Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meunkin
Sep 11, 2001

puppiespuppiespuppies
Started playing Crawl again after a long hiatus and after ascending 4 characters online with a variety of starts/goals, I have to say that the "random chance on movement to trigger a random trap" or whatever the latest version added is up there with Shadow Traps as my least favorite addition to the game.

I think every game I've been shafted for 2+ floors within the first 10 floors. Caster on DL2? You're hosed! No saving throw! How are you supposed to play around that?

Lesser gripe: man getting items is so much more boring now. No rods, fewer fun wands, nerfed evocables. It's so flat now, very few things to get excited about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meunkin
Sep 11, 2001

puppiespuppiespuppies
Will check it out, that sucks though. For a while it seemed like they were adding some cool stuff, had a good time figuring out how Wu Jian worked with a claw troll monk blender.

I was just reading a bunch of old threads in the roguelikes megathread, and comparing current Crawl with angband/ADOM/etc., yeah it really feels overpruned. Like all of the fun stuff got removed or consolidated. Give me back wands of haste and scrolls of recharging :( The whole point of exciting, rare, powerful items is to be exciting, and rare and powerful. Bleh.

Meunkin
Sep 11, 2001

puppiespuppiespuppies
Add Johnny Fiveaces

Meunkin
Sep 11, 2001

puppiespuppiespuppies
Sorry if this is a stupid question - does anyone know how to, in the online version, check a list of what starts/classes/etc. you've won with? Or just dump total wins? I'm shooting for all starts/classes/gods and want to know what I'm missing, since it's sometimes months (or years) between getting back into the game.

Was't there, like, an achievement or something for doing something similar? Greatplayers list?

Meunkin
Sep 11, 2001

puppiespuppiespuppies

Haifisch posted:

Your morgue page has a chart that keeps track. Gooncrawl is kept track of here. You can get to your mainline crawl morgue by clicking on your player name in the chat box. Other branches may or may not have a sever-run morgue, depending on which server you play on.

Holy crap I never knew I could click myself in chat, this is great, thank you! It seems to track both CBRO and CAO together which makes me feel extra accomplished.

6.66 win % hail satan.

Meunkin
Sep 11, 2001

puppiespuppiespuppies
On most characters, I do D:15 and Elf 1-2 before Shoals. Sometimes E:3 too. Crazy?

Meunkin
Sep 11, 2001

puppiespuppiespuppies
This is the shittiest bazaar. It's poo poo. It's real bad is what I'm saying. The chance you get 2 garbage shops is so high.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meunkin
Sep 11, 2001

puppiespuppiespuppies
Weapon choice request, in endgame, MiBe of TSO, doing hells.

+12 Exe axe (vorpal, Dex +4)
or
+9 Exe axe (holy wrath)

Holy wrath seems bonkers good in the code, good enough to beat out an extra +3 enchant and some bonus dex?