Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

whats the worst scroll of acquirement youve gotten?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
+0 Hat :smith:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:same:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Did... did you have a hat before?

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Did... did you have a hat before?

No, is this a thing?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I once got an AF +1 chainmail with rC+ and something like int-5 str-5 tele*. This was when stat death still existed so there was just no way I could risk forgetting to breathe unfortunately.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Kerbtree posted:

No, is this a thing?

I've only briefly looked at the acquirement code but I think if you have absolutely zero headgear, but can use some, that it could spit out an unenchanted hat.

e:

Crawl wiki circa 0.21 posted:

If you select "Armour", you might occasionally get a mundane, potentially negatively-enchanted item to fill an empty slot. These 'slot-filling acquirements' only ever replace completely mundane acquirement items. Thus, your chance of getting a 'bad' armour acquirement is not increased by having empty slots.

so it could have been worse - you could have gotten a -1 hat!

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Sep 9, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I always wonder how interprete that kind of enchantment. It's a fedora that is subtly cursed to make you bump your head on low-hanging stalactites slightly more often than the average, I suppose?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's a Cubs baseball cap.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Yeah, it says something like Female Body Inspector and encourages the monsters to hit you slightly harder.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I have the most powerful character I've ever played going right now. Maxed resists, maxed GDS, +9 holy Executioner's axe (and the same in antimagic), Silence, Deflect Missiles, and I'm working on Controlled Blink. Can't decide if I want to ascend. I am doing tomb right now and its piss easy because of silence (tomb easy, I know, right?). Might go grind in Pan to get all the magic I need and gently caress with zigs. Will have Darkness online soon too.

E: lol I'm dumb darkness doesn't work with TSO. I suppose I could go Makhleb though...

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 11, 2020

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Cleared one zig. Died in the second. Second zigs don't gently caress around at allllllll.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is there any sort of log of major changes in Gooncrawl and how it has diverged from mainline?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

Is there any sort of log of major changes in Gooncrawl and how it has diverged from mainline?

https://github.com/Floodkiller/crawl/blob/gooncrawl/crawl-ref/docs/gooncrawl/changelog.txt

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
After splatting literally hundreds of these, I have achieved my ultimate goal: a 15-rune Skeleton Chaos Knight

The shield of the gong is CRAZY strong if you can handle the downside of alerting every mob in the entire floor to your location every time you block.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I got abyssed by a zot trap in a d5 ossuary, and I'm reasonably irate about this. Since when could ossuaries spawn zot traps?

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Einwand posted:

I got abyssed by a zot trap in a d5 ossuary, and I'm reasonably irate about this. Since when could ossuaries spawn zot traps?

Whoa that'd be a nasty surprise. I don't think it's ever happened to me. Do zot traps scale or could you have been hit with the same level of disaster as if you stepped on one in Zot:5 too?

Mousus
Apr 9, 2009
Having some fun with gooncrawl archaeologists. Currently in the middle of a run where I started with Hellfire, which I think is the only time ammo has been an actually genuinely interesting factor in the game at any point of me playing crawl (having done vaults I suspect I could now only use Hellfire for the rest of the game and only end up a bit scared at the end).

Trying to make up my mind between 3 reasonable seeming god options as a Formicid having just finished the first 4 floors of Vaults:
Just stick with Okawaru, returning bolts make life so much less tedious, means I don't have to go through god wrath.
Permanently switch to TSO after doing all of the branches he doesn't help with (including Zot), gives me heal on kill for everything, prevents necromutation if I actually find it, most upsettingly makes me give up Hellfire which is a lot of fun with portal projectile.
Put on an amulet of faith and do Crypt + as little else as I can with TSO to get myself a lovely Holy Wrath Triple Crossbow then switch back to Oka. Downside of this plan is that I'm going through god wrath for a single weapon brand but a finessed holy wrath triple crossbow pretty much feels like a lifegoal for deleting pan lords.

Pledged justice so the standard just take the win options aren't there even if I changed my mind. Haven't found anything with a decent amount of rN+ on it which is the main reason why option 2 is tempting though I really don't want to give up Hellfire as smite targeted damnation is awesome. I would be confident of being able to deal with Okawaru wrath on a character that felt this strong that could blink but as a Formicid I am just a tiny bit nervous that I will be awkwardly surrounded at some point when low on health and unable to bug out.

Morgue:
https://crawl.kelbi.org/crawl/morgue/Mousus6/Mousus6.txt

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

So this link is for ASCII, not tiles. Is there one for tiles? Or can I make it tiles easily?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Jedi425 posted:

So this link is for ASCII, not tiles. Is there one for tiles? Or can I make it tiles easily?

Which one are you using? The Windows one always launches in tiles for me by default, and I've never personally used the Linux one so I don't know what that launches

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Floodkiller posted:

Which one are you using? The Windows one always launches in tiles for me by default, and I've never personally used the Linux one so I don't know what that launches

Windows. The zip file doesn't have a tiles folder in it, and just dropping the one from the previous version in doesn't seem to work.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Just tried it and it doesn't open with tiles for me either. It's either a configuration issue or whoever compiled this forgot to set the Tiles=YES flag.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
Why has gnolls been removed?

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Page two with the $ key i think?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Jedi425 posted:

Windows. The zip file doesn't have a tiles folder in it, and just dropping the one from the previous version in doesn't seem to work.

Just checked, it looks like I zipped up only the ASCII zip file and the Tiles zip file never actually built. Here's new links:

Linux (Oct 08, 2020): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_I_a2mm8GtOC2GXWRVJi1VKujFj7SBHr/view?usp=sharing
Windows (Oct 08, 2020): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OPbJFakyEgrGIK98WHVjgB06VhGnDwiS/view?usp=sharing

Cardiovorax posted:

Just tried it and it doesn't open with tiles for me either. It's either a configuration issue or whoever compiled this forgot to set the Tiles=YES flag.

There is no Tiles=YES flag for release builds, it compiles them all together but apparently it didn't last time.

Edit: VVV Try now, Google Drive changed default permissions for uploads when you generate a share link to keep them restricted to only users you specify to share with, had to change that.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 8, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Access denied, lol.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Got 'em. Tiles is loading fine. Thanks. :v:

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

quote:

Aim: Gastronok, wearing a +1 hat of see invisible (lightly wounded, chance to defeat MR: 6%)
Gastronok evaporates and reforms as a shard shrike!
Gastronok claws you! Gastronok freezes you!! You resist.
Purchase which effect?
You fade into invisibility! You feel ready to backstab.
You feel very mighty all of a sudden. You feel clever all of a sudden.
Gastronok screeches!
Gastronok spits a shard of ice at you.
The shard of ice hits you!! You partially resist.
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
Gastronok barely misses you. Gastronok claws you!
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
Gastronok freezes you!! You resist.
You die...
Your body crumbles into a pile of gold.
Two turn KO by Gastronok the 6% polymorph chance shard shrike. That's me up there unaware I was NOT selecting my acid wand and also unaware that shard shrikes can see invisible.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Janissary Hop posted:

Two turn KO by Gastronok the 6% polymorph chance shard shrike. That's me up there unaware I was NOT selecting my acid wand and also unaware that shard shrikes can see invisible.

Maybe the Shrke was still wearing that Hat of See Invisible Gastronok had (or it got melded into it?)

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Monsters drop items that they can't use immediately on polymorph. The point is moot though; shard shrikes inherently see invisible.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Mapgen is having some issues. (this is Blade, for context)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Gastronok is the single worst enemy in the game to polymorph because pretty much everything with a comparable hd is an endgame threat.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Pretty jazzed, I won with four runes today, my first win ever!
pre:
 24471 | Shoals:4 | HP: 7/163 [merfolk javelineer/silver javelin (21)]
This scared the poo poo out of me, I got pinned between two javelineers and didn't have a lot of options (that I was aware of, I probably had something useful). Used two of the few blink scrolls I had to break LOS and retreat. Was really worried I was gonna beef it right there.

Also, considered trying to get a fifth rune with the help of this:
pre:
 47219 | Zot:3    | Identified the +1 leather armour of the Little Devil {rN+++ MR+++ Int-3} (You found it on level 3 of the Realm of Zot)
but decided to be a huge chicken instead.

Hooray for me! I've been trying on and off for a few months now to get a win and I'm pretty jazzed.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hooray for me! I've been trying on and off for a few months now to get a win and I'm pretty jazzed.

As you should be. I'm still jazzed over getting my first win a few weeks ago. Absolutely my greatest gaming accomplishment so far, like climbing a mountain. I'm well aware of how that statement sounds but gently caress, this is the thread for it. I'm happy for you.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Congrats on the wins, folks!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Epsilon Plus posted:

Pretty jazzed, I won with four runes today, my first win ever!
pre:
 24471 | Shoals:4 | HP: 7/163 [merfolk javelineer/silver javelin (21)]
This scared the poo poo out of me, I got pinned between two javelineers and didn't have a lot of options (that I was aware of, I probably had something useful). Used two of the few blink scrolls I had to break LOS and retreat. Was really worried I was gonna beef it right there.

Also, considered trying to get a fifth rune with the help of this:
pre:
 47219 | Zot:3    | Identified the +1 leather armour of the Little Devil {rN+++ MR+++ Int-3} (You found it on level 3 of the Realm of Zot)
but decided to be a huge chicken instead.

The resistances on that armour are nice but I wouldn't want to wear +1 leather on a melee fightman character.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Today's pointless crawl fact: Did you know that sheep can bite for one more damage than wolves? They aren't fast like wolves, though.

(this didn't get me killed or anything, but I happened to notice it while fighting both at once)

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Make it an unrandart that has x% chance to cast Mephitic Cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rko
Jul 12, 2017
So instead of eating rear end, you picked up the rear end that eats