Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I want to take a moment to praise RNGsus because I learned that my voice command for waiting a turn actually had me pressing both . and s in sequence because I was raiding a Bailey with my blaze heart golem and I waited the turn right before it blew up and was knocked down to just two HP. I'm sure you all know that I immediately fixed that in voice attack lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I want to take a moment to praise RNGsus because I learned that my voice command for waiting a turn actually had me pressing both . and s in sequence because I was raiding a Bailey with my blaze heart golem and I waited the turn right before it blew up and was knocked down to just two HP. I'm sure you all know that I immediately fixed that in voice attack lol

I am enjoying reading your voice command escapades.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

this is going to give us the greatest YASD post of all time. i can't wait

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Another possibly helpful macro: Go0\{13} will bring your character to the staircase to enter Orcish Mines. Replace the 'o' with whatever branch you like, or '0' with a specific staircase.

parthenocarpy fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 20, 2024

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

My deep elf hex slinger's reaction to seeing a poisonous snake on dungeon level 2

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Kobold Demonologists on dungeon 5 was a new one for me

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Sounds like a minmay vault to me. Is that even still a thing, ludicrously OOD monsters in vaults by Minmay that aren't locked by runed doors?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Can someone help me with this Kobold Enchanter of Wu Jian Council? I don't know how to win with this combo.

Edit: I found Singing Blade. I find myself not that damaging. Might have something to do with my -2 slay ring. I really would like some more +slay.

Okay apparently one misadventure later I won with 5 runes

Annointed fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 29, 2024

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Decided to play a game in trunk after not playing for quite awhile, all the new spells are cool though there doesn't seem to be a lot of spells that just simply blast a dude from a reasonable distance, though permafrost eruption seemed extremely broken doing high AC piercing undodgable aoe damage. Tried a generic melee ant before this run and died lair-ish and it felt significantly shittier to be melee than in past, while mages have all sorts of fun and effective new toys to play with. Ran into extremely dangerous uniques at the entrance of many of the branches, which I'm assuming was just coincidence.
I will still never forgive them for taking out purple chunks.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 29, 2024

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Merfolk Summoner of Gozag so fun. Distraction with gold and abilittu to just buy everything is so useful. Especially when you can just buy manuals to boost
your magic skills.

That and a copy of Ozocubu's refrigeration meant I can just clear maps with ease while letting my summons in when I need some more muscle. Add in tech like Lee's Rapid Deconstruction to blow up constructs and dispel undead for any liches and the rest is history.

Downside for this run was that I couldn't find a copy of Summon Horrible Things or Dragon's Call.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I have a 4 rune summoner on level 11 of a Zig but cannot find a loving copy of Dragons Call. I do have castable mid power firestorm though.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Annointed posted:

Can someone help me with this Kobold Enchanter of Wu Jian Council? I don't know how to win with this combo.

Edit: I found Singing Blade. I find myself not that damaging. Might have something to do with my -2 slay ring. I really would like some more +slay.

Okay apparently one misadventure later I won with 5 runes

Serpent Lash should carry a high stealth stabbing Kobold easily. Its a very fun build for anyone else who wants to try it. Rampage helps but isn't required. For those who haven't kept up and don't already know: Kobolds have shadow mut that reduces LOS to 4 or 5. A Kobold worshipping Vehumet can have a lot of fun with hailstorm and flame wave .

Armataur now does hp AND mp regen on rampage. Up to max of seven per turn. Run a warper, its so much fun to blink around and receive the same benefits of ambrosia with no confusion

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

parthenocarpy posted:

Serpent Lash should carry a high stealth stabbing Kobold easily. Its a very fun build for anyone else who wants to try it. Rampage helps but isn't required. For those who haven't kept up and don't already know: Kobolds have shadow mut that reduces LOS to 4 or 5. A Kobold worshipping Vehumet can have a lot of fun with hailstorm and flame wave .

get a kobold summoner to a high enough level and they can basically cram half their LOS full of friendlies to run over any poor rear end in a top hat who wanders into the other half

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

EightFlyingCars posted:

get a kobold summoner to a high enough level and they can basically cram half their LOS full of friendlies to run over any poor rear end in a top hat who wanders into the other half

Forget that... I'm going TSO next run. Full LOS holy flame yes please

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I'm sick and feeling crappy today so I'm doing a basic Minotaur berserker for that sweet sweet power fantasy juice. Also thank you for the plus two antimagic bardiche trog but I'm already kind of loving with this plus four freezing spear

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Okay on second thought now that I'm in the orcish mines I take that back I'm very appreciative for the anti-magic

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

I'm already kind of loving with this plus four freezing spear

Ah, the minorly enchanted freezing/flaming spear… how many times have I died stubbornly holding out on switching away from one? One of crawls hardest lessons.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Okay on second thought now that I'm in the orcish mines I take that back I'm very appreciative for the anti-magic

anti-magic is high key one of the best brands in the game. literally laugh right in an orb of fire's face as it keeps trying to malmutate you but trips on a crack in the sidewalk every time

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I uh. I played Spriggan Enchanter. Game Gave me Jivya. 5 runes later and a Discord and now I win. Idk what is going on feels like I'm on a high note in my dcss career. Haven't felt this good since I won with Felid on Web live proving to all 30 people who plah online that I'm good at videogame.

Btw how to set movement speed to slowest follower? I trying out demonspawn necromancer of kikuu. I was told to use Shift T

Edit: wow demonspawn of kiku is trival. I just casually mow down enemies with simulacrums and infestation and haunt. There is not a single enemy in this game that can bog me down when I have a billion bodies.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 1, 2024

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Annointed posted:

I uh. I played Spriggan Enchanter. Game Gave me Jivya. 5 runes later and a Discord and now I win. Idk what is going on feels like I'm on a high note in my dcss career. Haven't felt this good since I won with Felid on Web live proving to all 30 people who plah online that I'm good at videogame.

Btw how to set movement speed to slowest follower? I trying out demonspawn necromancer of kikuu. I was told to use Shift T

Edit: wow demonspawn of kiku is trival. I just casually mow down enemies with simulacrums and infestation and haunt. There is not a single enemy in this game that can bog me down when I have a billion bodies.

I was hyping Discord on Spriggan a while back. Did you use passwall with it? I mean, abuse passwall with it? I don't even remember which god I used because Discord on a Spriggan just wins the game itself

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

parthenocarpy posted:

I was hyping Discord on Spriggan a while back. Did you use passwall with it? I mean, abuse passwall with it? I don't even remember which god I used because Discord on a Spriggan just wins the game itself

Nah I just stood there waiting for the last one remaining so I can use Yara's Violent Unravelling to irradiate them then bop them.

Anyone got a guide on how to beat tomb as Kikuu? I cleared 5 runes but unsure how to go extended with the extended changed 0.29 onwards.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 2, 2024

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Kiku negates or lessens a lot of the troublesome tomb components like death curses and torment already. I keep fog scrolls up to avoid smites or being surrounded by death scarabs and shatter everything.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

parthenocarpy posted:

Kiku negates or lessens a lot of the troublesome tomb components like death curses and torment already. I keep fog scrolls up to avoid smites or being surrounded by death scarabs and shatter everything.

Well. I was able to somehow get to beating Tomb as my 6th rune. I'll be honest mate 0.29 Extended Hell is brutal. Even with max n+ and undead the stat drain is absolute bollocks to deal with.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
For those not aware, CKO will shut down on 4/7. So get in a game or two if you can to send it off, I'll be running everywhere this weekend but if I get some time I'll try to spectate any gooncrawlers.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Okay what the hell is going on? Vehumut is not giving me any spells and the game is deciding it only wants me to have utility spells instead of any things for a blaster caster. How am I supposed to play a caster when the game's best offerings are mystic blast and fulminant prism.

EDIT: Many dead Tengu later I'm just so frustrated. I'm getting pelted by everything and got two shot by Nikola through resist elec.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 14, 2024

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Demonspawn Blood Saints smoked me with Mahkleb invocations during my nearly invincible Oni Ice Elementalist orb run. Majin-Bo (spellvamp) plus polar vortex kept me at maximum health. For a while I used an unrand cloak that gave noise dampening which is a huge pickup for Qazlal. You still have noise but you aren't pulling half the level every time you go downstairs.

IE is still strong. Frozen Ramparts has gone through like seven nerfs and still smacks so hard. Ice Beast is level three now. You don't get hailstorm anymore but who ever used it? Ramparts is almost always usable and you're by default in a good defensive position if you've set it up properly on top of the fact that it hits enemies next to you and has a larger range than Hailstorm oh yeah it hits every turn with no active channeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Nikola is using the new version of chain lightning I think, which like most of the level 9s now mostly ignores resistance, and chain lightning specifically does ungodly high damage within like 2 squares.

Been slowly working through my greater Formicid on the trunk server since its been a long while, lots of interesting/powerful new stuff, and plenty of weird "why did this get added" stuff like Ignis. Most of the fun stuff is restricted to mages though.