Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
They really removed food huh.

Dang.

I’ve been missing Crawl lately but I know what I really miss is the tileschat of old. It just makes me sad that an open source project named after the stone soup story feels like it just generates this level of unhappiness and frustration all the time instead of a better sense of community. Not that I ever did any good at helping with that myself, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rko
Jul 12, 2017
So instead of eating rear end, you picked up the rear end that eats

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Serephina posted:

They where shrinking all branches since there was a lot of low-threat fodder going on, and Orc's disconnected-stairs theme doesn't work with only 2 levels. I can understand it, but I did prefer the old way.

Should’ve just cut an extra two off of Lair and let Orc stay three or something. Even with the small set of enemies, I always found Orc more fun to play than Lair, and that poo poo used to go on for ages and ages of slaying sheep and running from hydras.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
first they came for the mountain dwarfs, and I did not speak out—

rko
Jul 12, 2017

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

For me, the "bad devs" trope always felt stupid as hell

You think so? I find it deeply comforting that people are still mad about crawl in 2023. I’ve never agreed with any of them, but I appreciate any consistency these days, and it’s an objectively hilarious thing to be mad about.

Kind of makes me want to play trunk again tbh, I used to argue for a lot of those changes all the time. Should see where they went with it, when I get around to it.