be the same, my condolences."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

Can you tell us more about your experiments?

'O no, thuh juhreddit moemint hav uhreyeved...'

(imagines escape scenario)
"S-sure... if you'll step right into this room."

*clubs overhead - covers in cheeze whiz and confetti - escapes through window*

'that wud nevur werk...'

"Why, yes sir... these experiments... they seek to revolutionize the way professional non-professionals evaluate the normative conclusions of paradoxical hyperbole. By evaluating the compression ratio of the hypothalamus during the cretaceous asphyxiation.

Now once the compression ratio has been established, me and my team of colleagues isolate out free radical radioactive isotopes from the inner anus using an extraction method that can only be described as immensely painful, but life improving.

This leads way to the third, and perhaps most crucial part of the research, the ingestion of this tonic that has been brewed from columbian woodbark and mixed with acetone derivatives to simulate the simulacrum of our holographic existence.

IF you don't go insane... you proceed to the fourth and final part of my research study. $20.00 and a coupon for a free dessert at T.G.I.Fridays.

Lastly, your part is done, I document it in my dissertation which is currently 743 pages with several addenda for revision. Interested?"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
"I get that the school of freeform interdisciplinary studies is a bit vague and unspecified, but I believe my work on metabolic transfiguration pyschoanalysis will really change the world.

Don't be so intimidated, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SolusLunes posted:

I feel like you're dropping breadcrumbs all over the place but I'm not picking up what you're laying down

it's inscrutable, is what I'm sayin'

"What are you... some type of pigeon man?"

*chuckles, and then grows wary*

"...y-you're not are you?"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

flerp (3): hambeet, SalTheBard, CapitalistPig, SalTheBard, Kashuno
b-minus1 (2): SalTheBard, SalTheBard, Toalpaz, Dancer
Toalpaz (2): Kitiara, SolusLunes, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Kitiara, A Sometimes Food
SalTheBard (1): flerp
Kashuno (1): b-minus1
CapitalistPig (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
SolusLunes (0): A Sometimes Food, A Sometimes Food

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, jimmydalad, Kitiara, SalTheBard

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 25th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 38 minutes.

Ah didn't realize deadline was today.

Who should I vote and why. I'm wrapping up phase one of my final research study and I haven't paid close attention. My apologies.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

everyone goes zzz day 1 and then apathy votes vote leader

It is tradition, sorry old chap. I'm sure you are ready for your defense.

##vote flerp

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

:redhammer::redhammer::redhammer::redhammer:
die flerp

Grad school has made some of you murderous

:ohdear:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015