Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

The_Rob posted:

I've been playing the 2k19 career mode and it's weird as hell. It seems like the whole story is to subtweet the young bucks and omega, and they have fake podcasts, and one of them is JR's podcast but with a fake JR. it's really weird.

they couldn't get john cena to voice john cena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

it would be so awesome if this killed the wwe

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/theseantcollins/status/1050837519187804160

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Like aside from who they are pushing the main roster WWE TV and PPV has all been horribly paced and makes watching it a chore. They are 100% gonna have to fix that before they hit Fox
they don't have to and they won't you are literally a dumb insane person if you think otherwise

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hot take: yes you can blame people for not jeopardizing their livelihoods, most oppression and inhumanity towards others is justified by people not wanting to give up their livelihoods. self preservation is not an excuse for immoral behavior.

in this specific case i'm not judging the performers much at all.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

vince mcmahon would fire and replace every single person on the roster before he let a collective bargaining agreement come anywhere near him

cams
Mar 28, 2003

VJeff posted:

John Cena, a weary nation turns its eye to you.
do you mean the nation of china, his native home?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

VJeff posted:

I gotta object to the whole "fans will just keep giving WWE money" narrative to once again point out that WWE has been regularly losing fans by the bucketful for like four years now.

You can argue the cause. But they are losin' people with their nonsense.
have they been losing money

cams
Mar 28, 2003

VJeff posted:

I mean eventually? Hopefully?
nah.

yall got mad at the guy saying that the ratings don't matter was funny cause he's mostly right. they matter but nowhere near to the extent people think they do. the ratings would have to loving CRATER, and not just for a little while, for the tv deals to be in any danger whatsoever. the only threat to the wwe is something that genuinely threatens their place as an institutional monopoly.

future incidents with saudi arabia and how wwe handles it will matter waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than the fact that fans are losing interest cause roman reigns loving sucks

cams
Mar 28, 2003

also we live in a (classically) liberal culture that has built upon powerful ideas of individual liberty and ignoring external consequences that allows for easily rationalized selfish decisions.

public opinion on "unions" as a whole is usually positive, but not as positive as most people would think, and in the last few years i believe a majority of americans had unfavorable opinions of unions for a while. years of anti-union propaganda and the reagan era did a ton of damage.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I wonder if years of the most public and media driven unions existing much more as incredibly wealthy partisan political entities rather than focusing on their actual workers had anything to do with it
yes, the concerted effort to make this the public perception of unions did a lot to lower the public opinion of unions

cams
Mar 28, 2003

people whining about teachers unions when police/prison guard unions are likely a fraction of the size and wield WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more power in almost every state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gonna clarify so i'm not taking a "all unions are pure and good" stance cause there are specific cases where ire towards unions is justified. chicago for instance, where labor unions have a fairly bad rap, mostly for engaging in the sorts of scams that every for-profit corporation does. and obviously since unions represent huge groups of people, their exact goals and aims may differ from members on various criteria.

that said, workers of the world unite.

• Locked thread