Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Torment sucks so hard. Unavoidable, uncounterable. You know they ran out of ideas when you hit branches that spam it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
How do you play a lava orc

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Does joining the Orc God get rid of my hot explosions? I noticed my little clouds of heat weren't showing up after I converted

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
You're playing gooncrawl, you have the perfect set of mutations, more or less. You come across a huge pile of mutagenic meat from ugly things. What do you do?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I got to like level 25 in a zig before hubris killed me. Then I get to look at all the expendables I had that would have easily cleared the stage (holy word in a demon room).

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Can you make a gun race please.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Cleared my first Zig tonight. Got all 5 runes from pan. But still, somehow, I am completely helpless in Tomb. Hmmm I guess that's my fault for not thinking to pick ghoul. BECAUSE THERES NO OTHER COUNTER FOR SMITE AND TORMENT SPAM

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Top ways to beat Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup:

1. Blowing yourself up with an immolation scroll.

2. Dying in a Zigguraut

3. 14. Rune Win

4. 3 Rune Win

5. Dying on D1 because you can't be assed to do more than tab

6. 15 Rune Win.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Morgue file here if anyone wants to laugh at how I could have easily beaten Tomb with what I had
http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/AverageBear/morgue-AverageBear-20191103-064041.txt

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Crawl is a normal game, pretty straightforward. It's normal to die 30 times and spend a few hours just dying over and over until your eyes glaze over. It's normal it's normal nits normal normal its normal

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

FulsomFrank posted:

Yeah lichform is the trick and you should be aiming to get it up and running no matter what build you're doing as far as I'm concerned. Also, bonus points for getting Silence castable and then you just laugh and laugh as you send the mummies back to Ra.

IMO if there's only one or two approaches to solving a branch, it's a bad branch. My deep dwarf axe guy shouldn't have to become a master necromancer to beat tomb. And I certainly shouldn't have to plan my build around beating it. Any build can carefully stumble their way through any other branch if they use their resources well. It's be like getting to the orb and finding out you can only pick it up with telekinesis.

I know everyone here knows tomb sucks and mainline crawl mostly sucks. Just gotta rant. It's like the tomb dev saw too many people beating his precious branch and flew into The Virgin Rage, slapping as much artificial difficulty he could into it.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Mummy priests also have way too much health and ac somehow. They're wrapped up corpses and my deep dwarf with a +9 executioners axe might as well have had a chisel.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Nerds should be bullied

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ffffffuuuuuuu!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Does anyone know what the Demonspawn tail actually does?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Looks like whoever controls the CP server for the crawl dev team took out XP and loot from the abyss. Hope you like being drained the whole game!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

BigFactory posted:

Those abyss changes sound fine. Abyss was one of the worst parts of the game. The less time you spend there the better.

I just played it and it feels like absolute poo poo. Stars still gently caress you up with mutations and getting to the rune loving drags. It actually feels more like a grind than before.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The abyss literally spams the event log with debug messages. That's how little they thought this through before pushing it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Turpitude posted:

There's a square with an orange crystal statue and a +10 tower shield. how can I grab the shield without dying?

Kill