Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I'm buying steroids and I'm going to do them (serious)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

doug fuckey posted:

Thanks. yeah to be clear I'm doing 5/3/1 and this is only really a problem on the 3 or 1 rep sets, and the only thing I'm taking is 2 scoops of protein powder a day. I'll try doing a form reset between lifts too

On your 3 rep day amrap set at max effort you should realistically be repping out like 8ish and on your 1 rep day you should be repping out 5ish, tbh.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Post your dankest bodyweight exercise vids here please. Gonna go mad not being able to lift during plague isolation.

do front levers and muscle ups at a playground

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I wanna go to the gym

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I love the gym

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i used to do 200-250/day ama

What were your shits like

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Dolphin posted:

i just want like, huge ripped balls

Silicone injections like that guy who died because his dom made him inject silicone into his balls

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Hell yeah how many milligrams of test per week bro

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I stopped going to the gym and just go to the climbing gym now because unlike my regular gym you have to wear your mask and wash your hands and they limit the number of people in there at once.

My regular gym is a delightfully crappy basement dungeon but I don't feel safe in there at all with a recent surge in numbers in this area.

I miss gym

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I hosed up both of my shoulders climbing lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

oxsnard posted:

are leftists allowed to lift for asthetic reasons or are we only allowed to do deadlifts (carrying crates of supplies) and shoulder presses (throwing molotovs)

Anybody else ever interact with that twitter tankie guy who refuses to do any upper body work and just goes to the gym and only ever squats and deadlifts because upper body muscles are apparently doing a fash

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

My shoulders feel less hosed up today. I hope that they're back to normal by Friday so I can go gently caress them up again

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Being a leftist who won't lift for aesthetics is exactly as dumb as the 130 pound gamer nazis who do starting strength because they think it's volkish

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

My shoulders are getting less hosed up. I want to go climbing again, so I can gently caress them up more.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I walked to the liquor store today

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

HydeLyde posted:

Any advice for intense back and lat workouts at home?

I actually have managed to get a somewhat full setup at home over the last 6 months and have a barbell with some plates and an adjustable dumbbell pair. Have an adjustable bench too.

I'm still really feeling like I'm missing out on heavier back and lat work. Haven't done seated cable rows, lat pulldowns, and pull-ups for 7 months now.

I can't make a pull-up bar work in my studio apartment, the bathroom frame is too fragile to support it and the front door is configured in a way that won't work with one.

If you can't make a pullup bar work at your place, is there a playground nearby with some monkey bars or something?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Gonna go climb today, hopefully my shoulder doesn't get destroyed :)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I usually post while I'm at the gym and also when I'm not at the gym

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Running into the wind while going uphill in the 3rd/4th mile killed my pace, but soon enough I'll attain that antifa super Soldier fitness badge

Do one in the shape of a dick

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

My bath tip is to listen to lofi hiphop beats to relax/study to

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I'm posting in the bath tub

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

That was so nice

Next time I'm gonna put water in it and give that a shot

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

i say swears online posted:

I want it to warm up so I can cycle all day and then just eat skittles and donuts to no detriment to my body

I cycle once every 6 months, and my heart will probably explode eventually lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Saw a video about a 14 year old who is on tren.

He seems cool

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

It's gone now because I'm assuming his parents found out or something, and this was the first result on youtube when I just looked for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbFNrDayWag

tdlr is that a 14 year old looks like he has been lifting for a couple of years and benches 185 for a single and says he is on tren

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I think that too.

I also think that you shouldn't post yourself shirtless when you are 14 because some old creep is absolutely going to crank his gross smelly hog to it, and somebody needs to start telling children this again so they are properly afraid of the internet

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Steroid youtube is the best thing.

I remember seeing this video of this guy who was detailing how he was doing while on TRT and I went back and saw another video of his called like "how I NATURALLY increased my testosterone!", and the jist of it was he got some bloodwork done and his Test levels were like 500 so he did some clomid and got tested again, and it was 700 after, and since that wasn't high enough he just started injecting test at like 200mg a week after shopping around for doctors, and that was how he naturally increased his testosterone.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Greg Doucette is cool

quote:

Things began to unravel when CBSA officers intercepted packages destined for one of Egglestons associates, Greg Doucette, a bodybuilder in Halifax. Authorities raided his home, storage locker and car in August 2012 and seized $250,000 in steroids and thousands in cash.

Here he is talking about Elliot Hulse who used to be a lifty guy who gave good advice but now is like... a red pill cult leader or some poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXYRxijkeOM

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m has issued a correction as of 02:14 on Feb 11, 2021

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Necronormiecon posted:

nobody is perfect.

Jujimufu is, actually

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

Gear does have some....side effects

Yeah it makes you extremely cool

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

How much was he pulling in that deadlift video btw... 4 plates (405)? Like, that's not even impressive for an able bodied person, it's what guys can do for a single after a year of dedicated lifting basically.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

jarofpiss posted:

who knows how long it takes to hit 375 doing crossfit programming

Including injury time?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Bundy posted:

Fasting owns people should do it.

Ok but have you tried eating before? That poo poo rules

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

Starting strength employs clean days because..

... Mark Rippetoe was created in a lab to destroy the backs and knees of unathletic goons by using cool dad aesthetics and loud swear words to attract dorks to Starting Strength like flies to one of those blue lights attached to an electric zapper

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

For real though please don't do starting strength unless you can be absolute certain you can move onto something else the moment any lift at all stalls out, because how it does weight resets along with people being new to weight training running it is a recipe for an injured goon.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

For something that's super basic, a newbie could run something akin to SS or Stronglifts which is like 3 sets of 5 where Day A is Squat, Bench and Row, and Day B is Deadlift, OHP, and Pullup for just for like 2-3 months to get familiar with these movements.

GZCLP is most recommended nowadays because it's more balanced (less squats, more deadlifts and pressing), the main lifts are automatically periodized because you end up doing 1 heavy/low rep day and 1 light/high rep day for each lift in a week, and dealing with stalls is sensible where AMRAP sets are utilized for volume and additional sets at lower reps are used.

Another option I've been told is good for a beginner is 5/3/1 for Beginners, once some familiarity with barbell training is established.

PS: T-Rex Mode is real (not me)

Going on about Starting Strength's stalling protocol, there is an expectation that doing less of the same thing will make you stronger. And while resetting your weight by 10% and working back up does work, you end up lifting more because you are better rested, in the same way that a powerlifter would leading up to a competition. This also is an excellent way to get injured if you are doing it over an extended period of time, which is why powerlifters don't run peaking programs for an extended period of time, but beginners end up doing this with starting strength

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m has issued a correction as of 19:57 on Feb 15, 2021

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Bundy posted:

Does starting strength do the same "hit a stall back up and hit it again back up and hit it again back up and hit it again ok now deload and hit it again and back up and hit it again..." before changing volume that SL5x5 does? If so yeah, once the stalls start run.

I don't think it's the exact same as Stronglifts (Stronglifts has you also do less sets when you stall I think), but yeah it's that same scheme

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Bundy posted:

You gotta hit 3 post stall deloads (which you have to stall 3x each to even deload) to have the volume reduced on Stronglifts. I've still got the app :P

So squat Monday, 5,5,3,2,1 (and big rests), stall, RPE 10
Squat again Weds, 5,5,4,2,1
and Friday 5,5,5,4,2

That's a lot of squatting to failure and racked up fatigue and bullshit injury risk as well.

Wait if you fail on a set you're supposed to just keep going with the rest of the sets for that lift for the day? :psyduck:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

turd in my singlet posted:

please dont do steroids two months in to lifting

People have called cardio the gains goblin, when it is in fact not doing steroids as soon and as aggressively you can without regard for your long term health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Running is boring as hell to me and I don't know how you masochists do it tbh

Give me a ball to chase around in the park, personally