Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

Wait, isn't Slausen a kicker or punter?

Close. He's a center/guard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I figured I had to be wrong because how the gently caress does a kicker or punter injury spine and not have people realize it?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Strobe posted:

I have some.... questions about how it's going to display when it hits 8 years and more than double digit days.

If the only concern is digits that's dynamic, it'll have three at the top of the year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Azhais posted:

Guarantees?

I can look at adding months or something, but even the years was a hack on the flipclock.js library, it was originally showing thousands of days

Oh another suggestion to a thing you thought you were done with and now are still working on since I'm an rear end in a top hat. Instead of counting how much money he's made have it count down how much money he's still owed since the contract is guaranteed. Or do both.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So the NFL fined Mike Tomlin for complaining about the officials. Maybe instead of that they should just loving penalize Steelers offensive lineman for their blatant holds they commit on every play?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

yeah Tomlin should stick to tripping opposing players as they run past

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Eifert Posting posted:

So the NFL fined Mike Tomlin for complaining about the officials. Maybe instead of that they should just loving penalize Steelers offensive lineman for their blatant holds they commit on every play?

On the other hand gently caress the officials this year especially

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Fat Jesus posted:

yeah Tomlin should stick to tripping opposing players as they run past
God you guys are almost as bad as my coworkers for how the reacted to me cheating at the pointless word of the day game we are playing. Fuckers have not let it go to remind me about it

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Ches Neckbeard posted:

On the other hand gently caress the officials this year especially

It's not really their fault that the rulebook for this year has a "no tackling" clause.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

God you guys are almost as bad as my coworkers for how the reacted to me cheating at the pointless word of the day game we are playing. Fuckers have not let it go to remind me about it

Cheating at a word of the day game is hilariously dorky. Like c’mon man.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Azhais posted:

I was bored, you're welcome

:allears:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

achillesforever6 posted:

Are you one of those dudes that googles all the answers at trivia night

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

i gotta know which lucky team is gonna go in on this

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Are you one of those dudes that googles all the answers at trivia night

He doesn't exactly hide the fact that he's a Steelers fan why do you bother asking?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

DariusLikewise posted:

Is there any sports league in the world that has teams across that many time zones that play each other regularly?

Extremely late but super rugby now has teams in New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina so I think that wins

E: that’s like 15 hrs. Probably the closest comparison since they play once a week and it’s a contact endurance sport

Phobeste fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 11, 2018

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Vengarr posted:

It's not really their fault that the rulebook for this year has a "no tackling" clause.

They're loving up way more than demanding players defy physics.

razorscooter posted:

Chargers need some home games

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Vengarr posted:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1050100916974702592

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

razorscooter posted:

Should be the Chargers, better than LA

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Who knew the NFL was centrist

Barudak
May 7, 2007

razorscooter posted:

In my deep, dark fantasies its Buffalo. In the reality we inhabit its probably the smallest market team that doesn't have some sort of long term legal contract binding them to their city.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grittybeard posted:

Oh another suggestion to a thing you thought you were done with and now are still working on since I'm an rear end in a top hat. Instead of counting how much money he's made have it count down how much money he's still owed since the contract is guaranteed. Or do both.

http://isgrudengoneyet.com/

How's that?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Azhais posted:

I was bored, you're welcome

:tipshat:
Cheers!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cash Monet posted:

Goff showed some promise in college, Josh Allen was trash.

Yea, that’s why I said it was a lovely pick. My point was simply that posting an article about how bad Josh Allen has been that also mentions how very bad Jared Goff was in his first year undermines the point that he’s irredeemably bad.

I don’t think he’s going to be good but I don’t think his performance on a terrible team with bad coaches is proof of that, it’s everything he did before arriving in the NFL.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

:perfect:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Holy poo poo!

I loving love you!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I wish I could 5 your website

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/BR_NFL/status/1049013472497979394

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Man, this is brilliant.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

At the Rams-Chargers game earlier this year, the Rams had a chant of "Whose House? RAMS HOUSE" and all the Chargers fans just looked sad. gently caress Spanos yo

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Conversation came up at work.

Who was/is the last superstar college QB to maintain the same level of excellence in the NFL?

I struggle to think of anyone since Peyton as far as expectations and level of play.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Maybe you could add the central question of the site at the top (instead of just having it in the URL)? That's the only improvement I can think of.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:sbahj:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

iwentdoodie posted:

Who was/is the last superstar college QB to maintain the same level of excellence in the NFL?

I struggle to think of anyone since Peyton as far as expectations and level of play.

Cam?

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

iwentdoodie posted:

Josh Allen. It’s not excellence but it is the same level of play...

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Cam, Andrew Luck, and Deshaun Watson. Obviously not Peyton level of success, but they’re all still young and Cam will probably go into the HoF. Watson is the obvious one though. He was a two time Heisman runner-up, two championship game appearances, one National Championship, carried Clemson offense against some stacked Alabama teams, etc.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
^^Luck and Watson haven't done poo poo, though, in the grand scheme of things. Watson especially. I feel like Luck is disqualified until he plays another full season. But Luck is another good one, the injury thing just kind of kills it.

How the gently caress did I not think of Cam.

The only other names that really got floated were McNabb and Vick. But everyone could very quickly name like 10 college studs who busted hard.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 11, 2018

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Slowpoke! posted:

Cam will probably go into the HoF.

Wut?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

It's the thing that Baker will go into after he gets traded for a sack of beans and a poncho next year, and Gordon will go to after Brady makes him a legend and Thomas will go into with a logo less jersey.

It's okay, I know most Browns fans have never heard of it.

:v:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Aaron Rogers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Finger Prince posted:

Aaron Rogers?

Juco, two decent seasons, never won anything meaningful.

Actually he basically set the tone for his career, great QB who gets hosed over.

• Locked thread