Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I seem to recall they are supposed to be really good early on but trail off later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Try a Gnoll Skald of Ash, it's quite an experience.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

tehllama posted:

Is gooncrawl no longer on CBRO?

They shut off experimental branches during tournaments because ??? and then they take months to bring them back.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

The whole thing with the devs reminds me of modding community drama.

Poison magic falling off after midgame would likely work better if it was more OP in the early game. It took me over 200 DEVM games before I won one and I know I would usually branch into fire partway into the early game because ignite poison was so good and I would hope to get it from Veh or books.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

If I had to come up with capstone venom spells I'd likely go with level 5 or 6 spells that are solid in the midgame but scale effectively against endgame enemies due to utility. Maybe an acid spell that you need to cast repeatedly but does more damage with each cast per target, perhaps doing corrosion similar to how it works on the player, could put a cap at the third application to keep it from going too out of hand. Every so often someone suggests anti-magic venom that works on demons and I kind of think that would be a great utility, it could likely manage by doing less damage than the brand or mana vipers but work more consistently at keeping enemies unable to cast.

But yeah, the real problem with spells is about the same problem with weapons, it's hard to get a meaningful difference in feel for them.