Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who are you most excited to see on Smackdown 1000
Rick Flair
Dave Batista
Undertaker
New Day Rocks
View Results

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

hello and welcome to the 999th episode of smackdown, batista is back next week.

This week we have:

Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair in a champion loses on a DQ match to open the show

quote:

SmackDown Womens Champion Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flairs title match at WWE Super Show-Down did not end without controversy on Saturday when Lynch intentionally got herself disqualified against The Queen in order to hold onto the gold.

Well, that will not be an option for her when the two rematch in a contest where if The Irish Lass Kicker gets DQed she will lose the title.

Will Lynch be able to keep it clean against The Queen now that she doesnt have the outlet to escape with the title by resorting to questionable tactics? Or, after Becky got the best of her after the bell at WWE Super Show-Down, will Charlottes rage prove to be her achilles heel?

Find out tonight as this major title rematch with an even bigger stipulation kicks off SmackDown LIVE at 8/7 C on USA Network!

Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe for a spot in whatever this world cup thing is

quote:

Jeff Hardy is back and has his eyes set on the WWE World Cup at WWE Crown Jewel but his Qualifying Match will be anything but a tune-up as he squares off against a none-too-pleased Samoa Joe.

The Charismatic Enigma will be looking to make a declarative statement to the WWE Universe as he competes in his first match since the scary incident that saw him land hard through a table and have to be stretchered out at WWE Hell in a Cell. The Samoan Submission Machine will also be aiming to reset and move forward after his (literally) brutal defeat to AJ Styles in the WWE Title Match at WWE Super Show-Down.

Which Superstar will begin to carve out a new path towards potential WWE World Cup glory?

Big Show and Randy Orton are having a match because someone opened a time portal to over a decade ago

quote:

With the WWE World Cup beginning to come into focus for WWE Crown Jewel, several big Qualifying Matches will begin to take place some real big.

Yes, Big Show will return to SmackDown LIVE this week to take on Randy Orton on the blue brand.

Will The Worlds Largest Athlete be able to shake off any ring rust and defeat the vicious Viper as he tries to advance in this world event at the Saudi Arabia pay-per-view? Or, will The Apex Predator strike first and take down Big Show and advance on in this international event?

Daniel Bryan and WWE Champion AJ Styles appear on MizTV

quote:

Daniel Bryan stunned The Miz on Saturday in Australia, catching The Awesome One off-guard with a small package in minutes to win their highly anticipated SummerSlam rematch and earn a WWE Championship Match against AJ Styles at WWE Crown Jewel.

Though he wont be competing for the title, The A-Lister is keeping himself close to the WWE Title picture by hosting both Bryan and Styles this Tuesday on Miz TV Will The Miz be out to stir the pot between champion and challenger as their high-stakes showdown draws near?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
god i would be so loving into wwe having this lovely loving tournament as a thing to cause random rear end 2018 matches like big show vs randy orton if it wasnt tied into the saudi bullshit

still might watch it because, what the gently caress, big show vs randy orton

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

big show is in pretty drat good shape right now too

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yay Becky!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Double jobber entrance lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao the crowd boo'ing the stip

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Where's Junpei And Snake?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Charlotte booed, Becky cheered. Becky chants. And they still keep trying to make Becky a heel :lol:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

god i hope they just let becky win over doing a countout

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
sorry im late i was looking at the new Overwatch skins

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
this match isnt very good

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
This match seems awkwardly paced.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Like every other match between them is like this, the timing is totally off. It's weird.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Becky 3:16 says she just kicked that lass :woop:

e: specifically that jumpkick off the bottom rope in the corner, which was real nice imo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

becky seems to be working at twice the speed of charlotte

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol good work there charlotte

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
that slingshot confused me

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao the crowd boo'ing the stip

Disqualifications matter unless they don't but now they do.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah I can't wait for this feud to be over with. These matches are not good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

THE POWER OF ROMAN REIGNS CHARLOTTE

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this should be like that one nxt episode that had a surprise full-episode match, and this should turn out to take like 70 minutes and they have to cancel the not-actually-real orton vs big show match

the problem here being that the match is actually not good

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

THE POWER OF ROMAN REIGNS CHARLOTTE

a. she did managed to lift becky

b. lmao at her lifting becky instead of getting the third count

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

seriously tho is charlotte working injured? i dont remember her being this bad

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

this should be like that one nxt episode that had a surprise full-episode match, and this should turn out to take like 70 minutes and they have to cancel the not-actually-real orton vs big show match

the problem here being that the match is actually not good

seriously remember this poo poo

wwe.com, march 2016 posted:

ORLANDO, Fla. — NXT General Manager William Regal had an action-packed Wednesday night planned for the NXT Universe. Fans were treated to exactly that, but not quite in the way Regal had planned. What was scheduled to be a show featuring American Alpha, The Vaudevillains, NXT Women’s Champion Bayley, Asuka and more was instead taken over by a single match – the 2-out-of-3 Falls war between Sami Zayn and Samoa Joe to determine the No.1 Contender to Finn Bálor’s NXT Championship.

better days

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Raskolnikov38 posted:

seriously tho is charlotte working injured? i dont remember her being this bad

Charlotte and Becky are very hit and miss in the ring against each other. Its a mess.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this new character encoding bug rules btw really posting like it's 2002

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol the yay boo spot during the commercials

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I swear I'm watching this.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Go tiny Becky!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
imagine posting from a phone lmao

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Finn B�lor is my favorite wrestler

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oh gently caress off

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

wh... what... what is the point of that walk away spot

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the worlds lamest ref bump

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Count outs are separate from DQs?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

WHY WOULD YOU, JUST NOW, DECIDE THE REF IS GOING TO LOUDLY RULES LAWYER SOME poo poo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What a weird thing they are doing

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

now becky rolled out to break the count on charlotte because she was fine losing on a count-out, but not winning, what the gently caress is this garbage

fire all the agents

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

UNEXPECTED RESULT!!!!

• Locked thread