Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyone remember in Gen1 how to cheese the Dr. Light fight with Roll using a hyperbeam combo with the shoulder buttons lol. too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazen Apothecary
Apr 9, 2007

NIGHTCREWBESTCREW
My fav is tornado tonion bc he is an onion and I am an onion. many layered.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Natural 20 posted:

Is Zero a maverick? He's the source of the virus and he's a maverick when he first shows up.

MegaMan wiki says he is a maverick hunter so I assumed he was not a Maverick. I don't even know how I recognize/am familiar with Zero. The only MegaMan games ive played are the battle networks. :shrug:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

MegaMan wiki says he is a maverick hunter so I assumed he was not a Maverick. I don't even know how I recognize/am familiar with Zero. The only MegaMan games ive played are the battle networks. :shrug:

All poo poo posting aside...

Fantastic, fantastic games some of my favorite GBA RPGs, classics of their time, but I only played like the first two, aren't there like 6 or something now.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

All poo poo posting aside...

Fantastic, fantastic games some of my favorite GBA RPGs, classics of their time, but I only played like the first two, aren't there like 6 or something now.

I played MMBN3 and 4 and loved them both. I think 5 and 6 aren't as good but still the same old poo poo (6 got bad reviews for having the same art assets as 5 I think? Lol). The games are good and I would atleast recommend watching an LP to anyone interested. I know the games take a while to get going and have some arduously inflated sequences (I'm looking at you Zoo sequence!!!! Why am I hacking the zoo enclosures???????? drat you!!!!)

....gently caress I miss those games

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GenericGirlName posted:

I played MMBN3 and 4 and loved them both. I think 5 and 6 aren't as good but still the same old poo poo (6 got bad reviews for having the same art assets as 5 I think? Lol). The games are good and I would atleast recommend watching an LP to anyone interested. I know the games take a while to get going and have some arduously inflated sequences (I'm looking at you Zoo sequence!!!! Why am I hacking the zoo enclosures???????? drat you!!!!)

Yeah, I tried replaying one a while back on my phone because I'll never find the cartridges again, not going to pretend... and I had to slow the game down in combat... it wasn't the same, but yes hacking things lol. HACK YOUR CHALKBOARD, HACK THE WATER FOUNTAIN, HACK YOUR STOVE... everything was net connected, sounds like hell.. When your microwave can serve you a meme at breakfast, it's all over.

Brazen Apothecary
Apr 9, 2007

NIGHTCREWBESTCREW

GenericGirlName posted:

For real, Epee Em's Let's Plays of MMBN are great. I honestly enjoyed them more than playing the games and that's not a slight on the games.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

GenericGirlName posted:

Battle Network was the poo poo. The only one I’ve ever gotten to play was BN6, but reading all the LP’s on here was a lot of fun as well. I wish they released games like it nowadays :smith:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Yeah, I tried replaying one a while back on my phone because I'll never find the cartridges again, not going to pretend... and I had to slow the game down in combat... it wasn't the same, but yes hacking things lol. HACK YOUR CHALKBOARD, HACK THE WATER FOUNTAIN, HACK YOUR STOVE... everything was net connected, sounds like hell.. When your microwave can serve you a meme at breakfast, it's all over.

Rich friend having a Butler for a Navi like wtf

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Honestly at the time "everything being connected to the internet" sounded hilarious, but now there's actual washing machines, fridges, etc. with wifi in them. IoT is a hell of a drug.

Also yes, mmbn 2, 3, and 6 are considered the best I think. 5 is also pretty good, 4 is the worst, and 1 is the clunky first one. I wish they'd make another, star force was the mega man x version of them but it was worse in almost every way and those were on the regular DS, too :negative:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Xad posted:

Honestly at the time "everything being connected to the internet" sounded hilarious, but now there's actual washing machines, fridges, etc. with wifi in them. IoT is a hell of a drug.

Also yes, mmbn 2, 3, and 6 are considered the best I think. 5 is also pretty good, 4 is the worst, and 1 is the clunky first one. I wish they'd make another, star force was the mega man x version of them but it was worse in almost every way and those were on the regular DS, too :negative:

IoT makes me think I should start building an underground tunnel civilization for when the world collapses and prepare for future robots to eradicate me. I definitely am going to have to play some battlenetwork soon.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I would play a MegaMan battle network on the switch.

I will also be starting my Kickstarter for an interactive amusement park where you pretend to hack into things by using the switch's RFID reader to pretend to hack into consoles.

Burgers cost $12 to make up for the fact that no one will show up.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
confirming that I have been charged with completing this mission. my code name is ‘GARY FOX’

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

28766f69642a2930 posted:

confirming that I have been charged with completing this mission. my code name is ‘GARY FOX’

*smokes cigarette*

"Kept you waiting, huh? I've successfully infiltrated another dimension."

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I miss not having pneumonia

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

You ever wonder why reploids have blood

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://youtu.be/Nnjh-zp6pP4

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

You ever wonder why reploids have blood

It's a lubricant gel that carries nanites that maintain their sophisticated synthetic organic machinery.

Doesn't matter though, when X comes through with a buster blast, that rear end is grass.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
So let's all full chain so that way we can have an easy peasy fun game where we don't have to do any casing and no town gets killed. As a sign of trust I will go last after everyone else had claimed.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im bass

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean axl,

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
Confirming.

Brazen Apothecary
Apr 9, 2007

NIGHTCREWBESTCREW
I'm mega man's second cousin

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

I am His Dad. I have already supplied photographic evidence.

Brazen Apothecary
Apr 9, 2007

NIGHTCREWBESTCREW
Whoops I made a mistake, I'm mega man

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

I miss MMBN 6. I really Enjoyed it.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Revolver Anidav posted:

I miss MMBN 6. I really Enjoyed it.

You and me both

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Clownman was the freaky poo poo. One of his attacks is literally him turning into a tent and trapping you in it. I don’t want to think about what happens in there.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:gooncamp:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SalTheBard posted:

So let's all full chain so that way we can have an easy peasy fun game where we don't have to do any casing and no town gets killed. As a sign of trust I will go last after everyone else had claimed.

this may shock you but im Gary fxo

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm Magus from Chrono Trigger.

My Scythe is extra badass.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I'm Duff McWhalen

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My role PM just says, I'm the best and I win.... strange.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
My role PM is in wingdings, so gently caress if I know

Brazen Apothecary
Apr 9, 2007

NIGHTCREWBESTCREW
As megaman, i am here to restore order to the world, so I now want to vote for the following villain jerks

Revolver Anidav - for making me go to bed on time

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Xad posted:

I'm Duff McWhalen

Lol

Megaman x5 was such a letdown compared to x4

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Brazen Apothecary posted:

As megaman, i am here to restore order to the world, so I now want to vote for the following villain jerks

Revolver Anidav - for making me go to bed on time

If you’re mega an, doesn’t that mean you’re a maverick? Mavericks must be killed!

##Vote Brazen Apothecary

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I mean megaman. Autocorrect is a bitch

Brazen Apothecary
Apr 9, 2007

NIGHTCREWBESTCREW

jimmydalad posted:

If you’re mega an, doesn’t that mean you’re a maverick? Mavericks must be killed!

##Vote Brazen Apothecary

No dude I'm the good maverick.

Like tom cruise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Oh my!

• Locked thread