Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

quote:

Aim: Gastronok, wearing a +1 hat of see invisible (lightly wounded, chance to defeat MR: 6%)
Gastronok evaporates and reforms as a shard shrike!
Gastronok claws you! Gastronok freezes you!! You resist.
Purchase which effect?
You fade into invisibility! You feel ready to backstab.
You feel very mighty all of a sudden. You feel clever all of a sudden.
Gastronok screeches!
Gastronok spits a shard of ice at you.
The shard of ice hits you!! You partially resist.
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
Gastronok barely misses you. Gastronok claws you!
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
Gastronok freezes you!! You resist.
You die...
Your body crumbles into a pile of gold.
Two turn KO by Gastronok the 6% polymorph chance shard shrike. That's me up there unaware I was NOT selecting my acid wand and also unaware that shard shrikes can see invisible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

cock hero flux posted:

coming back to dcss is like the opposite of coming back to other games. instead of having to eagerly look through lists of new features and mechanics you just grimly read the names carved onto a vast war memorial for fallen content

Getting rid of mountain dwarves was the thin edge of the wedge. This is the end result when any rear end in a top hat with commit privileges can remove something because they deem it “boring”.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

Ate 6 chunks of mutagenic flesh on floor 5, think this is the best luck I've had.

tfw the random mutations you got from eating out of the garbage can are better than your race-specific mutations

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Who decided to make it a life or death situation every time an enemy gets next to you? Do the people who make changes only play MiBes?

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

code:
 39677 | Spider:4 | Noticed Nikola
 39680 | Spider:4 | Noticed Arachne
 39771 | Spider:4 | Noticed Mara
 39771 | Spider:4 | Noticed Asterion
oh uh hi guys

Having a real fun TEAE going. Two runes down. They finally added some fun spells rather than taking stuff away. https://cbro.berotato.org/morgue/coolio/coolio.txt

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

https://cbro.berotato.org/morgue/coolio/morgue-coolio-20231108-164920.txt

It felt pretty bad turning this one in when I had postgame equipment and was on the verge of having two postgame spells up and running. I haven't won in quite a while though, so I decided to just get a point on the board. It seems they've made postgame even more annoying than it already was, so maybe it was worth sparing the frustration.

Don't they normally run a tournament around this time of the year? The trunk changelog is looking kind of sparse...

edit: looking at the morgue just realized I took off a buckler at some point and forgot to replace it, lol

Janissary Hop fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

me: i hate this new attack of opportunity system
crawl devs: ok random movement is back and attacks of opportunity are still a thing
me: no this isn't what i wanted

Janissary Hop fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 19, 2024