Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TV Zombie posted:

Ahem excuse. He is/was in a loving relationship with Cathy Kelly.

Also did the Saudi Prince have his face photoshopped on the cover of TIME magazine or did that really happen?
No because people in our mainstream media liking the Saudi prince isn't just restricted to the WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

explosivo posted:

Man, I can't wait to see how this poo poo pans out :allears:
I mean Trump isn't going to do poo poo since KSA pays us 110 Billion Dollars for weapons to commit genocide in Yemen

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

cams posted:

it would be so awesome if this killed the wwe
Eh something worse would probably rise from the ashes anyway

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Man why do I still have my subscription, honestly surprised my DSA chapter hasn't called for a BDSesque policy towards KSA which would probably make me cancel

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

cams posted:

gonna clarify so i'm not taking a "all unions are pure and good" stance cause there are specific cases where ire towards unions is justified. chicago for instance, where labor unions have a fairly bad rap, mostly for engaging in the sorts of scams that every for-profit corporation does. and obviously since unions represent huge groups of people, their exact goals and aims may differ from members on various criteria.

that said, workers of the world unite.
The problem with a lot of modern unions is the one's that have survived have done so by replicating the oppressive systems they were fighting; ie having bosses who will sell out the union for their own benefit all the time. I also know that the local PA SEIU has union busted its own admin office from forming a union by using the same tactics that they fight against in the healthcare/service industry.

Stuff like the FOP are not unions because cops aren't workers.

Anyway groups like IWW are cool and good at being what all unions should aspire to be: horizontal orgs of workers who fight for all the workers.

cams posted:

people whining about teachers unions when police/prison guard unions are likely a fraction of the size and wield WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more power in almost every state
The fact in my workplace I have coworkers talk about how teacher's unions should be destroyed and that their healthcare/retirement should be based on the stock market "just like the rest of us" is infuriating. Gen Xers are loving scabs.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 14, 2018

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

no but HHH put an NXT badge in his jacket, all is good!
Honestly HHH is one of the more insidious ways at how WWE union busts because he acts all fatherly to NXT wrestlers that it makes them less likely to want to organize against the company for their own interests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

yea he clearly knows 'nice old vet wrestler who takes you under his wing and helps you' is a WAY better image for new guys than Vince's bullshit and if he can make sure NXT results in people leaving thinking of their boss as their friend then he's safe from union threats for a whole generation of wrestlers.
Its like what my company's owners are where they treat this 30 person coatings company like some small mom and pop business when our company makes millions in profits; luckily there are legit good benefits in this company, but they are also trying to smile and say "oops we are very sorry" when this last week one of them got hacked in the site that controls our direct deposit meaning I had to change my bank account, put myself on fraud alert, and also have to worry for the next rest of my life of someone trying to steal my tax returns because they have access to my SS number!

All because they bought a bunch of windows Vista computers over 10 years ago and refused to fork over to buy new machines leading to avoidable security risks.

• Locked thread