Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's the only case that resembles a real case.

##vote Xad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

On a quick re-read, Dancer comes off as worse than Xad IMO.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dancer posted:

Knock Knock

Dancer never finished their knock-knock joke, I agree very scummy

(What makes Dancer worse than Xad to you, vector?)

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Xad reads more as confused town to me than anything. Dancer, on the other hand, has just thrown out a lazy +1.

I wanna see more content from dancer, but if you asked me to pick between the two right now, I’d be gunning for dancer.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I wish people still called me a confused town rather than scum every game I'm in.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Podima posted:

GX reads as neutral to me despite the "oh it's a posting restriction" thing, I feel like they wouldn't instantly jump to emotional appeals as scum?

I'm not sure what you're trying to call out as an emotional appeal, but please elaborate

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

I wish people still called me a confused town rather than scum every game I'm in.

We can be confused together.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I am risen.

This whole thing with Xad is just giving me bad memories of shine where a silly post I made was instantly turned into a day 1 turbo on a town.

I don't really have a read on Pod. For better or worse I don't have a grasp on any meta he might have since he never plays. Would feel better on Pod than Xad but I don't think either of them are a good vote.

Dancer reads to me like he's just going for an easy play and then coasting for the rest of the day by claiming it was just a joke. Don't like it.

ksd ak ljmklstdw aeg lzak kwwek dacw zak nwjq ugfxmkwv lgof ysew. hdwskw cwwh gmj uzsl hjanslw!

##vote Dancer

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anyway I will look at this some more after the Vikings game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

qdo huqti jxqj vuub ijhedw mu sqd feij jxuc xuhu myjxekj ruydw jqhwujut xqht, rkj jho dej kiydw ixehj mehti (jme qdt vumuh uifusyqbbo) iydsu jxuo sqd sqkiu uqiyuh tushofjyedi

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GeneX posted:

I'm not sure what you're trying to call out as an emotional appeal, but please elaborate

it was this:

GeneX posted:

My role would make me depressed to use because I don’t like arguing, so by all means, feel free?

It's not really a productive line of conversation beyond my stated gut town read as a result.

vector_to posted:

Xad reads more as confused town to me than anything. Dancer, on the other hand, has just thrown out a lazy +1.

I wanna see more content from dancer, but if you asked me to pick between the two right now, I’d be gunning for dancer.

Can you show me a couple of quotes where you're seeing confused town (the 'town' part specifically), please? Agree that Dancer is content-lite as well, but I find scum typically avoid blatant skimming/"i'm here but not playing" things like that.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Won't vote Bif or Asiina today, not down to vote Podima either.

Sal is playing a touch more confidently than usual, which makes me wary. Going to ##vote Sal while I reread.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Mod interfering to stop us from lunching Toalpaz :thunk:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Calm down, Lumpen

Mr. Humalong posted:

Species shaming in 2018 smh

Look at this guy shitposting and coasting. Definitely suspicious.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Oh wait those are my posts. gently caress.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

To help revive the tradition of 'Joke Phase', I'm going to leave a 'Joke Vote' on 'Podima'.

##vote Podima

Opportunistic vote.

SolusLunes posted:

I am 110% behind lynching anyone who tries to stop the jokephase train with serious posting

##vote PodPerson

Less so but still opportunistic.

GeneX posted:

##vote Pod

Great case, I can get behind this vote. Really goes into detail on their reasoning for the vote. I'm impressed.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

lol I was going to bring you up but I was self conscious because I felt like for sure someone was going to accuse me of being scum picking up low hanging fruit.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

don't be afraid to put a vote on me

:)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The fact that youre back and offering real reads is good enough not to go you today imo. Not getting a scum read at all.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

Won't vote Bif or Asiina today, not down to vote Podima either.

Sal is playing a touch more confidently than usual, which makes me wary. Going to ##vote Sal while I reread.

Why am I not allowed to be confident?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

qdo huqti jxqj vuub ijhedw mu sqd feij jxuc xuhu myjxekj ruydw jqhwujut xqht, rkj jho dej kiydw ixehj mehti (jme qdt vumuh uifusyqbbo) iydsu jxuo sqd sqkiu uqiyuh tushofjyedi

and a S qyd iyeb wocckqo vyen kxn mvokb. Nsnxd exnobcdkxn mszrob mveo led gkc klvo dy lbedo pybmo sd. Xy cmew boknc iod. right back at you!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
beep boop

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

and a S qyd iyeb wocckqo vyen kxn mvokb. Nsnxd exnobcdkxn mszrob mveo led gkc klvo dy lbedo pybmo sd. Xy cmew boknc iod. right back at you!

:thunk:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Podima posted:

it was this:

Hmm.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I see Nat20 doesn't understand Masons :v:

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Xad posted:

so if you guys are claiming to have the same ability, and bif has decided to never use it, and sal decided to only use it on himself...then a third party caused the announcement(s)? If we're to assume that all announcements are player abilities. I guess that would also involve assuming that Nat20 is a Good Mod? Fuk.

##unvote for now

This feels like Xad might have been tunnelling too hard on mechanics in a game where mechanics are gonna be janky as all hell. I really don't think scum would use a tactic like this to fall back on to justify a poor vote.

Hey Humalong, how's the cult?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

vector_to posted:

This feels like Xad might have been tunnelling too hard on mechanics in a game where mechanics are gonna be janky as all hell. I really don't think scum would use a tactic like this to fall back on to justify a poor vote.

Hey Humalong, how's the cult?

I might be focusing on the janky mechanics a bit too much, but that's what I signed up for!

Anyways

So Bif has a role that effectively does nothing, Sal has the same role except it ACTUALLY does nothing. Neat.

Humalong recently commented on a few possible votes, but not me unless I missed it while I'm phone posting. What about me, humalong?

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Don't get me wrong, jank is why I signed up too.

I'm heading to bed within the next hour or so. Gonna park myself on ##vote Dancer for now, but I'll try and keep my eye on the thread for any developments.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

The fact that youre back and offering real reads is good enough not to go you today imo. Not getting a scum read at all.

this but unironically

btw it is such a bittersweet feeling that Nat is apparently allowing codes in this game but he's not playing! Sniper isn't either!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

this but unironically

btw it is such a bittersweet feeling that Nat is apparently allowing codes in this game but he's not playing! Sniper isn't either!

I wasn't being ironic, that was an honest post. What kind of impression do I give off? ahhh

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

this but unironically

I'm playing but I refuse to participate in such shenanigans.

Nothing good has ever come from making codes!!!!!!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

I see Nat20 doesn't understand Masons :v:

well, he is a bad mod after all

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Podima (3): chaoslord, Toalpaz, SolusLunes, GeneX, Toalpaz
Xad (2): Bifauxnen, Podima, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Bifauxnen, Asiina
SalTheBard (2): Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong
Dancer (2): IcePhoenix, vector_to
Asiina (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Xad, Dancer, Xad
Bifauxnen (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes
GeneX (0): Asiina, Asiina

Not Voting (5): GenericGirlName, Monathin, SalTheBard, Toalpaz, Xad

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 14th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 36 minutes.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Just had an awful last couple of days and extremely limited time/energy to mafia. The thing that jumps at me is that unless Bif's doing a gambit, Sal's extremely unorthodox role claim was supported by another party. So I'm confused why not one but 2 people decided to vote him

Unless of course Nat's a bad mod and sent Bif's PM to Sal by mistake.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I also think the Xad 'case' is better than the Pod 'case' ##vote Xad

Dancer
May 23, 2011
BTW jokephase is over, I ain't ever finishing that joke.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
For the record, I still absolutely do want to vote Asiina out, I don't care if people call it lazy. I just moved from her because deadline is soon, and sleepy-time is sooner.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I don’t see the case on Xad but day 1 is always a total crapshoot unless Khris Kruel has a meltdown.

I’ll be around from now until deadline, will move my vote to avoid no-lunch.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also the cult of Scumalong is small but growing every day. Or night. :getin:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also the cult of Scumalong is small but growing every day. Or night. :getin:

Tbf nat20 didn't say if this is a cult game or not so I'm going to assume it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
(because he's a bad mod)

• Locked thread