Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

How many people are in this tournament. Did I hear 8?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rovert posted:

Someone involved in WWE Creative 5 minutes ago:

"They are just now contacting girls. They have no clue what they are doing."

They literally cannot think about a PPV until the last one is over.

The only reason they can kind of do this with Evolution and Crown Jewel is because one is all men and the other is all women . It's like they are just building up to one long 8 hour PPV

Vandar posted:

Mickie vs. Lita was the originally announced match.

Was it? I thought it was a rumor.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

bradzilla posted:

You can unsubscribe from their marketing with literally a click my man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKU6fKhYpYw#t=74s

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Vandar posted:

loving lol.

They promised over 50 women in this event!

I would love to see if they can actually reach that number or not.

There are only 47 women on the roster if you include Raw/Smackdown/NXT/UK, and include all of the injured people and the Bellas.

There are 13 more "performance center recruits", bringing that number up to 60.

You can add 8 more 'legends' if you go back to the Royal Rumble and see who they brought back for that, which includes Lita, Torrie Wilson, Molly Holly, Michelle McCool, Vickie Guerrero, Kelly Kelly, Jacqueline, Trish Stratus. Keep in mind they already booked 2 of those 8 for the show.

And then Stephanie...

So they have a pool of about 69 women to pull from for this event. And you just know they are going to throw everyone into a battle royal so that nobody is left out, because we can't have hurt feelings

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Imagine having the ability to write your own storyline and make whatever you want to happen, and that's the best you can come up with.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is it one of WCW n64 games because i've been looking into picking up an old wrestling game

Wrestlemania XIX for Gamecube was the one with Revenge Mode where you threw security guards off buildings

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

projecthalaxy posted:

Here's a record that I was pretty certain of but is now confirmed: at just over 23 minutes, Lynch vs Flair last night was the longest women's match in the history of Smackdown or Raw. So there's that i guess.

drat... maybe I should have watched more than the 4 minute clip on YouTube. When someone here called that it would end in a countout, I just assumed it wasn't worth watching.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rovert posted:

Should be obvious and needed once you think about it. A modern weekly Wrestling show needs something to build to. Been told WWE UK will have Takeover style shows.

If they're smart they'll stagger them between the NXT US Takeovers. But with how WWE Works, I expect these to kick off a Friday to Wednesday 20-hour block of non-stop WWE programming

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

projecthalaxy posted:

TV ratings are a work anyway.

2.9 out of what? How can they tell who's looking at the tv

2.9 points basically means 2.9% of all 120 million households with a TV. That is not eyes on the product, it doesn't account for more than one person watching the same TV.

The share rating is based on how many people watching TV at the time watched that show.

So if you have 100 million homes, and only 2 million people watch a show, that's a 2.0 rating. If 50 million homes were watching TV at the time, then that's a 4.0 share.

projecthalaxy posted:

I was a Nielsen house for like 2 weeks. They gave me a dollar and after i logged that i watched nothing but smackdown and cooking competitions for 14 days i was not invited back

Yeah, I did it for a few weeks one time and everyone in our home was given $4 or $6, I can't remember. My mom basically gave it to me and said I could keep the money if I filled out everyone's paper log.

But they use a combination of the dairies and actual meters on people's TV, which they use to cross check each other as a way to make sure each method is actually getting an average. While most of the monitoring is done electronically, they still send out 2 million paper diaries each year during sweeps periods

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sydney Bottocks posted:

USA is a cable network owned by NBC. Fox is a broadcast network owned by Disney now. The bar for bad ratings is much lower on cable than the bar for bad ratings on broadcast TV. I don't know why this has to keep being pointed out every time someone gets all in their feelings when someone says WWE's ratings are declining and that it's potentially bad news when their run on Fox starts.

Two things that people always neglect to mention is....

1) Smackdown will air on Friday, not Tuesday. The bar for ratings on Friday is much much lower than on Monday thru Thursday.
2) While the contract is for 1 BILLION DOLLARS and seems insane, it's not. That's 3.8 Million for 2 hours of original programming 52 weeks out of the year. They wouldn't be able to develop 104 hours of original dramas or comedies to fill it's time slot for that price, not to mention the potential of needing to develop multiple shows that could fail and need to be replaced with new shows mid season.

Current Fox Friday lineup is

Last Man Standing (6.15 Rating)
The Cool Kids (4.9)
Hell's Kitchen (2.66)

I have no idea how much Last Man Standing costs to make, but Smackdown only costs them $950,000 per half hour. Tim Allen's salary per episode for LMS in 2016 was $235,000 alone, and that only goes up each year as the series gets more popular.

On average, Fox spends about $2 million per 1 hour of scripted programming, and that is not for year round programming for ratings that tank when it's a rerun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

So does Shawn Michaels still come out of retirement for not a gently caress ton of money?

I honestly wondering if canceling this deal with Saudi Arabia is going to be used as an excuse to make roster cuts or some other lovely decision to make the quarter financial results higher to meet investor expectations or whatever

• Locked thread