Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Just watched a Korean player on Twitch splat his character in a Zig, but it was interesting because it seemed his crawl had sound effects? Is that an actual thing? I recognized the death SFX from one of the Castlevanias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Annointed posted:

then they made abyss give no items and no exp giving it absolute worst 3 rune status

Those changes were mostly reverted in the next version. XP and piety is back but items still do not spawn unless they're part of a vault.

e: this is not the only instance of significant changes being ditched shortly after implementation. That weird exploration race, as another example. I'm not a game design professional, but stuff like that leads me to believe that there's not enough discussion between the devs and community (and/or other devs) before they put in something they think is neat.

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 11, 2024