Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sure can't wait for the Saudi show to have a heel journalist taunting the crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
...What the hell? The first news outlet to cover the WWE and Saudi Arabia thing is...Fox News?

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/wwe-faces-criticism-for-upcoming-saudi-arabia-event-amid-investigation-into-journalists-disappearance

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I didn't know they signed a 10 year contract lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just lol if you don't have a 'don't loving murder people' clause that gets you out of your contracts.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

that photo of steph lmao

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that photo of steph lmao

Look im a people this is how a people and not a robot would smile

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Foxnews posted:

“WWE may have to [back out] at some point, it’s getting — you know, after today,” Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio

:discourse:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
She looks like a drat Ferengi.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Saint Freak posted:

Just lol if you don't have a 'don't loving murder people' clause that gets you out of your contracts.

"The Snuka Clause"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

CobiWann posted:

She looks like a drat Ferengi.

she wishes she looked as good as ishka

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Vince back out of something? They'll probably double down.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Its gonna turn out that the hit squad that killed him was....

THE SHIELD

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Please redo the Mania 7 build but this time with the Saudi's as faces and the US as heels

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you were annoyed about your favourite women on Raw not getting enough screentime you'll love hearing the news that WWE want Trish and Lita to stick around as a tag team after Evolution

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gotta do something with those tag belts they keep wanting to make a thing

God knows it ain't gonna be "give Asuka that belt either"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Vince back out of something? They'll probably double down.

Look the only thing that matters is, good or bad, there's a reaction.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Look the only thing that matters is, good or bad, there's a reaction.

The Big Dog Method (TM)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FoxNews.com has so little editorial review or standards that articles like that probably go up because of random people interested without actually having to work it through normal channels of "is this newsworthy." Its good in this case but its kind of a broken clock. Like normally it means conspiracy theories and paying off people to lie and poo poo.

The fact that Saudi Arabia murdering an American reporter is all over the news and no one gives a poo poo or has probably even noticed that a multi billion dollar American media company is about to hold a big event there is some pretty convincing evidence about how low in regard WWE actually is to the world. If that was an NFL or even a NHL game someone would probably be talking about it beyond FoxNews.com. Hell, if Seaworld was holding a whale show people would probably care more. No one expects anything decent from WWE including its fans.

I'm kind of mildly curious if there's any kind of discussion at ESPN about this, though. But I guess they're used to covering bad leagues.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 11, 2018

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Vince killed that journalist with his powerful arms so that the Saudis would let him touch The Orb

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Rarity posted:

If you were annoyed about your favourite women on Raw not getting enough screentime you'll love hearing the news that WWE want Trish and Lita to stick around as a tag team after Evolution

oh come on!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I don't know what to make for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10sLjvov0jg

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I would not have skipped Raw if I knew that Conquistador was on the show.

I guess I'll have to watch Crown Jewel to see Shawn Michaels.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rovert posted:

It's really sweet seeing Dad Cena learning to just kick back and chill and be a normal person :3:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
If they book The Hurricane, I worry about his good friend Mild Mannered Reporter Shane Helms

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I guess I'll go see the Royal Rumble too since it's fun to watch in person.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TV Zombie posted:

oh come on!

Really? I thought that was like a no brainer when I saw that segment.

Its like:

"A bunch of factions of new wrestlers hit the women's division."
"Rumors that WWE will introduce a women's tag team belt for them."
"The Bellas return."
"Two Hall of Famers return to team up."
"Yeah, I see what's happening. The finals of that tournament is not going to be Sasha & Bayley vs the Iconics.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Rest In Peace Jamal khashoggi hhhnnnggghhh

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

rovert posted:

This is the most human John Cena has ever been. I want him to vlogg his new life in China forever.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

I know FoxNews has a well deserved rep for bending the truth/lying, but they did an accurate job distilling Meltzer down into one line

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

rovert posted:

So these are leading up to a heel flying to China and assaulting Cena to ruin his peaceful life, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Midnightghoul posted:

I know FoxNews has a well deserved rep for bending the truth/lying, but they did an accurate job distilling Meltzer down into one line

I enjoyed Mike Johnson's contribution.

quote:

“But I just want to say that the fact they’re in business with this government going forward is disgusting and I probably should have said it’s disgusting since day one.”

Ya think?

It would be cool to be in the timeline where there was like some actual wrestling journalism and like HBK had to address reporters' questions about his return and this.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rovert posted:

He's having a good time and not being bogged down by the bullshit, good for him

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not essentially watching. But if you are interested in Titus this mini doc is fabulous:

https://twitter.com/TitusONeilWWE/status/1050451865694015488

The main roster/Vince's refusal to present wrestlers as people and present their life stories remains a huge miss. I still get the larger than life thing but the culture has changed to everyone but WWE.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
It'd be hilarious if WWE's Saudi meal ticket is snatched away after just one show. But realistically they'll just ignore this/rationalize this away, and the only consequence is some hardcore fans concern trolling about it while live tweeting Raw.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ThePariah posted:

It'd be hilarious if WWE's Saudi meal ticket is snatched away after just one show. But realistically they'll just ignore this/rationalize this away, and the only consequence is some hardcore fans concern trolling about it while live tweeting Raw.

The WWE Hall of Fame President is already on record of "Its sad but they already bought our support and we don't want to give the money back, so oh well. Besides, he wasn't even a real American."

So WWE has its precedent.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Who did Jamal Khashoggi ever beat anyway

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThePariah posted:

I mean, they could always just not return the money.

What's the worst that could happen?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They'd have less money. And what's one murdered not even really American journalist vs lots and lots of money?

I mean a whole lot of people will basically tell themselves "Its sad that guy got killed but I like watching WWE so..."

It just works its way down the line.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i heard that Jamal Khashoggi sent all of his notes to rovert, who has pledged to continue his work, in spite of the danger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

• Locked thread