Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Maybe it's I'm just not used to GoonCrawl, but a GrFi^Ru used to be a no-brainer win for me on the regular releases, and now I can barely get one off the ground. Going to have to get used to playing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Maybe if we were playing Elona :rimshot:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Would Chei be a good God for a GnSk given their ability to do anything so the stat boosts helping out pretty much everything?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

How do you play your Gnoll Skalds in the beginning to survive? Forego the spells for heavier armor for more survivability? Cast everything all the time? I have no idea how to really play hybrids, either going all in one melee or magic usually.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Floodkiller posted:

Gooncrawl status update:
-Ring of Flames and Regeneration are now permabuffs!
-Xom no longer attempts to give you permabuffs, I think (you would get stuck with it turned on and couldn't turn it back off due to the way I implemented it).

I don't know how the server updates work, when do these go live on CBRO? I love permabuffs and especially as I splat GnSk's I can't wait to run all the permabuffs.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Floodkiller posted:

CBRO doesn't daily build it, so Johnstein would have to trigger a manual re-build. I haven't been hanging out on ##crawl-dev recently because my client keeps getting disconnected, so I don't know how active Johnstein currently is. However, I don't really like bugging server admins for updates unless I hit a milestone (like, all planned permabuffs implemented instead of just a couple). If you want to head to there or ##crawl and ask him nicely, I'm sure he would update it though.

CPO and X-Crawl are set up to daily build though, so they should be live with the latest dev version if you want it now.

Cool, didn't know how that worked.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Floodkiller posted:

No update this weekend, spent most of it playing the RE2 remake (which is very fun, by the way).

FR: Add a Tyrant unique that does only melee damage, cannot be permanently killed (but can be "killed" like Natasha), and can follow you up/down floors.

*You hear the clomping of a very distant Tyrant*

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Cardiovorax posted:

I was going to say "make it randomly have a rocket launcher" but that would actually be a bad idea, because this should like a genuinely fun concept for a new gimmick boss and it wouldn't do to make it annoying. It would have to be restricted to the main branch or something like that, though.

Oh yeah, we could go into specifics like main branch only or no branch ends. Unarmed combat only. Maybe slow speed and slow attack speed but a sprint burst like alligators if you let it get too close (or not if that's too annoying). I'm sure stalk and chase timers can be tweaked, etc. Technically mindless so can't be charmed?

It's just fun to think about.

*Xom laughs maniacally* "X gon give it to ya!"

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Walking is suboptimal. The game should just move you from setpiece to setpiece.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Average Bear posted:

How do you play a lava orc

I'll tell you how how you don't play it: cool

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

So uh...how do I open the box?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

That makes too much sense, which is why that never occurred to me :v:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

After splatting a million Fo Archaeologists, I got one with the Singing Sword off the ground. I've never used this version of the sword and I am absolutely loving it.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Do Shields of Reflection and Amulets of Reflection stack at all?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I'm thinking more about the reflect property. Like, if I block it with the shield, shield reflect has a chance to proc, and if I miss completely, the amulet reflect has a chance to proc, giving me more chances to proc? Or does it not work like that at all? I've never had both items available at the same time so I'm curious.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Aumanor posted:

Reflect is a binary check- either you have it or you don't. The source doesn't matter.

So it doesn't stack, perfect!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I lost a really promising Singing Sword wielder on the stairs of Slime after killing TRJ through sonic waves because I got turned into a Tree and didn't have any cancellation potions. Acid blobs eventually wore me down. Yes I had cancellation potions back in my stash

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Does Slaying bonus/malus only affect Physical damage/accuracy, or Spell accuracy as well since it's ranged?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Araganzar, no this hand axe does not sufficiently please me.

I have never used Spellforged Servitor before, but on my first FDCj to get off the ground I finally got it thanks to Veh and oh my God I'm never ignoring this spell ever again. Between the Servitor and my Battlesphere I feel like an artillery platform!

...which of course means I'm going to die in the stupidest way possible.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

With a properly curated spell list, Servitor basically doubles your firepower. The only downside is that an FD is heavily incentivized to keep using Magic Dart (or Sting) even in late-game, which means the Servitor will keep using it, too. Still, very worth it to have a familiar also blasting Magma Bolts all over the place with you.

Yeah, I still lean heavily on Magic Dart. I'm trying to be careful what I have in play now thanks to the Servitor. Magic Dart, Fireball, Freezing Cloud, Iron Shot. I just picked up Tornado thanks to Veh and am out of spell levels. I figured Tornado was a better call than Ignition? Or should I swap those two out?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Araganzar posted:

Does THIS sufficiently please you?

This pleases me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

quote:

Traps are annoying -> People avoid traps -> Traps never get triggered -> Let's remove traps -> But traps kind of belong in a dungeon -> Let's add traps back in -> But people would avoid them -> Let's make them unavoidable -> But there should be a way to avoid them -> Let's add a skill that gives a chance to avoid a randomly triggered trap -> Genius!