Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Just wield a regular giant club until your skill is higher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
nah the problem is Mummy
play Minotaur Berzerker instead and you'll be right as rain

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

ashkenzari on a gnoll seems a bit odd

"hmm, i've got a character whose greatest strength is their ability to do anything, better lock it down to specific equipment"

chei strikes me as decent for them, with the usual chei drawbacks

Ash is strong for magicky types that dip into many different skills, especially for gnolls since her skill boosts scale with aptitudes

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the optimal gnoll earlygame strat is "hold down tab lmao you have like 8 levels in your weapon skill"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

tweet my meat posted:

Is there some kind of way to open the skills menu automatically when i start a game? I constantly forget to set my skill training in the beginning.

You can do it with a lua script in the rc file:

code:
######################################################################
# To automatically open the skill menu when starting a new game, add
# the following to your options file.

{
local need_skills_opened = true
function ready()
  if you.turns() == 0 and need_skills_opened then
    need_skills_opened = false
    crawl.sendkeys("m")
  end
end
}

######################################################################

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
just program the game to save to disk and force restart every 2 hours and it'll automatically free everything at once, no need to do it manually

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Slaapaav posted:

how good is a +7 greatsword of speed with +6 dex compared to a +7 morningstar of flaming? i have 16 in maces and 2 in long blades?

It would be really nice if you had 16 in longblades
But by the time you get your LB skill high enough you probably would've found a mace upgrade anyways. And even if you didn't, you'd still have 16 levels worth of extra xp to throw in some other skill to make yourself stronger.
Switching weapon categories at that point is usually not worth it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
close range chain lightning does like 200 damage if you have no rElec and there's nothing else nearby to absorb some of the bounces
nikola is a very spooky dude

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

PMush Perfect posted:

Formicid of Wu Jian sounds amazing. A giant twirling mass of metal spinning through the air cutting things to ribbons. What class did you start as, Fighter? Monk?

Starting class doesn't really matter other than "does it have a melee weapon" vs "does it have a book".
But monk sucks.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

It seems like the app store port isn't actually legal, as the EULA conflicts with some of the terms in the GPL.
Someone alerted the creator and he has now sent an email out to all 500ish contributors listed in the credits asking for a license exemption.

I wish him luck! But getting everyone on the same page when trying to relicense or get an exemption on a project with this many open-source contributors is pretty much always hell.
(There have already been a few people using reply-all to respond to the giant email :negative:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I really wish the IOS app store wasn't so locked down and people could just download open-source apps from third parties like with F-droid on Android

Would cleanly avoid this whole entire mess