Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

in soviet russia, you shove robot

BrandorKP posted:

Play goon crawl eat the purp every day.

Yes play Goon Crawl on CBRO. I'm getting tired of seeing my ghosts on every run. (I've been splatting a bunch today.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

How does GoonCrawl Abyss work for the rune? I've spent ~20000 turns between 3 and 6 (most on 5, I think) and I haven't found the rune yet. My character o-tabbed through all the Hells except for 7, but I almost got my rear end beat on Abyss:3 (hubris was involved) and a few of the fights on A:5 were easily the hardest so far in the game. Did we change up Abyss significantly or am I just suffering from a lovely RNG?

E: Phoneposting so no chardump but I'm bitcoinbastard on CBRO if someone else can. Gr of TSO, 27s on fighting, maces, armour, shields, and invocations; 20ish dodge, and maxed out resists except for corrosion.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 20, 2018

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Also just so you can finally play a gently caress.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Does +riposte work on anything other than Long Blades?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Edmund spawns with a wand of polymorph on D5 and he's not afraid to use it.

Zaps me tree, I survive an ogre with a club I probably wouldn't have, thanks bro.
Zaps me fungus, I chain confuse him until death.

*drops wand of polymorph*

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

look im sure it's easy to just pick up c++ and work o

https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob...source/Makefile

oh

E: not trying to be a dick but holy gently caress do not do c++ as a first language, as a person who did c++ as a first language

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 16, 2018

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Teal posted:

I'd like to introduce you to my project where I reimplement the whole of Dungeon Crawl in python

code:
def spawn_unique(floor_num):
    if floor_num == 2:
        spawn(SIGMUND)
    else:
        spawn(None)

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

memory is cheap, free() is just something big ram pushes to move product imo

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

gobs_crawl.exe posted:

SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND SIGMUND

e: apparently I hosed that up. sorry all
https://github.com/jabberzac/gobspr...m-Specification

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Nov 29, 2018

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Single wide hallways are the best part of labyrinths. Just pre-gen a maze with a path from entrance to exit and disable auto explore if you really want theming.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

FR: An "altar" within 5 squares of the dungeon entry that's a crusty old explorer who reminds you that 3 runes are enough, more just means you're showing off.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Floodkiller posted:

Gooncrawl update: Okawaru no longer gives out ammo gifts. Instead, at 3* piety, Okawaru will now make all of the player's ammunition have the returning brand in addition to whatever brand it normally has.

As a dumbass who MiFis and uses throwing to reach out, this owns.

I'm sorry if it was already addressed, but churn seems like a bullshit mechanic. Oh gently caress, I got 2 javelins of poison on Lair 1, but I'm afraid of using them too soon because they mulch so now these two awesome things go into the same bag as the wand of lightning with 1 charge and the +99 sword of mr----

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

I played around with a fighter type character I usually do and it was pretty trivial to cast every permabuff by equipping two rings of wizardry and then unequipping them. The only one I needed to train for was Ring of Fire.

Also, hello again! I could not for the life of me figure out how to rebase my commits for the abomination species, so I've just done away with the pull request until and unless people start clamoring for that silly 8-ring full armor badman species.

In other news, I think I'll try my hand at some unrandart changes and additions. At minimum I want to add the change from the main branch that turned the Vampire's Tooth from a +4 dagger of vampirism to a +12 quick blade of vampirism.

Without looking at your branch at all, try merging gooncrawl_master (or w/e) into your branch. Rebase is the devil if youíve pushed.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Just tried and effort-failed to play a new game on CBRO. Devs if you're reading: keymaps should be in the RC file. I'm loving tired of remapping keys for the Nth time every time someone decides to patch-bump the version number. (Also semantic versioning is a thing, give it a shot.)

E: That was at mainline devs.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Floodkiller posted:

The setting for ASCII vs Tiles happens at compile time, so you need to compile it yourself from the code (or have someone else do it for you). For online, I believe you can get the ASCII version if you ssh in instead of using the web interface.

Speaking of, Iíve never been able to pull off SSHing in to CBRO. Is there some trick to it? Really all I want to do is use vim to edit my RCs.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Floodkiller posted:

Tournament just ended, so it takes some time for the server operators to bring forks back online.

That thread is a bit out of date since I don't log onto Tavern that much, so I would follow the second post of this thread instead.

Edit:

I don't ssh into the servers, so best I can help with is a link to the how to page:
http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/howto

Thanks, but that just means I can't log in and gently caress with my RC files on the host (generic login/SSH key). I still prefer WebTiles.

odiv posted:

You're probably just missing the keys, goatsestretchgoals (ew that hurt to type).

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Good news friend!

autofight_throw = false
If your quiver contains a throwable item, autofight will throw it
at enemies out of melee range. Without this option, only a wielded
launcher (a bow, crossbow, sling or blowgun) will be considered.

autofight_throw_nomove = true
This works same as above, except only for ===hit_closest_nomove rather
than ===hit_closest; this is usually bound to shift-Tab.

Tab stomping from long range!

E: There is no hubris quite like a post-shoals MiFi with an eveningstar and 30 javelins.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 25, 2019

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

What is the harm in killing the entire mechanic of 'you can learn X spells at Y level and Z spellcasting'? What if books were consumables (except for Trog followers) and you learn and retain every spell you come across. This already exists with dropped spellbooks, the only gate is amnesia scrolls.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 29, 2019

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Someone else who is bad at this game should play on https://crawl.kelbi.org because I'm tired of seeing my own splat ghosts. We don't talk about the time that https://crawl.kelbi.org/crawl/morgu...0807-232328.txt

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Agreed, labyrinths sound like a good idea but they're just a pain in the rear end. Gauntlets are a definite improvement.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

_The two-headed ogre evaporates and reforms as a swamp dragon!
_The swamp dragon resists with some effort.
_The swamp dragon evaporates and reforms as a shining eye!
You drop a wand of polymorph (15).

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

code:
 You eat one of the 5 mutagenic chunks of flesh.
 This meat tastes really weird.
_Fur sprouts all over your body.
 You eat one of the 4 mutagenic chunks of flesh.
_Your wings grow larger and stronger.
 You eat one of the 3 mutagenic chunks of flesh.
_You feel resistant to hostile enchantments.
 You eat one of the 2 mutagenic chunks of flesh.
_Your mouth lengthens and hardens into a beak!
 You eat the mutagenic chunk of flesh. This meat tastes really weird.
_You feel robust.
rip goatsestretchgoals the basher, got hubris and died

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Sometimes the randart names really fit.

quote:

You finish putting on the cursed +0 leather armour of Wrong Decisions {Str-4 Int+6}.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I am the worst nerd who has never played local DCSS.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

For me itís simplicity; CKO has Gooncrawl and I have a browser. One less thing I have to remember to update.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

goatse's #1 git gud tip: Don't play drunk. Doesn't apply to starting a new character but holy poo poo I have splatted so many carefully crafted characters in the interim between 'hey lets go to the bar and have a couple' and 'I got this'.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

code:
PoisonMushroom the Ducker (level 1, -2/12 HPs)
             Began as a Skeleton Archaeologist on Dec 22, 2019.
             Slain by a kobold
             ... wielding a +5 short sword of protection
              (5 damage)
             ... on level 1 of the Dungeon.
             The game lasted 00:00:30 (39 turns).

code:
goatsestretchgoals the Slasher (level 1, -2/18 HPs)
             Began as a Minotaur Skald on Dec 23, 2019.
             Slain by a kobold
             ... wielding a +1 whip of electrocution
              (16 damage)
             ... on level 1 of the Dungeon.
             The game lasted 00:00:33 (119 turns).
*taps tab once on character select screen then holds tab down*

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Removing shield on 1h->2h switch sounds straightforward enough but what do you do when you switch back to a 1h? Might be able to kludge something with the swap a/b command but I don't see a good way to do the Right Thing(tm) in every case.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

There are too many wands in the game, so I'm going to organize it.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Is there a way to transfer macros from one Webtiles flavor (Gooncrawl) to another (.25)? Failing that, is there a way to dump non-standard macros so I can at least see what I've forgotten to rebind?

E: To be clear, I'm asking about macros and not the rc file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

kaschei posted:

Where are you playing? Macros are stored as a text file and on CKO you can get your gooncrawl macros by pressing 'm' instead of 'p' when logging in via console. Or you can find them in your player rcfiles. CKO's are all in https://crawl.kelbi.org/crawl/rcfiles/crawl-gooncrawl/

Unfortunately the only way to directly edit them is to log in via console and press 'm' instead of 'p' in the appropriate branch. It shouldn't be too hard to copy them manually if you only have a few, but if you have a big bunch of them it's worth logging in via console to edit the macro file directly.

Thanks! I forgot about console login, I'll try that and bug the thread if I can't figure it out.

...apparently I am dumb though, I just cleared Snake Pit wondering why I kept getting poisoned. My rPois ring was safely in my inventory the entire time.