Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_QRWVwAR9o

I will play game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Died of...old age!? Who could have done this!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Yeah, I tried replaying one a while back on my phone because I'll never find the cartridges again, not going to pretend... and I had to slow the game down in combat... it wasn't the same, but yes hacking things lol. HACK YOUR CHALKBOARD, HACK THE WATER FOUNTAIN, HACK YOUR STOVE... everything was net connected, sounds like hell.. When your microwave can serve you a meme at breakfast, it's all over.

Honestly at the time "everything being connected to the internet" sounded hilarious, but now there's actual washing machines, fridges, etc. with wifi in them. IoT is a hell of a drug.

Also yes, mmbn 2, 3, and 6 are considered the best I think. 5 is also pretty good, 4 is the worst, and 1 is the clunky first one. I wish they'd make another, star force was the mega man x version of them but it was worse in almost every way and those were on the regular DS, too :negative:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I'm Duff McWhalen

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

jimmydalad posted:

If town are the reploids and Mafia is the Mavericks, who are the true villains?

The friends we made along the way

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Toalpaz posted:

What a stretch. Also put your money where your mouth is instead of feeling that vote out.

##vote Sal

yeah I don't think I've ever seen "hey what's the town alignment called 👀👀👀" go anywhere than a dumb slapfight

##vote Sal

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Are there actually any cases on anyone. Quarts the suspicion on toal and sal

the suspicion on toal is that imgay asked him what the town alignment was called and toal said "nice try scumbo"

the suspicion on sal is that he's making ^ seem like a legit case without actually voting for toal

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
oh poo poo didn't realize deadline was tonight

anyways yes, I'm voting Sal because he looked at a dumb thing imgay did and thought "well surely this is a good reason to vote for Toal" but then didn't actually vote for Toal, AND it's a dumb reason to vote for Toal. I'm suspicious of imgay for the same reason, I don't think I've ever seen "heh heh what's the town alignment called then???" go anywhere useful, I'm serious.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Brazen Apothecary posted:

:jerkbag:

like, dude who AREN'T you watching, this is mafia, that is kind of the point. like if you are only watching people that vote for you

that is scummy AF.

man i just don't like your face

everything you say is bad.

Changed my mind.

##vote Revolver

I do see what everyone is saying recently about this being very self-conscious though, cause it ABSOLUTELY is

I don't think that's necessarily scummy atm though, it's day 1 and I'm a little more suspicious of imgay or Sal for doing a dumb thing, and supporting the dumb thing without voting, but would vote brazen to avoid nolynch obv

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

28766f69642a2930 posted:

brazen has to live until I hear about this wedding

i would vote xad over brazen but right now lurkers get out ##vote vector

until very recently I was the lurk-iest :v: has vector done anything else scummy in your opinion?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

28766f69642a2930 posted:

I find Xad’s response to my lurker vote weirder. vector has 3 posts, only one of which is barely game related and asks whether vector has done anything else scummy. how could they, there’s no content to do anything else with

dislike where that was heading ##vote xad

man, I didn't even look at vector's posts gimme a break

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
lol at this pressure based off of nothing, scumteam is likely in there somewhere

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning everyone

so what do you think then.

what, about vector/votes on vector? That they're lurking and haven't really said poo poo at this point. <stream of numbers> voting for vector due to lurking is like...fine if there's no other real good vote, except they explicitly said that two other people were scummier when they voted for vector. The vote seems more like an excuse to not actually play mafia since there are actual cases being thrown around today

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
oh that stream of numbers is birdstrike? good to know, thanks votefinder

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

b-minus1 posted:

We should absolutely turbo you today

What reason do you have for this, guy who didn't post 10 times day 1?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

b-minus1 posted:

Ok how about this:

I’m ray bit. Rather not reveal my entire role right now; but for now my result from last night .. get ready

:siren: there is a jester named ladder yadder in this game :siren:

I didn’t get to learn know who it is last night. but he’s out there. Yep, we have a fuckin jester is this game

imgay posted:

don't act like a role cop is a town ability

yeah lol what the heck, how is that something that warrants sirens? Who cares if there's a jester? The jester isn't gonna kill town, scum is

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Yeah, you know, I don't have a great reason to not vote Sal again, especially given that case.

##vote Sal

also I like that Nat20 is trying to do NK analysis, but why would birb switching off of toalpaz at the last minute mean scum would choose to kill him, if that's what you seem to be implying? Birb saved Toalpaz from dying, I would think you'd want to keep someone like that alive if you were scum

More impotantly, birb switched off of Toal because the "push seemed scummy," and then birb died. If birb died because he was right about the push being scummy, then Nat20, you are looking at the wrong group of people. You should instead be looking at

Atomic Soda
Brazen Apothecary
jimmydalad
gulagdolls
monathin

Of these votes, Atomic Soda unvoted for a second to give toal time to claim, so that seems like the least scummy to me right now. It could be that scum thought they had the numbers to quickly push a mislynch on toal, but AS unvoted (then revoted) and birb ALSO unvoted. I really don't agree with Nat20's conclusion that since birb was killed, it should be me, binus, or toal. That doesn't really make any sense to me.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Natural 20 posted:

How could Nat ever think such a thing! His logic is a mystery!

Yeah and I disagree with that read of things, it doesn't make sense to me

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Don't need to be an rear end about it

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SalTheBard posted:

He seemed scummy on D1. I know that some have said the fact he didn't know the Town Alignment name isn't a big deal, but I think it is. The town alignment is a very unique name and there is no reason for him not to have known it when it was posted. That is pretty damming to me. The fact that we had Toal lined up dead to rights, but only failed because people didn't move their votes seems to me to be scumbros protecting their scumbro. So therefore I will vote Toalpaz.

Did he actually say he didn't know?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SalTheBard posted:

He answered the question "Nice try scumbro." and as far as I can tell (via a quick scan) has not answered the question.

Honestly I would've answered the same way, trying to "gotcha" someone into knowing what the town alignment is called is a dumb gimmick and I have never seen it do anything useful

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Other posters have also already brought up that town is reploids, so the fact that toal hasn't answered STILL is meaningless

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Seriously what the heck are you guys doing.

Also, I was promised dayvigs. Bring on the dayvigs.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Also this is bad because day 1 lynch of someone even only vaguely suspicious is usually better than not, because we only have so many chances to get the right answer, whereas scum gets the answer right EVERY TIME when they kill a town member at night. It's up to us to use our chances as often as possible in order to catch scum. Yeah it's upsetting to lose a town member, but if we lose someone, we probably lost someone that was shifty and distracting anyway.

What did that have to do with my post?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Natural 20 posted:

Okay so this is also interesting.

Toal notes now that scum would likely have fakeclaims and know what the town alignment is.

But why not note that earlier on D1 when Sal was pressuring him about it?

There's no actual response or confirmation around what the town alignment is from Toal, which would put Sal's case to bed immediately and by Toal's own reasoning isn't a disadvantage to town at all?

He only grows confident about the town alignment to "know" what it is subsequent to the flip that confirmed town alignment.

Nat the things you pointed out toal not doing are almost definitely things that a scum team would give advice on and help with

Toal sounds like town caught in a dumb gambit, not scum being fed answers

I also still really really don't think scum would have no idea what the town alignment was and this is a weird thing to get so hung up on. Hell, even if you wanted to guess it wouldn't be hard, you'd have a 50/50 between "maverick hunter" and "reploid"

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Natural 20 posted:

Okay you're saying two different things.

If you disagree that's fine. If you think it doesn't make sense then you have issues because "Scum would kill a target in such a way as to mislead town" is a fairly obvious mafia thing. I'm specifically favouring the more complex play because of the way Birb interacted early in the thread.

I disagree with it BECAUSE it doesn't make sense. Why go for a needlessly complicated play? Especially for the FIRST kill. I don't see scum thinking "hey birb caused a nolynch, let's kill him so the thread will think everyone rushing to vote for toal was scum!"

you could just leave birb alive, kill someone unrelated and he'd likely make the argument himself

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

your case is that the push is scummy .... there was a last minute push and the person less suspicious is the person who stopped the push? Honestly, that makes them more scummy to me. It's a p blatant "I'll call on this later to pretend I'm legit" move.

oh ok, that's fair

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Atomic Soda posted:

its strange you think the switch to toal was so scummy given you where the other target - should we have stuck with you?

do you actually believe this or are you just saying it cause you thought of a funny thing to say?

If I had died and scum happened to be voting for me they would've been able to hide it better, but with such a sudden shift so late in the day it makes everyone who tried to do it seem pretty scummy imo

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

GulagDolls posted:

i am starting to agree with the notion of killing you.

:emptyquote:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Also "I can rez a player" is a pretty ballsy claim to make if it's fake, so I'm willing to let Sal live for today. If there's no revived player tomorrow, obv then we have to kill Sal

##unvote

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SalTheBard posted:

I wish I was ballsy enough to make a fake claim like that. It's just my actual role.

Well yeah, I agree, I think you're telling the truth because you're either 1. telling the truth or 2. lying but somehow another player will be rezz'd tomorrow and you can claim you did it???

I guess that would work if scum had like a...temporary...death ability? That would be weird as gently caress

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Revolver Anidav posted:

It's a bad claim to make when you can be blocked.

I don't think Sal is making it up. I just think it could be made useless due to the claim.

Oh right, I was thinking it couldn't be blocked somehow, since I didn't think Sal would have to "visit" the dead person, but that's a good point.

Either way, ##vote ba seems good for today

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Revolver Anidav posted:

You don't have a vote on you currently. The tone of this post confuses me.

:same:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SalTheBard posted:

I don't know if you are talking about me but I didn't revive anyone last night because I didn't think any of the people I could revive were useful. I had planned on reviving B- but you all seemed less than excited about a Rolecop and then Birb's hider role didn't seem like an overall useful ability to town.

Bull loving poo poo you even said birb was a good poster

##vote Sal

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SalTheBard posted:

Also please dial it down a notch.

I... Hadn't dialed it up?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
The only mistake I made was trying to make sure Sal couldn't claim that he was blocked, AND THEN HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING :negative:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SalTheBard posted:

It really was a way harder choice than I thought. Plus I was thinking about something that someone else posted which was "You probably shouldn't announce your night actions." and started to get cold feet since my power is only one shot.

mine is also limited

and you claimed so we wouldn't kill you

you haven't proven anything

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Revolver Anidav posted:

I think it's important to remember I said this yesterday.

Today jimmydalad is saying:

No. You have not said that before.

No. You are the one here throwing 'out poo poo'. You attempt to discredit me, but ask others to build the case for you. Irony. Why?

You want other posters to build that case and be your shield to distance yourself. Why?

jimmydalad is Scum

##vote jimmydalad

this is v good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Toalpaz posted:

I think Jimmy or Sal are probably fine. Especially Sal though for not using his role. When like... shouldn't you be using it if you're scared scum are going to kill you?

Its like Sal wasn't even worried that scum would kill him, he's only talking about if scum RB him.

:yeah:

• Locked thread