Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
That ruled. He was like the 78th ranked safety in the draft and they didn't even have a profile picture of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, but they suck at football.

Such an odd thing to say about a team that's beaten both the Patriots and the Packers.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Chichevache posted:

8:50 for the Hernandez TD. Very good catch too.

dude is still #6 on the 'number of TD passes caught from Brady' list, ahead of guys like White, Troy Brown, Amendola, Kevin Faulk, and Hogan.

What a waste of lives.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

What's all this guff about buyer's remorse for Ajayi? Dude has been absolutely massive for the Eagles and even if he never plays another down of football, they'll have got their money's worth out of him.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Finger Prince posted:

What's all this guff about buyer's remorse for Ajayi? Dude has been absolutely massive for the Eagles and even if he never plays another down of football, they'll have got their money's worth out of him.

Hind sight 20/20 etc....

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They don't win the Superbowl without him. No one was respecting Blount last year.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Hind sight 20/20 etc....

If we'd known he'd tear his ACL the year after our historic Superbowl win, we wouldn't have picked him up/won the Superbowl.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They don't win the Superbowl without him. No one was respecting Blount last year.

They don't even get to the Superbowl without him imo.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Bad, and dumb

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNFL/status/1050048583691591681?s=19

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The NFL really loving wants that guaranteed 8-8 team.

Hot Take: the Chargers will make a run at being the team that moves to London.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
They really should have spread the London games around a bit more and tried to reboot the NFL Europe

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

TAKE THE SKINS

FOR THE LOVE OF gently caress TAKE THEM TAKE THEM TAKE THEM THEY DONT KNOW ITS RACIST OVER THERE MAYBE

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
loving lol. Brexit will stop that happening and we really don’t want a team. I’m a broncos fan and like most people with a functioning brain can’t stand London and wont support any other team (except the browns). The nfl can gently caress off with this shite.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Seems like letting the Brits cheer for whomever they please has been working fine so far. They should start by just adding some more Europe games to the schedule instead of all this nonsense

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Poison Jam posted:

loving lol. Brexit will stop that happening and we really don�t want a team. I�m a broncos fan and like most people with a functioning brain can�t stand London and wont support any other team (except the browns). The nfl can gently caress off with this shite.

wait the browns have a noteworthy following in the UK?

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
I don’t know about a following but I felt really bad for the browns, started listening to the ThomaHawk show, bought a browns hoodie that arrived the day they won. I consider that a sign.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Is there any sports league in the world that has teams across that many time zones that play each other regularly?

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

DariusLikewise posted:

Is there any sports league in the world that has teams across that many time zones that play each other regularly?

UEFA champions league? That’s all I can think of and it’s matches in Russia that have to take place at a weird time because of the time difference.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I want any team except the Chargers and Rams to move there* just to poo poo directly on Spanos

*Please dont move the Saints, they dont even know what those are in the UK.

DariusLikewise posted:

eSports?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cash Monet posted:

TAKE THE SKINS

FOR THE LOVE OF gently caress TAKE THEM TAKE THEM TAKE THEM THEY DONT KNOW ITS RACIST OVER THERE MAYBE
lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I still don't understand Goodell's obsession with London

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

wait the browns have a noteworthy following in the UK?
There's a Browns bar in Iceland. I've had whiskey there. It's awesome.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

KHL is probably the closest? They have a team in western Slovakia and a team waaaaay the gently caress over in eastern Russia.

e: Oh the Champions league might too, I don't know.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cash Monet posted:

TAKE THE SKINS

Unironically they can just rename them the Redcoats.

They should then be moved into the AFC East

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Actually I’ve changed my mind, send the skins over and Dan Snyder will be arrested under the incitement to ethnic or racial hatred law.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Move the chargers to London but keep them in the AFC west

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

KHL goes from khabarovsk to bratislava, 9 hours

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

"The one thing we can never test for is whether a team based here would be able to cope with the incremental travel back and forwards. If and when it happens, that will be a learning we'll get then."

:laffo:

It's like a loving 5 - 7-hour time difference, you idiot, players are going to be wrecked.

"Incremental travel" my rear end.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Weirdest thing with a London franchise will be when they play games. Everything for them will be a night game or this is just a blatant attempt to work in a 10 AM EST timeslot on Sunday games.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

Weirdest thing with a London franchise will be when they play games. Everything for them will be a night game or this is just a blatant attempt to work in a 10 AM EST timeslot on Sunday games.

I can't start drinking that early anymore, please no

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wanna see some hot takes from some Brits concerned about having "those type of people" living in London.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

People who want a London team:

- Goodell
- ???

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

kidcoelacanth posted:

People who want a London team:

- Goodell
- ???

- Those who have long running super complicated schemes to make the UK the 51st-55th states.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Yikes :stonk:

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1050066794030030848?s=19

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

cavallingus posted:

I still don't understand Goodell's obsession with London

He must have a hankering for bangers and mash and shepherd's pie.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

One team in London, one team in Hawaii, a team in Mexico City and one in Toronto. Call it the international division and laugh at the Honolulu Volcanoes and the London Monarchs terrible games.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Don't forget the Shanghai team

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Anyone have that nfl fans concentration map? It wasn't particular teams just where there were fans internationally. I seem to remember a stunning bunch in South America

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Brazil has been crazy about the NFL for at least like 5 or 6 years

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mystic Stylez posted:

Brazil has been crazy about the NFL for at least like 5 or 6 years
Rio de Janeiro Piranhas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

How would the salary cap work with a London team? cost of living is much higher over there, value added tax, etc. who's going to want to play there except for players that won't make another roster?

• Locked thread