Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
are you addicted to WEED?!?
no
hahahaha what
gently caress outta here
Most certainly not! I'm insulted by the very inquiry!
i get higher than goku
View Results

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

WatermelonGun posted:

The baseball anecdote is very funny lol
i heard he also tried to get hit by a fancy car to extort real tickets from the driver but couldnt go through with it and thats why he was so upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

checks out, looks like a tubby manchild who never had a real job in his life.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Muscle Wizard posted:

my dispo sells 22% poo poo for like, $4-5 a g. the average thc content of street herb in the 90s was ~8% iirc. its absolutely insane how strong and cheap weednug is now. you can smoke urself into a coma daily for 10 bucks a day.

a blessing....and a curse

The breeding for higher thc also means that generally the amount of other cannabinoids is much lower relative to the thc, which while it may be good for getting real high it�s not so good for health reasons. We know at least that CBD in conjunction with THC helps mediate/prevent negative effects of THC, and given there are a ton of other cannabinoids that are present and now are in negligible amounts in comparison to the THC it�s a safe bet that they also had a role they played. It�s kindve like how we�ve selectively bred fruit to have way more sugar and less of other stuff. No, fruit isn�t bad for you, but tons of fructose without all the fiber and vitamins and phytochemicals and stuff is

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 9, 2018

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Tolkien minority posted:

As someone that smoked hella weed high dose thc that�s common now is not good for your brain and weed now absolutely is different from weed like 100 years ago in the same way corn now is way different then wild corn. Like dabbin half a gram of shatter a day won�t kill you but it�s not good for you lol

wild corn is just grass bro. it was domesticated like 10,000 yrs ago

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

you are right you been smoking too much of that poo poo

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
This guy sounds like a huge fuckup. Lifelong dreams and aspirations amount to purchasing a ticket and attending a sporting event, which is somehow too challenging so the weed must be to blame.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Tolkien minority posted:

The breeding for higher thc also means that generally the amount of other cannabinoids is much lower relative to the thc, which while it may be good for getting real high it�s not so good for health reasons. We know at least that CBD in conjunction with THC helps mediate/prevent negative effects of THC, and given there are a ton of other cannabinoids that are present and now are in negligible amounts in comparison to the THC it�s a safe bet that they also had a role they played. It�s kindve like how we�ve selectively bred fruit to have way more sugar and less of other stuff. No, fruit isn�t bad for you, but tons of fructose without all the fiber and vitamins and petrochemicals and stuff is

its ok gramps you can leave all the super-reefer to me

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I smoke hella weed I’m not gonna lie but “weed is totally harmless and good for you bro” are just as annoying as there opposites on the other end of the spectrum

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

weed seems closer to coffee than it does to alcohol

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
for a good time, compare and contrast this thread to the alcoholism thread

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
"i drank so much for so long that i started having seizures and had to be hospitalized"

"i bought a scalped baseball ticket and got scammed"

yep, totally the same thing

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

Well yeah obviously weed isn’t booze or heroin or whatever

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I haven't smoked weed in a really long time (like more than a decade) and I should look on that.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

guy fiero smokes weed rolled in a churro.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Tolkien minority posted:

The breeding for higher thc also means that generally the amount of other cannabinoids is much lower relative to the thc, which while it may be good for getting real high it�s not so good for health reasons. We know at least that CBD in conjunction with THC helps mediate/prevent negative effects of THC, and given there are a ton of other cannabinoids that are present and now are in negligible amounts in comparison to the THC it�s a safe bet that they also had a role they played. It�s kindve like how we�ve selectively bred fruit to have way more sugar and less of other stuff. No, fruit isn�t bad for you, but tons of fructose without all the fiber and vitamins and phytochemicals and stuff is

mmm idk about other cannabinoids getting pushed out in favor of thc. cbd levels have increased a lot too, you can get cannatonic thats like 5% cbd which is insane. other cannabinoids have always been in pretty low concentrations relative to thc, they just aren't increasing as fast as thc. the fact that you can get straight up pure-cbd weed points to progress more than regression imo.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
High strength weed is great, you can smoke less of it. Just because 90% proof booze exists doesn't mean that you should chug it like cheap beer.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Colonel Cancer posted:

High strength weed is great, you can smoke less of it. Just because 90% proof booze exists doesn't mean that you should chug it like cheap beer.

some people just don't have the will self-control for weed, like the guy in the OP.

I know people who smoke a gram+ throughout the day, meanwhile I'm cool with just a bubbler bowl of bud that I smoke over the course of like 2 hours.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Guildenstern Mother posted:

My boss is a huge stoner and is easily the world's worst stoner. He gets so angry and prowls around looking for things to get even angrier about. It's to the point that if we hire someone and they seem like a stoner I just take them aside and tell them that if he asks if they have weed to lie and say no unless it's the last 10 min of work. It's part of our training now.

Lol this owns.

I used to have a stoner boss but luckily he wasnt that bad just like he would disappear for half an hour randomly and then come back in and be really annoying cause he wanted to ask you 100 questions about what you were doing even though it was all over his head. Then he would play with photoshop lol

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Muscle Wizard posted:

mmm idk about other cannabinoids getting pushed out in favor of thc. cbd levels have increased a lot too, you can get cannatonic thats like 5% cbd which is insane. other cannabinoids have always been in pretty low concentrations relative to thc, they just aren't increasing as fast as thc. the fact that you can get straight up pure-cbd weed points to progress more than regression imo.

I know that weed bred specifically for CBD exists but from what I’ve seen it’s quite low in the average strain, this random article I found in 15 seconds on google seems to support that https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/marketplace-marijuana-thc-cbd-legalization-1.3861144 . I’m also under the impression you’ll want a relatively even ratio rather then like 10:1 but admittedly I don’t feel like googling for studies and poo poo so I could be remembering his wrong

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when my brother was in high school my other brother ratted him out for smoking weed and my mom sent him to a couple weeks of inpatient rehab. for weed.

lmao she eats edibles now for insomnia

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

when my brother was in high school my other brother ratted him out for smoking weed and my mom sent him to a couple weeks of inpatient rehab. for weed.

did she ever apologize for that poo poo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Coolguye posted:

did she ever apologize for that poo poo

i dunno for sure but i doubt it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I would be entirely cool, me eating a churro every hour for every bowl that I cap w/m thumb. I am a lazy white boy. Let me roll around lazily for awhile and give me patience.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i was in rehab once with somebody who got caught smoking weed in their car during lunch from their job wearing a dolphin costume at Seaworld. they had to go to rehab to avoid getting fired.

they were super not happy to be forced to hang out with the guy who lived under a highway overpass and had a leg amputated due to alcoholism-aggravated diabetes and the former X-games athlete whose skeleton had largely been replaced by metal who would lay in bed screaming until he lost his voice because his dope tolerance level had climbed past the LD50 of opiates but the injury pain had turned him into a failed robocop that prayed for death

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Tolkien minority posted:

I know that weed bred specifically for CBD exists but from what I�ve seen it�s quite low in the average strain, this random article I found in 15 seconds on google seems to support that https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/marketplace-marijuana-thc-cbd-legalization-1.3861144 . I�m also under the impression you�ll want a relatively even ratio rather then like 10:1 but admittedly I don�t feel like googling for studies and poo poo so I could be remembering his wrong

i wouldnt take a news article very seriously in terms of numbers like that. the fact that they found 0 cbd at all in most of the weed tested makes me question their methodology. 1-2% is fairly high, so levels below that probably didnt test very well with their setup. still, its probably something that varies a lot by location. i think that as weed gets even more popular then cbd at least (cant speak for toher cannabinoids) will develop more of a following, as it's really the 'medical' part of marijuana. A lot of people who wouldnt touch weed are considering cbd-based poo poo and its a lot easier to sell the idea of non-intoxicating weed.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol if you posted:

they were super not happy to be forced to hang out with the guy who lived under a highway overpass and had a leg amputated due to alcoholism-aggravated diabetes and the former X-games athlete whose skeleton had largely been replaced by metal who would lay in bed screaming until he lost his voice because his dope tolerance level had climbed past the LD50 of opiates but the injury pain had turned him into a failed robocop that prayed for death

d'you turn your monitor on or what?

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.

lol if you posted:

i was in rehab once with somebody who got caught smoking weed in their car during lunch from their job wearing a dolphin costume at Seaworld. they had to go to rehab to avoid getting fired.

(in an extremely Neal Pollack voice) So all three of these people had their lives ruined by weed, I agree.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

d'you turn your monitor on or what?

i'm not cool enough to be robocop and the homeless guy was a Padres fan so gently caress 'em

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Muscle Wizard posted:

i wouldnt take a news article very seriously in terms of numbers like that. the fact that they found 0 cbd at all in most of the weed tested makes me question their methodology. 1-2% is fairly high, so levels below that probably didnt test very well with their setup. still, its probably something that varies a lot by location. i think that as weed gets even more popular then cbd at least (cant speak for toher cannabinoids) will develop more of a following, as it's really the 'medical' part of marijuana. A lot of people who wouldnt touch weed are considering cbd-based poo poo and its a lot easier to sell the idea of non-intoxicating weed.

I don’t really disagree with you, I was mostly just trying to say that the current trend of super high thc weed/isolates isn’t really great for health reasons. Not to say THC is like inherently bad or evil or heroin or anything.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
vape at 401°F, huge lungfuls, get citrusy terpeney sativa strains with lots of linalool + limonene. get so euphoric you being to wonder if your weed was laced with heroin. then (because you're vaping) hit the bowl a second time and get almost equally as high. ᵗʰᵉⁿ ʰᶦᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵒʷˡ ᵃ ᵗʰᶦʳᵈ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁿᵒʷʰᵉʳᵉ ⁿᵉᵃʳ ᵃˢ ʰᶦᵍʰ

or smoke your weed oldschool style with combustion and a bong if you're a hobbit or a wizard or something. or in a spliff mixed with tobacco if you're an ugly british chav squatting in an abandoned mental hospital.

either way, smoke some loving weed you dumb uptight bitch. it'll make your anime and conservative youtube "comedians" seem 99x cooler/funnier.

illegal in your country? ez. get paranoid, learn to tumble cryptocurrency find the super secret darknet marketplaces and learn what it feels like to be an entitled californian shitlord from the comfort of your damp shack in bulgaria.

top tip; only buy from the vendors that don't also sell harvested organs and shipping containers full of asphyxiated hookers though as those guys are gross and their weed sucks.

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

Tolkien minority posted:

I don�t really disagree with you, I was mostly just trying to say that the current trend of super high thc weed/isolates isn�t really great for health reasons. Not to say THC is like inherently bad or evil or heroin or anything.

You're implying that there's a known health danger to high-THC flowers or extracts. Sure, a product with a different physical form and different cannabinoid profile may not have the same amount of studies *proving* its safety and effectiveness as old-school flowers. That doesn't mean that there's a known health danger.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Son of Man posted:

But I also lost my temper for no reason. Did I yell at strangers in public? Probably. I barely remember, because I was stoned. But I do remember that once, high as a promotional blimp, I got into a bar fight with a former friend and broke his tooth with a beer bottle.

maybe neal just has a sad and lovely personality and is a big dumbass, and weed is a convenient scapegoat

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Gone Fission posted:

You're implying that there's a known health danger to high-THC flowers or extracts. Sure, a product with a different physical form and different cannabinoid profile may not have the same amount of studies *proving* its safety and effectiveness as old-school flowers. That doesn't mean that there's a known health danger.

There are known dangers of thc to the brain in high dosages. I don’t care to go reread a bunch of studies and enter a debate in gbs about it

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Tolkien minority posted:

Realtalk CBD is really good for medical stuff, as long as you don't take too much of it, and even though I have medical clearance for the real poo poo I like to blend high THC vaping with CBD drops under the tongue for pain relief. That way I can control the CBD balance, which is impossible when the manufacturer does it. It was the only thing that got my out of control muscle swelling sensation in the rotator cuff under control, besides an ice pack (can't take NSAIDs). However, if your chronic pain level is high/consistent, CBD alone won't do it and the THC legit does help.

The only problem with medical weed is it's kind of like muscle relaxers or nerve suppressors (?) like Gabapentin. If you are high enough for the pain to be controlled, you're high enough to be in stoner blob mode and not be able to accomplish anything important, let alone drive.

I used to be on narcotics for the pain and honestly I preferred those, even though they sometimes gave me terrible mood swings and I can't imagine anyone getting enjoyment out of being addicted to them. If you took a single Vicodin, you could still function through the work day.

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

Doctor Dogballs posted:

maybe neal just has a sad and lovely personality and is a big dumbass, and weed is a convenient scapegoat

no, the weed is definitely why he got into a BAR FIGHT and used a BEER BOTTLE as a weapon

i mean, he may have taken other drugs in the BAR where he was holding BEER, but probably not, it's the weed

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Tolkien minority posted:

There are known dangers of thc to the brain in high dosages. I don�t care to go reread a bunch of studies and enter a debate in gbs about it

no this guy's right. when THC enters the brain a biochemical process converts it to snake venom and it kills your ability to love jesus. i read it in the christian science journal.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Okay I’m wrong and no part of weed ever has any negative effects whatsoever ever and also cures cancer. Have you heard the good news about essential oils???

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Walrus posted:

I mean, yes, I am addicted. It negatively impacts my life. But if you're getting angry when you smoke weed you have some major issues already.

Yeah, this is the thing that really threw me.

Like, maybe instead of marijuanna addiction you should look at whatever crazy loving anger issues you have. Also I have never in my life been so high that I forgot yelling at someone in the street.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Hell Yeah posted:

yeah but coffee doesn't gently caress up your ability to drive unless you pound several pots back to back in minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Even seasoned pot heads get hella stupid after they smoke. Had a coworker who was a daily stoner and he could "totally handle his poo poo" so he had a gummie before work one day and near the end of day he nearly loving fell of a 2 foot ladder and he cut his hand open with a dull set of side cutters in the process. Another guy I worked with smoked at work for like 20 years. He was in the process of divorcing his wife so he was smoking more and totally coincidentally after getting high in the company van at lunch he had a car accident and then ruined 2 control boards at the job site.

• Locked thread