Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Corporations using the problems of people living in developing nations as a shield against horrible service seems, uh.

Bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Miz does this thing a lot where he'll point out some really stupid decision made by WWE and then he'll blame the wrestler who was a victim of said decision for it happening and I find it really obnoxious and grating and not in a He's A Good Heel kind of way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's absolutely repugnant that the Saudi Government killed this journalist, the only just punishment is that we keep sending them WWE shows. And they have to stay in their seats the whole time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I once watched, I think it was a year end episode of NXT, and it had a video package about Ember Moon and it was super good and made her come off as super likable. She's stilted in her promos, even in NXT, but she's one of those people who's just magnetic in the ring and makes you care about what she's doing, like Cesaro.

She might be a bad talker, but she's got charisma.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

As struggling with promos?

Excuse! Finn Balor is a great promo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTpCVhggPJQ

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They actually explained his name once, during the one-month span Balor was actually taken seriously on the main roster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJwLrarYTJ0

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JT Smiley posted:

She's been on the main roster since after Mania and has yet to have an actual feud, has she even had a PPV match?

She was in the women's MitB match and she was pretty freaking spectacular in it, as were most of the women in that match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Good thing their ratings aren't falling off a cliff then

How long do you think it'll take for them to hit that sub 2-mil hour?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Someone doesn't trust in XFL 2.0 being a succesahahahahahah I couldn't even type that, I'm sorry

I've talked to people who actually think that poo poo is gonna succeed and like, swoop up a bunch of fan from the NFL.

Maybe it's just cause I'm a Lions fan and I can smell football-related embarrassing failure a mile away. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

I wasn't sure whether to count "Florida's gonna sink into the sea" under the optimistic thing. That's NXT gone, but Paul might pull a Titanic and insist on going down with the ship, so that's 50% a good thing

I'm led to believe they have enough accomplished seafarers on the roster to survive.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

WWE will still go and promote Saudi Arabia and nothing will happen and this is 2018 when you can lock children up in cages and rape women in high school and nothing at all bad will happen to you

I mean. I don't know this for sure, but I assume that's always been the case, we're just burdened with the horror of knowledge, now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Son of Man posted:

the average person is infinitely healthier, better educated, and more enfranchised than at almost any other point in history. you are absolutely right: the difference is that now the average person is much, much more aware that they are enslaved and abused by a tiny elite

H...

Hooray? :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Bryan Alvarez just revealed on WOL that the majority of talent in WWE doesn't want to go to Saudi Arabia. But the office is making them go.

UNIONIZE, YOU IDIOTS.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Can't say much without betraying honest confidences but I will say WWE's ties with Saudi are deeper than what's public. If a real reporter looks really into things it could be really damning.

This has to do with the orb, doesn't it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I really hope those wrestlers are doing some soul-searching right now.

How much of Vince's poo poo are they willing to take and be party to for a few years of transient celebrity?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Molestationary Store posted:

Like most people here don't already know about t**m*

Tom Brady?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shinjobi posted:

In other news, I'm at a small wrestling organization's wrestling show in Fort Worth. Friend of mine is wrestling tonight. However, I stumbled upon something that made me smile.

The two on the top are nobody indie geek gimmicks but those girls on the bottom have their character poo poo figured out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
His paint isn't even symmetrical!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I feel like Linda telling him not to would just make Vince 100x more likely to do it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, whatever Vince and WWE do, there's like. Less than zero chance Cena shows up for this show, right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Why wouldn't he? He was announced for the world cup thing already and that angle seemed big enough that they wouldn't just drop it.

He has an actual movie career to worry about now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Low Desert Punk posted:

hasn't Cena spent like a shitload of money trying to get his "movie career" off the ground?

And his big break is coming like a month after this show. I don't think he wants "BUMBLEBEE STAR JOHN CENA PREFORMS IN SAUDI ARABIA AMIDST CONTROVERSY" to be a thing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That Snickers Moolah poo poo was probably the best thing related to Mania this year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bradzilla posted:

Reminder that the statue they replaced Moolah with was a vagina and ovaries.

lmao Naomi hasn't done poo poo since they did this either.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

She had it the Smackdown after Wrestlemania, but it vanished after that. Gotta reuse it for next year's Women's Battle Royale.

...What a waste of time that battle royale was. Then again, the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale is also a waste of time! So equality!!!!

Bray and Matt was fun for like.

A month?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can you imagine if WWE's new plan is to just not mention the show at all but go ahead and do it anyway?

Like, the next several weeks of Raw and SmackDown, they just don't mention Saudi Arabia or Crown Jewel at all.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Ask Neville how well not wanting to work goes for you

This is the face of a man who seems fine with his life choices to me.

Low Desert Punk posted:

There's a large difference in not working because you didn't get a title you want, and not working because your company is making you do dangerous, ethically irresponsible things

I am annoyed that you oversimplified Neville's problems this much.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo they should unionize because of both the Saudi Arabia thing and the "they're not gonna get one cent of that FOX money" thing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The only one who really could is Lesnar. Everyone else is either too loyal to Vince, or needs the money too badly. Roman Reigns isn't going to walk over this. Neither is the Undertaker. Shawn Michaels most likely isn't, either. And you know HHH most certainly isn't. Everyone else that's supposed to go just isn't high enough on the food chain for it to make Vince change his mind instead of just making their life miserable until their contract expires.

John Cena, a weary nation turns its eye to you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I gotta object to the whole "fans will just keep giving WWE money" narrative to once again point out that WWE has been regularly losing fans by the bucketful for like four years now.

You can argue the cause. But they are losin' people with their nonsense.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

cams posted:

have they been losing money

I mean eventually? Hopefully?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Announced for RAW on Monday:

* Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre
* Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler

Winner of those matches gets a spot in the World Cup at Crown Jewel. I hope Seth, Dean, and Drew try and throw the match just so they don't have to go to Saudi Arabia. :geno:

"Whoops I mistook the count and got counted out guess I can't go to Saudi Arabia, sorry Vince."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sydney Bottocks posted:

WWE Crown Jewel will feature a four-hour DX vs. Kane/Taker match, after the majority of the roster scheduled for the show inexplicably did spots on Raw/SD where they seemed to deliberately land on their heads, including guys who weren't even originally scheduled to go.

Curt Hawkins is booked to break his losing streak to get into the World Cup, instead chooses to do a space flying tiger drop to the outside and break his arm.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's the current year, guys, come on.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1051912606221561863

It was done without clearance. What a relief. :geno:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

explosivo posted:

Whoops, we accidentally chopped him to pieces.

:shrug:

poo poo what's the WCW thing where a dude pulled a knife and the announcer was like "HE'S GOING TO SHAVE HIS BEARD"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think Roman could very well be one of the guys who's uncomfortable going but he wouldn't even stand up for himself all those times Vince jerked him around with Brock or sent him out with horrible material.

Like, if he was willing to go out and get concussed by Brock and still lose, he's never standing up to Vince.

• Locked thread