Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://deadline.com/2018/10/james-gunn-boards-suicide-squad-2-to-write-and-possibly-direct-1202479455/

Should WB hire James Gunn when he tweeted out those disgusting jokes?

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/st...to-join-cast%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

Should writing something terrible preclude someone from ever working again?

*checks own posting history*

Lord i hope not

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I hope anyone who doesn't like it gets Batista bombed.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Darn I was hoping getting kicked off dumb superhero poo poo would get him to make Slither 2

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
cool maybe it won't suck this time

j/k it will

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Shouldn't this whole forum be completely unemployable if Gunn's jokes are the standard on which people get fired?

Well, we're already completely unemployable, but for other reasons.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
would much rather see him write Belko Experiment Phase 2.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just how many movies does it take for a team of edgy characters to kill themselves!?! You'd think that with a name like that, you are future proofing against sequels.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

he shouldn't have been fired in the first place

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just how many movies does it take for a team of edgy characters to kill themselves!?! You'd think that with a name like that, you are future proofing against sequels.

Hey they didn't volunteer to join the team.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The glorious return of Jared Leto's joker and crocodile man

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i dont make jokes about banging kids let alone post them online for actual people to see, this is about as impressive as aatrek becoming a reddit mod

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

a bone to pick posted:

The glorious return of Jared Leto's joker and crocodile man

I think Gunn could do interesting things with them. The first movie had plenty of problems but the casting and characters weren't it. Crocodile man is just as ridiculous a concept as a raccoon with guns.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

drjuggalo posted:

i dont make jokes about banging kids let alone post them online for actual people to see, this is about as impressive as aatrek becoming a reddit mod

The dude just knows how to kiss rear end...

In his case he doesn't care whether it's grown man rear end or little boy rear end.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

I think Gunn could do interesting things with them. The first movie had plenty of problems but the casting and characters weren't it. Crocodile man is just as ridiculous a concept as a raccoon with guns.

but the raccoon is a funny dick while the crocodile man is literally just a crocodile man who likes BET.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

James Cumm

Vakal
May 11, 2008
All I can say is James Gunn better give us King Shark or else he can just go gently caress himself.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

khwarezm posted:

Shouldn't this whole forum be completely unemployable if Gunn's jokes are the standard on which people get fired?

Well, we're already completely unemployable, but for other reasons.

I'd argue that someone posting as "Fartmaster_69" on a private forum is rather different from someone using their real name on twitter

edit : also Katana is my waifu

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Glad that the company that said "maybe we can get that Guardians money by throwing shitloads of licensed music into Suicide Squad and editing the living hell out of it" is finally dropping the act and just getting the guy they wanted to ape so badly, too bad about the bad jokes thing though

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Hell Yeah posted:

James Cumm

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

What are we, some kind of suicide squad two?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Due to merely joking about raping children instead of actually doing it, Gunn has been banned from Hollywood

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

after watching the teenage girl raping the full grown man in the movie Super, it was clear that this guy has a sense of humor that all ages and people can enjoy

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
cool more superhero garbage

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Away all Goats posted:

What are we, some kind of suicide squad, two?

Fixed :tipshat:

Nonetheless...

WatermelonGun posted:

cool more superhero garbage

:same:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Edit- this was for a different thread

reignofevil fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 10, 2018

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blade Runner posted:

Due to merely joking about raping children instead of actually doing it, Gunn has been banned from Hollywood

Shoulda pulled a Bryan Singer and actually raped some kids, then he'd get to keep working and be asked to direct GRRRL POWER Red Sonja.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh wow, so someone is going to write and direct the sequel i won't watch to a movie i also did not watch

i don't even know what a movie is

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

bango skank posted:

Shoulda pulled a Bryan Singer and actually raped some kids, then he'd get to keep working and be asked to direct GRRRL POWER Red Sonja.

Even if you get caught just run to France and you'll be fine

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I thought he was a shoo-in to direct the next Star Trek movie.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
More like career suicide squad amirite

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think he should go back to Troma and make something extra raunchy and offensive.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Let he who has not joked about banging kids on the internet cast the first stone

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp

Blade Runner posted:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wall Balls posted:

he shouldn't have been fired in the first place

An alt-right lynch mob needed a blood sacrifice in revenge for their lord and savior, Rosanne "I THOUGHT THE BITCH WAS WHITEEEEE" Barr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCH-9_bk8TI

They were purposely unwilling to understand there was a huge, huge, huge difference dead-set on being offended by obvious loving jokes and taking them literally.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Colonel Cancer posted:

The movie he should start it with the cast of the first movie going on a mission and then they all die before the opening credits so he can fix the drat movie with characters that aren't poo poo.

Including the woman that created the team that caused the problem in the first place and murdered a room full of people because she forgot security clearance checks. Just open the movie with her getting the electric chair.

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

Tane posted:

Should writing something terrible preclude someone from ever working again?

Writing something terrible is probably the only prereq for the job honestly

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sodomeow posted:

Writing something terrible is probably the only prereq for the job honestly

No pressure given how the 1st one was lol. :v:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
The RLM thread already exists for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Blame the comics for this. Although many characters did die, the series actually elevated characters like Deadshot and Captain Boomerang from being an obscure Batman villain and a joke Flash villain respectively into characters people take seriously. Deadshot apparently was on a 'no-kill' list thanks to Suicide Squad.