Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

You can see killer instinct in lockers, though that may only really benefit Legion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh, for some reason I thought the aura thing only applied to other survivors'. Thanks!

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Even after having played League of Legends for the last decade, the DBD community might be one of the saltiest I've seen (I know this isn't surprising anyone).

Played 4-5 killer games last night, and every post-game lobby had some combination of people whining about tunneling, camping, NOED, threatening me in real life you name it. At one point I even purposely didn't third hook someone to try to avoid getting called for tunneling (I got called a baby killer for running BBQ instead)

Is NOED really that controversial of a killer perk that it causes full meltdowns in post-game lobbies? I even 3ked a team during endgame collapse AFTER they cleansed NOED and they still complained I ran NOED...even though I didn't get a single proc of it off. Seems disingenuous when the survivors are all running DS/DH/Adrenaline at the same time.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
They're just using it as an excuse. Second chance perks can be obnoxious to deal with and they could probably all use an overhaul, but 100% they're just using it as an excuse for losing. NOED can be extra obnoxious for survivors because it kicks in at the end and a lot of beginner survivors think the match is over once the gates are powered. You get maximum salt from killing survivors who are convinced that for some reason they should have survived instead dying. But gently caress 'em, they should have done some bones.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 23, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

why

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Is this stuff mostly at the high ranks? Low ranks I seem to get people who behave normally or are at most like "lol gg" if something comical happened. I even had someone give me tips on vomit control with Plague. (I did realize I can arc it over walls.)

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Honestly it shows up at all ranks pretty evenly I feel like. I'd say you'd think it'd go away with rank since who plays a game that makes them mad that much, but I got photographic proof of a red rank losing their mind over the very idea of slugging.

I think my favorite I got was a pair of 8 and 9 survivors who I guess didn't know about iridescent stone back when Hex: Ruin was good. They accused me of relying on crutch perks and constantly trapping the totem because they didn't understand that if that's the only trap they were setting off then they only had 30 seconds to cleanse before it opened again. That entire match was just a carousel of stupid chases around that totem.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 23, 2020

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Future killer concept: The Salt.

Power: ELO Hell. Gain charge when you see survivors successfully complete actions, expend it to throw tantrums (hitscan weapon).

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Nessus posted:

Is this stuff mostly at the high ranks? Low ranks I seem to get people who behave normally or are at most like "lol gg" if something comical happened. I even had someone give me tips on vomit control with Plague. (I did realize I can arc it over walls.)

If say I mostly see it in green and purple ranks. Usually 15+ people are either learning or playing for fun and red ranks (at least in my case) beat me bad enough or know how to counter perks enough that they don't say much.

The 5-10 or so range is right around that still not good enough to play around perks, but also competitive enough to be mad about them that generates a lot of post-game hate messages

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I think I will never get this tome challenge for grabbing two people off gens using Discordance. Best I can ever manage is one sneaky grab with Ghostface (if the servers feel like behaving themselves) and then everyone's like "Oh it's Ghostface, better actually look around while I gen"

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Are you playing on Xbox? Currently BHVR is doing a test for their new matchmaking system based on mmr rather than rank and have put out an official statement on it. The statement boils down to "It's a live test on Xbox, you're gonna see some weird ranks spreads in games. Don't worry, that's expected!!!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Ha, what the gently caress. So I was playing Legion and the other team was doing the "Circle strafe in such a way that the auto-aim makes them immortal" thing that usually marks red ranks. Turns out at the end I (a rank 11) was against two ranks 1s and two rank 2s. Anyway at the end I've only hooked a couple of them once but manage to get someone during the Collapse. They all rush my hook, of course they're running Borrowed Time. I down the person again and leave them there. They rush the slugged person. I down them again and carry them back to the hook. They rush my hook again. BLARGHBLARGHBLARGH, three people die to the Endgame timer

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

Ha, what the gently caress. So I was playing Legion and the other team was doing the "Circle strafe in such a way that the auto-aim makes them immortal" thing that usually marks red ranks. Turns out at the end I (a rank 11) was against two ranks 1s and two rank 2s. Anyway at the end I've only hooked a couple of them once but manage to get someone during the Collapse. They all rush my hook, of course they're running Borrowed Time. I down the person again and leave them there. They rush the slugged person. I down them again and carry them back to the hook. They rush my hook again. BLARGHBLARGHBLARGH, three people die to the Endgame timer

Thats what they loving get.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I just had a game go for 24 minutes. My wrist still hurts. So when I have locked down a fairly tight generator loop, what is a good way to push aggression so I can start getting downs and hooks and so forth rather than just keeping these clowns at bay/coated in vomit? (The Plague may not have the best toolkit for this comparatively speaking...)

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nessus posted:

I just had a game go for 24 minutes. My wrist still hurts. So when I have locked down a fairly tight generator loop, what is a good way to push aggression so I can start getting downs and hooks and so forth rather than just keeping these clowns at bay/coated in vomit? (The Plague may not have the best toolkit for this comparatively speaking...)

As Plague I'm not sure you have any solid options other than just playing well and getting the hooks/slugs necessary to snowball out of that situation. Perks change that around a little of course or at least open more things to do but ultimately when you hit one of those games it's just gotta come down to kill or not.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

With Plague, unless you happen into early aggression that spirals, you do what you can on a three gen set up or get tbagged at the end.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Nessus posted:

For Plague, best you can do is vomit until they're broken then hit them so they can't speed burst too far away from your three gen before they go down. But if you have four people left alive you're going to be in for a rough time no matter what you do. Especially if it's in an area where a lot of pallets are still up. Pop helps - you can chase some one and hook them then go bust the gen to sort of reset the scoreboard. At that point in the match you need to grab some last hooks ASAP and/or start slugging hard to get a snowball going, but if you can't risk grabbing Corrupt Blood then you can't really do that until people are broken as Plague.

Really though the best option is to get a kill or two before you're down to your last generator. Just one death really changes how the endgame plays out. Hook one and chase a second, third has to either go for the unhook or risk both people being on hook before they finish the last generator. If a fourth is alive then some one is always doing generators.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 25, 2020

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

DeathChicken posted:

I have honestly gotten so many sacs I shouldn't have at all tiers of play because "Survivor mains" (and it's always Survivor Mains) just continuously get loving greedy, especially during the Endgame. I got a David as he was rushing for the exit as Meyers on Coldwind one time, and Tapp stayed behind to try and see if he could get to the hook, just staying in the farmhouse where I could see him, he apparently couldn't see me though, because I somehow snuck up on him when he went around the house and got him.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Monathin posted:

I have honestly gotten so many sacs I shouldn't have at all tiers of play because "Survivor mains" (and it's always Survivor Mains) just continuously get loving greedy, especially during the Endgame. I got a David as he was rushing for the exit as Meyers on Coldwind one time, and Tapp stayed behind to try and see if he could get to the hook, just staying in the farmhouse where I could see him, he apparently couldn't see me though, because I somehow snuck up on him when he went around the house and got him.

Same here, got a 4k out of what should have been a no kill game the other day. They had exit gate at the last tick and I downed the person opening the gate and threw them on the hook. His injured teammate saved him from the hook, and I hit both of them with a PH ranged attack. Downed a 3rd going who went for a heal then downed last person while they went for a pickup after I hooked someone. No reason they couldn't have gotten 3 out for free.

I will say playing killer gives me the strangest feeling of imposter syndrome (idk what else to call it). There's so many times I turn a terrible game around into a 2-3k, and I can never tell if the survivors had a hard time closing or if they were trolling me and I got some lucky hits in.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Haha, I got annoyed at losing all the time as Demogorgon so I went into a match with Wraith, his cloak movement add-on and his aura reading add-on. Fastest I've ever seen three Survivors disconnect

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

That was a little unpleasant, I had a rather bad round as Killer and Mr. Justin Trudeau used some slurs. I hope the people of Canada will forgive him, but what sort of penalty, if any, do they put on people dropping such bombs in the post-match chat?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nessus posted:

That was a little unpleasant, I had a rather bad round as Killer and Mr. Justin Trudeau used some slurs. I hope the people of Canada will forgive him, but what sort of penalty, if any, do they put on people dropping such bombs in the post-match chat?

Basically none AFAIK.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

RIP. Also RIP because I got Midwich on Myers twice. I don't know if it was the hour or what, it just felt like the night of Everyone Pops Generators. Perhaps this is a place where the terror aura helps you out...

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

If we have enough people does anyone want to play a Kill Your Friends game? I want to see how my Myers does.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Midwich isn't bad if you try to isolate it by floors. It's easier to reach the downstairs from above than it is to reach the above from downstairs, but you also have that really annoying fence loop to deal with on ground level, so I usually try to make everyone stay on the second floor

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

Midwich isn't bad if you try to isolate it by floors. It's easier to reach the downstairs from above than it is to reach the above from downstairs, but you also have that really annoying fence loop to deal with on ground level, so I usually try to make everyone stay on the second floor
What was aggravating me is that usually they would pop a generator at about the same time that I actually saw a survivor, and a second one close after, like "20 seconds" after. There would usually then be a third very shortly after that. After THAT I would often have a period where I could actually engage and apply pressure. I was thinking that Myers might be flawed here since at EW1 he's basically invisible, whereas another killer would have been applying some indirect pressure through the terror radius.

Of course I realize to some extent this is probably just bad luck.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nessus posted:

RIP. Also RIP because I got Midwich on Myers twice. I don't know if it was the hour or what, it just felt like the night of Everyone Pops Generators. Perhaps this is a place where the terror aura helps you out...

I have noticed that in the dead of NA night people tend to be unbearably serious about the game, both in terms of player skill and about post-game gamerisms.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Nessus posted:

What was aggravating me is that usually they would pop a generator at about the same time that I actually saw a survivor, and a second one close after, like "20 seconds" after. There would usually then be a third very shortly after that. After THAT I would often have a period where I could actually engage and apply pressure. I was thinking that Myers might be flawed here since at EW1 he's basically invisible, whereas another killer would have been applying some indirect pressure through the terror radius.

Of course I realize to some extent this is probably just bad luck.

Try running Corrupt Intervention I guess to corral them early? I've had good results even with new Ruin if I can put on early pressure, but on gently caress huge maps, CI is probably better.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Nessus posted:

There should be a report function in game, use them and the explicit/racial slur category and move on. While I'm not sure if BHVR will ever actually do anything, at least you tried!

Meridian posted:

If we have enough people does anyone want to play a Kill Your Friends game? I want to see how my Myers does.

I would be down for a goon KYF, though I'm not sure how split everyone is on PC vs consoles. Crossplay is coming though!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Picked up Spirit via shards. I feel like she would be quite strong if I had any ability whatsoever to find survivors once they decide to go quiet and not leave marks everywhere

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

DeathChicken posted:

Picked up Spirit via shards. I feel like she would be quite strong if I had any ability whatsoever to find survivors once they decide to go quiet and not leave marks everywhere

Nurse and Spirit are pretty much the best killers once you get good with them. High skilled Spirits are insanely scary as even when you have iron will.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I never understood how nurse was "high skill". You basically get to ignore all environmental objects. Someone trying to loop? Shame. Someone on the floor above? Shame.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

dogstile posted:

I never understood how nurse was "high skill". You basically get to ignore all environmental objects. Someone trying to loop? Shame. Someone on the floor above? Shame.
I've never been good at flash stepping mechanics but I imagine it's more that the floor for Nurse is lower than, for instance, a killer with normal movement speed and a player with a functional mouse. Nurse would be really good in Silent Hill though, wouldn't she...

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I wish they'd add kickable walls to more maps than the saloon. gently caress those own. I managed to actually kick through and jumpscare someone who didnt realize the wall was destructible

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Danaru posted:

I wish they'd add kickable walls to more maps than the saloon. gently caress those own. I managed to actually kick through and jumpscare someone who didnt realize the wall was destructible
I love them but I also hate them, because I think I see them on the inevitable farm/mccarran maps and of course I am always disappointed. Then Bill gets away.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

dogstile posted:

High mechanical skill. Being able to consistently know charge time to blink distance can be a fucker.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TGLT posted:

High mechanical skill. Being able to consistently know charge time to blink distance can be a fucker.

Yeah. If you have somebody who knows how to time their blinks it genuinely feels like you cannot escape them. They're one of those killers a good player doesn't even need perks on.

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

Nessus posted:

If you go through the trouble of submitting a support ticket on the BHVR site (in addition to the in-game report) they could get hit a with a temporary ban. It's not really worth it.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I meant being able to consistently correlate "I have been charging for X ms" to "I will travel Y distance" intuitively so as to just always end up where you wanna be is a fucker, but yeah being on the other side of a good nurse is also a fucker.

Nurse is basically busted, but she's so difficult to actually play well that she gets a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

In my second game ever as killer, I was called "camping trash" when I only killed two of them total as Pyramid Head. Game is fun though I'm not so sure about the grind to unlock perks and such.