Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I'm pretty sure those fencing gloves give every weapon the ability to riposte like long blades.

Is there an updated webtiles version of goon crawl? When I looked at CBRO it seemed to be an old version still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I stopped paying attention to the main dev stuff awhile ago, but decided to check in out of curiosity, can we talk about the klowns? Another set of commits later apparently made the spider basket traps dump klowns on you in zot and boosted their odds of using the pie from 8 to 12%.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I feel like the difference there is that shields intentionally take a lot longer to unequip/equip than normal weapons and rings do, so presumably they're intended to be more of an intentional build than something you hotswap for the situation.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Skald with permabuffs seems kind of absurd early on, permanent regen the instant you hit level 3, and also spectral weapon if you want it.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Finisher is absurdly good now. For all the problems trunk has had, the unrand changes are great.

66890 | Depths:5 | Noticed Peuvivit the pandemonium lord
66891 | Depths:5 | Killed Peuvivit the pandemonium lord
:black101:

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well I tried out timestop, it didn't seem particularly good but maybe it's meant as an ultimate guaranteed stabbing button for hexers rather than my formicid with a great mace who found it and felt like trying it out.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I've noticed the game crashes a bunch on webtiles while fighting mummies as well, wonder what's up with that.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 1, 2019

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I've never tried blades of disaster personally because its never really seemed like it would be worth the effort of using it, pure mages tend to want much safer options, while my hybrids don't ever really want conjurations, and are usually a lot more focused on getting some lower level utility spells up to supplement murdering everything with an axe while in some sort of heavy armor. I'll have to try and actually use it sometime but it mostly just seems like it's too high level, for the investment of getting it running I could get invisibility and silence or deflect missiles functional.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I tend to prioritise evocation as my ranged option on a lot of characters that aren't primarily magic focused, and when I do play a magical focused character it usually has a melee weapon to clean up trash enemies so I don't have to recover mp after literally every fight, not for killing anything I'd think would be dangerous enough to warrant something like blades of disaster. Maybe I'm underestimating the conjuration as a midgame ranged option, though.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Finisher is such a stupidly good weapon, I found it on the floor on D6 and immediately put it on with 0 polearms and it still murdered everything, speed brand and the autokill proc are is just such an insane combination.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

But what about "like glaciate, but yellow"?????

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

In my search of Greater Formicid on gooncrawl I'm at slime apostle and oh god is starting with jivya kind of awful. Unarmed combat is the only real option I guess.
I'm not actually sure how jivya is supposed to work, it seems like they should be the mutation god but instead I have 2 mutations by lair because jivya keeps taking away all the ones I'm getting from the occasional purple.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 6, 2019

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Jivya seems to just be plain broken too, roughly 5 cure bad mut uses and it just completely ignores the no regen mutation.

For a mutation god I sure do constantly wind up with less mutations than I started with from the potion of mutation you start with in your inventory.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 6, 2019

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I'm honestly amazed I won a FoSA, even with a potion of experience on D5. I had forgotten how insanely strong unarmed is if you can get past the early game though, drat near punched out a panlord in one hit on the ascent.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

So what I'm hearing here is we should re-implement trapdoor tomb. :shepface:

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I've used that thing before and it makes extended a joke, shows just how poor the extended content is when unavoidable massive %hp shred is the only reliably dangerous thing there, ignoring outliers like hellion island. Doesn't stop extended from being boring, though.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Vault wardens will lock every door and staircase near you for a bunch of turns or until the warden that locked them dies. It's a large part of why vaults 5 is so absurdly dangerous if a single warden comes in at the edge of your view they can lock you into the giant clusterfuck in the center of the floor.

A faerie dragon earth or fire elementalist or a conjurer is probably the easiest thing I can think of to try out magic, they've got good aptitudes, don't have to worry about body armor cast penalties, can never run out of spells entirely due to a flat 1 mana cost reduction to everything and also ignore spell hunger.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well it turns out that the new vampire tooth is good enough to carry an entire main game run on its own, up to and including poking OOFs to death, finding it on D6 was kind of absurd as well. All of the changed unrands seem to be amazing now.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well this run was the first time I've ever gotten the rMut 3 mutation that I can recall. Having to deal with no regen in combat for almost the entire run until I dove a ziggurat and found a cure mutation potion to get rid of it was extremely annoying.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Suffer not the unique to live, that includes Jorgrun if you're playing a gargoyle. :black101:

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I've used polearms a lot and I think that finisher is better than a bardiche unless you get a good randart one, because speed brand is absurdly powerful, and on top of that you'll randomly crit and oneshot absolutely any enemy in the game including OOFs and panlords. Numerically finisher and a bardiche should have roughly the same damage output comparing to a vorpal brand, 14x1.5=21 for finishers effective damage and 18x1.166=21~ for the average vorpal result, and with the base damage as high as it is the extra 4 enchantment isn't likely to tilt things in the bardiche's favour much. Also handy is that the eviscerate bonus brand appears to transfer to spectral weapons giving you twice as many chances to blow things up instantaneously.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 17, 2019

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Would it theoretically be possible to steal hellcrawl's darts? Blowguns are just dumb busywork to actually use anyways.

They're literally just blowgun needles but you throw them directly instead of using a blowgun.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 18, 2019

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Tornado is really good if you're not a squishy pure blaster caster, it's also extremely mana efficient.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well I guess this FoEn is going to become a blaster caster now, what even the heck is this robe.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I think wands of digging can still break statues.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well my last run I got timestop running as an enchanter, and it was a little disappointing as far as level 9 spells go? It was certainly useful, and the ability to get multiple free actions to just walk away from pan lords on the ascent was good, but the fact it seems to only give distracted stabs meant there were multiple times I would use it against an OOF or an ancient lich and wind up with 0 stabs of any sort despite having 20 weapon skill and stealth skill.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

The permabuff version of haste should probably just not generate contamination nor disable the natural reduction of contamination if it's going to remain level 9.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Wait, they removed the monster restriction on cloud, scattershot and iceblast wands? The one that was put in in the first place because it was even more absurdly lethal than getting acid wand'd at low levels? What possible reason could they have for that beyond not having enough unavoidable deaths in the early game? :negative:

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I'm a little mad about this most recent death, went into a blind teleport vault on D7 after clearing D11, nothing particularly dangerous in there, menkaure a bullfrog a centaur and some early dungeon trash, what instead happens is that menkaure torments me on the first turn, the centaur hits me with an acid wand through 20EV and repel missiles, then my next action is to get acid wanded a second time and going from 83 hp to dead in two turns. :argh:

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

That would definitely make for better equip-IDing stories than "well I equipped a -3 hunting sling and eventually found a remove curse scroll somehow".

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

It's 6 less MP in trade for it never getting dispelled and risking getting murdered by ranged attacks, or 4 more mp than repel missiles.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Aumanor posted:

Doesn't it instead eat another 6MP any time it would previously get dispelled?

I can't say I've ever noticed my MP getting drained while using repel or deflect missiles, just the initial MP cost.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well that was an unexpectedly successful FoCk run. Found staff of the elements on the floor on D8 and just smacked things upside the head with it until I got finisher in vaults, between some good randarts and Xom muts I was effectively immune to everything by the end of the game. Shoutout to Xom for confusing Cerebov into the lava in such a way it confused me in real life because I didn't notice and spent a couple minutes wandering his floor trying to figure out where he went. Additional shoutout to Xom giving me ring of fire somewhere in the middle of vaults which apparently counts as a permabuff even when Xom gives it to you.

Now to never do extended again.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I wonder what a level 9 transmutation spell could possibly look like. Hydra form could probably use some love as well, it's been bad for as long as I can recall.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

All the other draconians made fun of his grey scales, but now who's laughing.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well this run was kind of fun, got glaive of the guard out of an archeology box and just ran with it for most of the run. I don't think I've ever had the ring of robustness and phasing at the same time before, nothing short of defense piercing attacks were able to harm me. Demigods aren't the most interesting but having 30~ of all stats at endgame kind of is.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

It turns out that having the buffed vamp tooth and worshipping Uskayaw gives you the most effortless run imaginable. I tabbed through everything including snake 4's end vault, elf 3's end vault, vaults 5 after some incredibly pointless silence luring of the opening guards, and also the zot lungs. The only things in the entire game that were even slightly dangerous were curse skulls and a mummy floor on the zig I went down half way on.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Tried a djinn briefly, got killed by Azrael because apparently total fire immunity doesn't include damnation.
The wiki said it included hellfire but I guess the wiki lied.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 3, 2019

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Hat of the alchemist is already so good, giving it 3 more AC is a little overkill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Feature request, gyre and gimble with spectral weapon gives you two spectral weapons, one gyre and one gimble.