Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Yes I have punk and I have now fired it SEVENTY FIVE HUNDRED times before Depths.

I just got portal projectile and now I can use my 16 summoning. So what summoning spells are best for 3 rune game? I just got a servitor with iron shot online but unfortunately I can't find my favorites haunt and dragon's call. I have access to horrible things, malign gateway, monstrous menagerie, and greater demon.

My recollection of these is as follows:
horrible things - makes you stupid (maybe doesn't do this anymore? I don't know someone fix beem or meem)
malign gateway - freaking destroys but you might be dead by the time it decides to start doing anything
monstrous menagerie - owns bones, creates fast flying harpies that chase poo poo down and steal its food
greater demon - likes to summon aggro demons who instantly torment and hellfire you and your other summons

So it sounds like horrible things is the winner here, although I guess Malign Gateway could take out considerable swathes of Depths if I could spare the levels. Any thoughts?

FYI I went in and set the Ar starting stats to 4,4,4 instead of 3,6,3 and gave them 4 ID scrolls. I can't figure out how to do a push request or whatever I have to do so if anyone who's pushed to Gooncrawl wants to refresh me on the procedure that would be swell. I have github running locally and can build commits but at work I use local repos on bitbucket so I'm basically an unfrozen caveman with remote repos. I also primarily code in Python so I've gradually become functionally retarded about doing builds/compiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
whoa big post new page sorry

Anyway while we are all chatting here would anyone bleed blood from their eyes and ears if I disabled Okawaru's ridiculous ally conduct? It seems to mainly function to interrupt your game to let you know that if your sling bullet passes through a frost giant and 2 deep trolls it's going to hit your storm dragon zombie.

It would also make Blade of Disaster usable with allies instead of being a good way to get penance SIX TIMES in a 3 rune game. The best part about BoD is it has a lot of explosions so it doesn't just give you penance it gives you super-DUPER penance. It did kill an OOF deader than traditional christmas though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Johnny Joestar posted:

i vote that skeletons should be unable to pick archaeologist because the very thought of the occupation should be terrifying and profane to a collection of bones
I vote that sounds boring and unfun.

Just got my first Pan rune. Think I might try to go for a full 15, but I'm also tempted to walk the orb in, because I keep dying in extended and it's frustrating.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Malign Gateway is probably the most consistent in thrashing and distrashing everything if you summon it early on in encounters. It's also one of the only summons that can do its thing while out of your line of sight. Horrible Things is also ace if you don't mind the 20% intel drain per cast; up to 2 Tentacled Monstrosities will ruin end game enemies. I never liked Menagerie because it's place was already taken up by Shadow Creatures and only summons 1 beefy boy or up to 3 evasive and unpredictably moving Harpies (if you need a meat wall, it's not a good choice). Greater Demon is a hold out from earlier versions and chance to be hostile immediately is an immediate NO from me.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
When the randart name generator just kind of gives up:

b - the +3 dagger "Thing" {pierce, +Inv rN+ Str+2 Stlth-}

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

the +0 cloak of Disappointment (rN+)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Araganzar posted:

Yes I have punk and I have now fired it SEVENTY FIVE HUNDRED times before Depths.

I just got portal projectile and now I can use my 16 summoning. So what summoning spells are best for 3 rune game? I just got a servitor with iron shot online but unfortunately I can't find my favorites haunt and dragon's call. I have access to horrible things, malign gateway, monstrous menagerie, and greater demon.

My recollection of these is as follows:
horrible things - makes you stupid (maybe doesn't do this anymore? I don't know someone fix beem or meem)
malign gateway - freaking destroys but you might be dead by the time it decides to start doing anything
monstrous menagerie - owns bones, creates fast flying harpies that chase poo poo down and steal its food
greater demon - likes to summon aggro demons who instantly torment and hellfire you and your other summons

So it sounds like horrible things is the winner here, although I guess Malign Gateway could take out considerable swathes of Depths if I could spare the levels. Any thoughts?

FYI I went in and set the Ar starting stats to 4,4,4 instead of 3,6,3 and gave them 4 ID scrolls. I can't figure out how to do a push request or whatever I have to do so if anyone who's pushed to Gooncrawl wants to refresh me on the procedure that would be swell. I have github running locally and can build commits but at work I use local repos on bitbucket so I'm basically an unfrozen caveman with remote repos. I also primarily code in Python so I've gradually become functionally retarded about doing builds/compiles.

horrible things will occasionally drain your int but stat drain clears fast enough with exp that it's not an issue. it's a strong spell, use it lots.

i have seen malign gateway's tentacle solo an OOF. i love this good good door boy and like to use it for monsters of individual scariness, it's harder to use for big group fights because it's just a tentacle man it can only do so much

monstrous menagerie is just a'ight, i honestly don't use it much? maybe i should but i find horrible things to be just fine

greater demon is fine if you keep aura of abjuration up any time you want to use it, so when/if things are hostile they blip out of existence.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Feature request, gyre and gimble with spectral weapon gives you two spectral weapons, one gyre and one gimble.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

FR: Chei grants you immunity to slow. Yes, I'm still banging on about this.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Slow is a temporary blessing from Chei's point of view and you should learn to appreciate it, heretic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Don't you 'heretic' me, I'm taking a Barachi of Chei as my first attempt at a 15-rune. The heretic here is the game mechanic for assuming I'm not already going as slow as Chei wills me to be.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Slow should definitely make slouch stronger if it doesn't already.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Since he appreciates you killing people, the optimal level of slow is quite clearly "still".

I think it should be possible to slow you further but it should also temporarily give you further stat buffs for the duration!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Add Slower and Slowest states for chei worshippers. Remember to haste your enemies for optimal slouch damage. Chei likes it when you move slower in your enemies' reference frames.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
code:
1887112 Haifisch the Slayer (level 27, 178/178 HPs)
             Began as a Vine Stalker Archaeologist on May 4, 2019.
             Was the Champion of Okawaru.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on May 5, 2019!

The game lasted 04:32:29 (58102 turns).
A rare game where you can see

code:
55824 | Zot:5    | HP: 1/176 [Orb Guardian (29)]
And somehow not die.

I had just dealt with two oofs, then this thing was zerked and I was blinking around the lung entrance like an idiot and using butterflies/spiders as meat shields. Good times.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Anyone know if that rare xom vault where he spawns a neutral goblin and says something about friendship does anything unusual to his mood? It's probably just Xom rng but he's been absurdly helpful so far this run, good mutations, a +2 large reflection shield when I was using a large shield already, a scattershot wand when I was fighting a unique in early dungeon and so on.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Einwand posted:

Anyone know if that rare xom vault where he spawns a neutral goblin and says something about friendship does anything unusual to his mood? It's probably just Xom rng but he's been absurdly helpful so far this run, good mutations, a +2 large reflection shield when I was using a large shield already, a scattershot wand when I was fighting a unique in early dungeon and so on.

Xom, the god of confirmation bias.

Ask me about running Depths, Vault 5, Elf 3, Zot, and the orb run with random teleport next to monsters. 30-40 purple eaten and 3 mutation potions and I couldn't get rid of it.

Got shadow armor for a trove while in Zot and finally got useful rings. Malign Gateway and Horrible things with Staff of Wucad Mu pretty much saved my rear end, I got random teleported into both lungs.

Spectator asked in the early game how long Punk would be viable. Here is the answer...
pre:
Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
       Cutlass           |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |    78 ||    78
 Fire: Fustibalus        |       |    62 |   294 |   746 |  1738 |  1992 |  2415 |  1421 |  2106 || 10774

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you get slowed by an enemy as a chei worshipper and you actually care about how fast theyre acting just slow them back

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you dont need slow resistance when you can just drag them to your level

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Anyone have recent experience building on OS X? I downloaded xcode and a local copy of the source code and made some changes, but now that it’s time to compile, I’m getting an error that I’m missing a font — dejavu sans, I think. I’m sure I’ll be able to figure it out tomorrow, but if anyone has experienced this before and knows a quick way to install it, or if there are any other missing dependencies on OS X now, I’d appreciate it!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
There's a mild silly bit in gooncrawl where you can pick up a book, see a scroll of amnesia fall out of it, and then pick up a scroll titled ALK WHABBIT or the like.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZeeToo posted:

There's a mild silly bit in gooncrawl where you can pick up a book, see a scroll of amnesia fall out of it, and then pick up a scroll titled ALK WHABBIT or the like.

Reading the title of the scroll of amnesia immediately makes you forget it's a scroll of amnesia, isn't it obvious?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is it intentional that Lom Lobon doesn't care about silence? Because that nearly got me killed.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

PMush Perfect posted:

Is it intentional that Lom Lobon doesn't care about silence? Because that nearly got me killed.

All demons ignore silence. This is mentioned in their descriptions but it's easy to miss

Silence is still very powerful in extended because mummies don't ignore it

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Wow I hit 5 while doing swamp not realizing I was over deep water and I got this:

pre:
Careful! You are starting to lose your buoyancy.
 You regained 2 hp, and now have 50/109 hp.
_You start resting.
 You can't survive in this terrain! You fly above the water, but the process is
 draining.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
 You feel drained.
_Your spectral weapon fades away.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
_You feel drained.
 You are feeling thirsty.
 You feel drained.
_Your magical contamination has completely faded away.

It drained 6-7 points from all of my skills. Just a thought, maybe not let people hit 5 when emergency flight is kicking or has kicked?

Time to see how far I can get in Swamp with my 2.8 weapon skill....

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Anyone have recent experience building on OS X? I downloaded xcode and a local copy of the source code and made some changes, but now that it’s time to compile, I’m getting an error that I’m missing a font — dejavu sans, I think. I’m sure I’ll be able to figure it out tomorrow, but if anyone has experienced this before and knows a quick way to install it, or if there are any other missing dependencies on OS X now, I’d appreciate it!

Pretty sure you need to Git submodules, or at least it complained about that on Windows. That said I still get a warning about it, but it builds fine so iunno?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Araganzar posted:

Add a force-more for "can't survive in this terrain", I guess?

Oh, by the way?

code:
PoisonMushroom the Conqueror (level 27, 199/199 HPs)
             Began as a Barachi Fighter on May 4, 2019.
             Was the Champion of Cheibriados.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on May 5, 2019!

The game lasted 08:30:57 (101330 turns).

Kelbi Top Scores posted:

1. araganzar - 21,084,446 - FDCj^V
2. Einwand - 20,250,327 - FoCK^X
3. PoisonMushroom - 15,605,345 - BaFi^C

Arag and Ein are now the only people in this thread allowed to call Cheibriados bad.

My first time getting more than 5 runes and still winning. Spamming Slouch got me out of a lot of tough spots, and without the Crown of Torment I don't think I would have even tried for Tomb and Tartarus.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 6, 2019

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Araganzar posted:

Wow I hit 5 while doing swamp not realizing I was over deep water and I got this:

It drained 6-7 points from all of my skills. Just a thought, maybe not let people hit 5 when emergency flight is kicking or has kicked?

Someday in the not-too-distant future, an event that previously killed the player, such as reaching 0hp, will instead print a warning, give the option for the player to reload the game 100 turns previous, and then gently explain why what they did was bad.

And someone is going to complain about it.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

PMush Perfect posted:

Add a force-more for "can't survive in this terrain", I guess?

Oh, by the way?

code:
PoisonMushroom the Conqueror (level 27, 199/199 HPs)
             Began as a Barachi Fighter on May 4, 2019.
             Was the Champion of Cheibriados.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on May 5, 2019!

The game lasted 08:30:57 (101330 turns).
Arag and Ein are now the only people in this thread allowed to call Cheibriados bad.

My first time getting more than 5 runes and still winning. Spamming Slouch got me out of a lot of tough spots, and without the Crown of Torment I don't think I would have even tried for Tomb and Tartarus.

Why would I want to do that, Chei is good. :colbert:

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Serephina posted:

Someday in the not-too-distant future, an event that previously killed the player, such as reaching 0hp, will instead print a warning, give the option for the player to reload the game 100 turns previous, and then gently explain why what they did was bad.

And someone is going to complain about it.

This is clearly not an intended result of emergency flight and I'm thinking of other players here.

Are you sure you didn't mean to be posting this on the Tavern because this post would fit in nicely there!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

No you had a good run. I take back everything I said about the Crown of Torment. I enjoy watching people play Chei, definitely a god with a lot of plusses and minuses. Really almost a different game with Chei.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I am now a member of the GoonCrawl elite! Bow before me, peasants! quietly pushes winrate under the bed with her foot

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Hey arag, my arch just got the gloves of fencing and they still have the older lovely det on them. What do?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Captainsalami posted:

Hey arag, my arch just got the gloves of fencing and they still have the older lovely det on them. What do?

I've made the code changes but they are suggestions at this point and need to be approved/committed.

I'm trying to have the ratskin drop randomly drop rats but I can't find the code where stuff like random teleport triggers while you are walking around. I should just be able to give them a property and then check it there.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

I am now a member of the GoonCrawl elite! Bow before me, peasants! quietly pushes winrate under the bed with her foot

A high winrate just means you're not pushing yourself to try new things. Or you've tried everything and are just good at the game I guess.

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
Holy poo poo Arag, those changes to unrands are tight. Can some kind soul please do a windows compile that uses that version when they get a chance. God bless.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Chakan posted:

A high winrate just means you're not pushing yourself to try new things. Or you've tried everything and are just good at the game I guess.
Or you still care about the early dungeon still.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

FulsomFrank posted:

Holy poo poo Arag, those changes to unrands are tight. Can some kind soul please do a windows compile that uses that version when they get a chance. God bless.
I think the best plan is to submit a pull request so FK can grab it. He's been pretty chill so far with adopting things other goons made as long as they're well-received.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Chakan posted:

I'm way too loving lazy to have a good winrate. I play early game fast and loose because who the gently caress cares I can be back here in 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Resting Lich Face posted:

I'm way too loving lazy to have a good winrate. I play early game fast and loose because who the gently caress cares I can be back here in 5 minutes.

yeah same. characters aren't real to me till I hit temple.