Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Speleothing posted:

Could we change Veh to stop offering lvl 1 (and 2) spells? They seem like a waste of time if you're already xl 5 or 6 when you find the altar, then need to build piety for the first gift.
It works out sometimes if the spell is one of school that you know you want but haven't found any spell books for yet. Helps to get that training going.

But other than that can't say I would care to much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm finally trying gnolls. Gnolls are good and fun. I have nothing else to comment on.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ogre if hybrid, Tengu for blaster caster. Note: this is my answer to every class

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Abyss remains the one rune in 15 rune games I hate the most (Tomb isn't hate, just fear)

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Araganzar posted:

Anything new and cool in spells? Probably try a caster or transmuter next...
Virulence was added added as a player spell so Poison stays viable the whole game now instead of being an exp trap.

I wish I was just in the mood to play crawl again because of all the hard work put into gooncrawl so far. Mood will hit me eventually.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
As a fan of conjuring through 15 runes I do to want an acid firestorm.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Would it be to broken just to give Tengus permaflight at start at this point. Yes, it would come with the speed and dodge boost but it's not like I I'm engaging every battle with it off as soon as its available

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Araganzar posted:

Wow struggled through 8 XL levels raising Armor as a Spriggan Archaelogist and this is my prize:

Fixedart with -20% max hit points. This would be such a cool artefact otherwise. Major cool. But no one in their right mind is ever going to use it, even on a high HP race.

edit: Actually, it takes my hits from 37 to 29. I guess they decided to make it additive just to screw -HP races even harder?
I 15 runed twice with ogres thanks to that Crown and was the main agitator to bringing it back.

Araganzar posted:

But no one in their right mind is ever going to use it
Oh

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Trying out a Tengu Archaeologist and it got me asking again, would it really be that overpowered to give tengus permanent flight at level 5 (or 1). I'm going to activate it every fight anyways for the dodge and speed boost.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
code:
 Cerebov explodes violently!
 The sun demon is hit by a flying piece of Cerebov!
 You kill the sun demon! You blow up Cerebov!
 Training target 20.0 for Invocations reached!
 Your Dodging skill increases to level 23!
 Your Invocations skill increases to level 20!
 You can no longer merge with and destroy a victim.
Dance God is a fun god.

Edit:
code:
 Gloorx Vloq explodes violently!
 The Executioner is hit by a flying piece of Gloorx Vloq!
 You blow up Gloorx Vloq!
 The Executioner disappears in a puff of smoke!
code:
 Mnoleg explodes violently!
 The large abomination is hit by a flying piece of Mnoleg!
 The tentacled monstrosity is hit by a flying piece of Mnoleg!
 You blow up Mnoleg!
 The tentacled monstrosity disappears in a puff of smoke!
 The large abomination disappears in a puff of smoke!
 The tentacled monstrosity disappears in a puff of smoke! x3
code:
Lom Lobon explodes violently!
 The titan is hit by a flying piece of Lom Lobon!
 You blow up Lom Lobon!
Complete the set, ha!

---

This is just silly.
code:
 Asmodeus explodes violently!
 You blow up Asmodeus!
 You no longer feel the fiery rage of Gehenna assaulting you.
 The balrug disappears in a puff of smoke! x2
 The efreet disappears in a puff of smoke! x2
_You can no longer merge with and destroy a victim.
All shall feel the rhythm!
code:
The Serpent of Hell explodes violently!
 You blow up the Serpent of Hell!
code:
Antaeus explodes violently!
 The blizzard demon is hit by a flying piece of Antaeus!
 You blow up Antaeus!
 You no longer feel the icy wrath of Cocytus assaulting you.
code:
 Dispater explodes violently!
 You blow up Dispater!
 You no longer feel the iron fury of Dis assaulting you.
code:
Ereshkigal explodes violently!
 You blow up Ereshkigal!
 You no longer feel the haunting ire of Tartarus assaulting you.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 14, 2019

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Booo, mummy death curses killed the beat. I had already got the other 14 runes too.

code:
1270795 worldfamousw the Rhythm of Life and Death (level 27, -18/196 (199) HPs)
             Began as a Tengu Archaeologist on Apr 14, 2019.
             Was a Priest of Uskayaw.
             Killed by a guardian mummy's death curse (32 damage)
             ... on level 3 of the Tomb of the Ancients.
             The game lasted 05:49:14 (72807 turns).
Also a total of 138 Grand Finales. I kinda of dig the dance god. Archaeologist is a fun class as well, got the Autumn Katana as my artefact.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Its worked in the past! I also just happened to be a tree with more than one pip of rn+ all those times!

Live fast, play hard, die screaming!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

PMush Perfect posted:

Wanna take another shot at taking a HOFi into extended, trying to decide on a god. TSO blocks Regen which got me killed in the Abyss last time. I think I'm gonna go Makhleb, but I'm open to other suggestions once I inevitably splat this one.
High invocation and an aptitude for axes make Qazlal a good choice. 15 runed a HOGl like that once.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I think I got Hat of Pondering off a Spellcasting manual once but that may have been one of my Armour manual games.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Araganzar posted:

Resisting all forms of fire including holy and hell is, like, the point of djinn, too.

I've made a few changes to unrands. I've won all but 8 races of Ac already so it can't be said I did this to make it easier.

-SNIP-
Only problem with the crown is you just denied it to races that can't wear helms, also known as the best races Tengu and Ogres.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'll never not hold tab down till lair! My victories will be built upon a mountain of easily avoidable deaths!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Chakan posted:

A high winrate just means you're not pushing yourself to try new things. Or you've tried everything and are just good at the game I guess.
Or you still care about the early dungeon still.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hubris cave still deadliest of timed portals, yeah? I have no idea how you do that search the database thing.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Baileys have a increased chance of potions of exp, so I tend to muscle through them. Also any non oka crossbower is poking their head in at least.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fhqwhgads posted:

So it doesn't stack, perfect!
It stacks in the sense that there, iirc, is only one block check using the combined shielding of the shield and necklace. If blocking was successful than reflect happens.

Might be misreading you though

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
If you already have the shield skill invested in, keep at it.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
The abyss sucks rear end and remains the last rune I'll do because it is so boring there. Walking east until I stumble on the rune vault is awful.

The only time abyss is memorable is when you get sent there to drat early.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I like to do zigs with a low twenty blaster caster abusing potions of brilliance and lvl9 nukes. Go from level 21 to 27 by floor ten from sizable xp gains and multiple potions of experience

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I harp on it, but give tengus permaflight right out the gate

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Lvl 9 poison spell that is just an always on version of Toxic Radiance

It also bursts out Virulence every few turns

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
While adding new races, can we give tengus permaflight at lvl 1?

Unless that's already in, I'll be honest I only play about once a month now

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I die on holy zig floors more than any other.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Dance god is really fun and I greatly enjoyed just telefragging every lord of hell and pan.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

PMush Perfect posted:

I might enter, but probably not. I don’t even play Gooncrawl much these days. If someone puts a team together (name suggestion: Gooncrawlers), I’ll probably hop in and get my obligatory Minotaur and Barachi wins, but that’s about it.
Yeah, I love all the gooncrawl changes and the games I played of it resparked a small flame for the game but I think I'm just burnt out on crawl in general. Can't complain though. More than a dozen full rune clears under my belt and near decade of enjoyable gameplay ain't bad.

Will not be participating in the tourney though

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Charles Bukowski posted:

Hello. I want to start my very first ever rogue-like crawl but I'm not sure which one to pick. Also I read Pyke/Shadow pussy wanter's crawl diary and now I am afraid.

E: I installed the Android version on my phone and this tiny hard to type on Hackers keyboard. Everything is so small. Im amazed people can do this on a phone.
The one game I played to 15 runes on the phone app took about 4 times as long as my other full runs.

It was also a conjurer of veh though and blaster casters always take longer than tab masters

Edit: while I'm reading the thread again. Has lvl 1 permaflight been added to tengus in goooncrawl?

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 3, 2019

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I've done tomb about four or five times as a treeform, immolation reading, fully potion buffed monster. Treeform is the secret potion tech for dealing with torment. Just be careful for the smite.

TSO makes quick work of the mummies and the health gain on the kills keeps up with the curses usually.

Kiku (or was it the other undead god) will give a 50% chance to ignore torment.

Crown of Torment or Torment Rod are rare finds but can help mitigate most the issue if you luck into them.

Lichform is great and stoneform can help.

Tomb sucks though, I won't defend it. It does have more than one solution though

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 4, 2019

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

It's just never worth it. It's like trying to fight Mennas as a demonspawn or undead: you COULD, but what reward could possibly be worth the risk?
Other than rubbing it in their smug holy faces?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Add CBMs

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I haven't played in months but I'll give slime changes a go this/next week. Is it on the webtiles one or do I need to download a version?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cardiovorax posted:

Use them as wrapping, to get a special equipment effect that other races don't have? Would be interesting. Sort of like a perma-buff, although that is really more valuable in trunk than it would be in Gooncrawl.
Add scroll equipment slot. Each scroll has an associated mutation to it. Give scroll equipment Fragile upon equip

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Hive is were i die stupidly to wasps and drowning

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sincere thanks for the effort to see this little communities' vision through

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Chakan posted:

This was also back when traps and doors was a skill, lol.
As annoying as TD was a a skill, is still better then the change to just make traps randomly happen.

I aint played in a couple of years, but I still can't seem to fully let go following this game. Has that trap system been replaced yet?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Einwand posted:

What do you all mean, elf 3 is easy just exclusively play formicid so you can 1v1 every single elf in your kill tunnels while also having above average MR gain. You can kind of mimic it with a wand of digging but it's going to be less safe due to giving them space to blink/summon things into.
I've not played in years (but keep up with this thread for some reas9n) but were the earth elementalists removed? They killed murder holes pretty good I remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

dolphinbomb posted:

what is ostensibly a single player game.
I think it is viewed more as a speed running/tournament game more so nowadays, whether vocally expressed or not