Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dsriggs posted:

Jesus, they were up at ~$97 on September 28th. What happened since then?

Entire NYSE has fallen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dsriggs posted:

The Dow's fallen 1.4% in that time, WWE's stock fell 17.6%.

It tracks almost exactly with any other stock I look at, with the caveat that WWE peaked higher than most.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"You may have heard about Jamal Khashoggi being murdered and chopped into pieces, but on November 2nd at WWE Crown Jewel, it'll be Undertaker and Kane getting CROTCH CHOPPED INTO PIECES"

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if the ratings continue falling off a cliff that fox deal isn't going to last long either

Good thing their ratings aren't falling off a cliff then

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Careful here, he's close to having the opportunity for his bi-monthly "nobody's paying enough attention to me" spiel about how actually this wasn't what he was referring to at all in his original post and clearly it's not him who's acting like an rear end in a top hat

Read your own post lmao. Anyway, it's objectively true that WWE's ratings aren't falling off a cliff, not sure what the problem is here. It's possible to believe something is bad without every single metric agreeing with you. I think Big Bang Theory is bad but they sure do get great ratings. And good for them, Jim Parsons seems nice.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

bradzilla posted:

You're right, they're slowly going downhill though.

Reminds of me *checks notes* literally everything televised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And, much like literally everything televised, WWE will also face cancellation from broadcast networks if their programs don't garner massive ratings consistently. They're safe on cable where the penalties for lovely ratings aren't nearly as severe, but let's not pretend like Fox isn't going to expect blockbuster ratings right out of the gate as part of their ROI. Which isn't guaranteed.

What lovely ratings? The only thing they lose to on cable is Monday Night Football and its immediate pre/postgame programming (and sometimes Fox News, because olds). All ratings are bad. I don't know how many times I can explain this to you guys. It is an indisputable truth. And WWE, like virtually all live programming, has slightly less bad ratings than everything else, hence why major networks still pay hand over fist for it. You keep suggesting that WWE has to see a massive increase in ratings to justify Fox's spending, but you ignore the fact that NBCUniversal nearly doubled their WWE contract while still losing Smackdown, and they're obviously not going to expect a ratings explosion.

I assume I'm going to need to be absolutely explicit for you folks, so I'll add: this is not a defense of WWE. They are a more-evil-than-most corporation that produces a bad product. This is simply a factual description of where WWE's ratings stand in the context of other cable programming.

jesus WEP posted:

WWE Raw has lost two thirds of its audience in the last 20 years

is this a bit

• Locked thread