Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I will play this game you monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

imgay posted:

f to pay respect

f

also I'm in the discord now

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Wow such a bad mod, not announcing me, Xad, the scum, at the start of day one. How could you do this to me!!!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Lolling at people actually voting for me

Mod told us who scum is, let's just ##vote asiina

If asiina isn't scum then we can lunch nat20 tomorrow for being bad

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Podima posted:

This is an aggressively bad vote.

Depends on if you assume he's revealing who scum is because he's a bad mod, or if he's lying because he's a bad mod. We don't know yet.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Podima posted:

Do you believe Asiina is scum?

Yes, Nat20 told me

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Mr. Humalong posted:

The new meta is killing jokephase as quickly as possible

Mr. Humalong posted:

The new meta sucks

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Sal

I have this same ability, but since I actually AM the towniest town, I already decided immediately that I would never use it, for fear that it would hit a scum.

so if you guys are claiming to have the same ability, and bif has decided to never use it, and sal decided to only use it on himself...then a third party caused the announcement(s)? If we're to assume that all announcements are player abilities. I guess that would also involve assuming that Nat20 is a Good Mod? Fuk.

##unvote for now

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SalTheBard posted:

I was supposed to be towniest town. It should've been announced but because nat20 ours a bad mod it didn't

So not only is your/Bif's ability usable N0, you submitted it and nothing happened? Are you sure? :psyduck:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Bifauxnen posted:

my ability is not usable n0. The announcement at game start is not from using an action. It is simply an inherent part of my role. I am the towniest town, and it would always be announced that I am town at the start of the game.

Hm, well that's odd because it sounds like Sal said he did submit an action and nothing happened so...Sal's role doesn't have the passive on it, or someone hosed up/is lying

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Bifauxnen posted:

Xad's constant confusion and picking at it, after also making a scumclaim, leaves me very comfortable with voting Xad too.

it's a silly gimmick game of maf and I'm trying to figure out what the extent of the silliness is :v:

feel free to make a more worthwhile vote anytime

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

vector_to posted:

This feels like Xad might have been tunnelling too hard on mechanics in a game where mechanics are gonna be janky as all hell. I really don't think scum would use a tactic like this to fall back on to justify a poor vote.

Hey Humalong, how's the cult?

I might be focusing on the janky mechanics a bit too much, but that's what I signed up for!

Anyways

So Bif has a role that effectively does nothing, Sal has the same role except it ACTUALLY does nothing. Neat.

Humalong recently commented on a few possible votes, but not me unless I missed it while I'm phone posting. What about me, humalong?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also the cult of Scumalong is small but growing every day. Or night. :getin:

Tbf nat20 didn't say if this is a cult game or not so I'm going to assume it is

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
(because he's a bad mod)

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dancer posted:

I also think the Xad 'case' is better than the Pod 'case' ##vote Xad

If you think they're both bad cases, why not vote for someone who you actually think is scum?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dancer posted:

Well, that's another re-read done, I'm going to go wish y'all good night before I forget where my bed is. There's no point trying to stay up for this deadline (6 fuckin' AM ).

O welp rip

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dancer posted:

Because no-lynches are bad and I won't be here for the deadline. And even if I was here for the deadline, too many people have already made it clear they won't vote for her. I want to at least [i]try to not waste my vote.

Yeah, fair enough I spose

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

chaoslord posted:

:agreed:

But also I unironically believe what I said about GGN's post, I wasn't just being snipey. She doesn't say why she believes my post to be bad, she just dismisses it. It gives me no way to see her thought process, and thereby no way to try to discern her alignment. I don't know if it is a joke or serious.

Of course, having not explained that in the post where I said that her post was bad (because I wanted it to be somewhat snipey), that post of mine, too, was bad.

PREVIEW: In other words,

:yeah:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Asiina posted:

yeah it should be "definitely isn't"

So btw you have actually no idea why you were announced as scum, right?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Asiina posted:

Yeah I do.

It's in my role.

Cause Nat is petty.

Oh!

Lmao

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I cannot believe the amount of trying I'm seeing, low effort doesn't mean not playing

Dooooo like the dancer case tho

##vote dancer

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

GenericGirlName posted:

:argh: you messed up my vote count post!!!

##vote Dancer so that should be -2? I'm ok switching to XAD but I don't feel like there will be enough people at deadline to make that happen.

There's no need to shout I'm right here

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
That's because night didn't happen

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

GenericGirlName posted:

Imo having a short name is scummier!!!!! Also Xad rhymes with Bad. Makes ya think.

Yeah but it also rhymes with :krad:

Also my condolences pod

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

:hmmyes:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ok so Pod is Lumpen got it

Next fullclaim please

Okay so get this, my role is:

the result of a bad mod giving out ridiculous roles. I think that should be pretty self-explanatory :coal:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Podima posted:

Cults are inherently broken when used as a baseline, simply because - as I think was actually correctly brought up by GX on Discord a couple of days ago - their "night kill" is functionally a double kill in that it reduces town's numbers by one AND increases cult's numbers by one, accelerating endgame at twice the typical rate. While cults could potentially disrupt scum and force scum to prioritize cult-hunting, in practice this never actually happens because it's functionally impossible to cult-hunt. The only thing you can look for is people's opinions changing, which happens ALL THE TIME anyways because people gently caress around instead of playing Mafia like they should be. Also, the cult recruiter is incredibly weak to being executed, which can just shut down that entire mechanic prematurely.

I have seen some good implementations of cults though - once again citing an Eccogame, Murder of St. Leroux had an interesting setup. The cult was the recruiter plus one recruit, and while there was a lot going on in that game the tl;dr is that the cult recruiter functionally knew who all the town power roles were (because everyone IDIOTICALLY flavorclaimed Day 1) so they had a choice each night - "recruit" a town power role (killing them) or recruit a vanilla townie, which would recruit them - but it would also kill their existing recruit. Thus, the size of the cult was constrained, as was their relative power level from only being able to recruit vanillas. It was a good game, and I'm not just saying that because I carried town to victory.

holy poo poo :golfclap:

also lol asiina show some mercy

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Toalpaz posted:

Nice attempt, the right answer was: 'spazzy low info voter.' but thanks for trying.

:aaa: You said you'd vote for Pod if they were wrong!!!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Toalpaz posted:

Calling me a bad voter is pretty on point for Lumpen. I'm giving Pod a pass here. If Pod has said anything good about me I personally would have requested a mod to kill him.

Hmyeah okay seems fine

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
also loving lmao at this:

Votecount for Day 2

GenericGirlName (1): Asiina
Mr. Humalong (1): Podima, Podima, Podima
Asiina (0): Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima

Not Voting (12): Bifauxnen, chaoslord, GenericGirlName, GeneX, IcePhoenix, Monathin, Mr. Humalong, SalTheBard, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, vector_to, Xad

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 16th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
01001000 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 00100000 01001001 01010100 00100000 01001001 01010011 00100000 01001101 01000101 00100000 01001101 01000001 01010011 01001111 01001110 00101101 01000010 01001111 01010100

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
humalong how do I join your cult

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Asiina posted:

01110101 01100111 01110101 01110101

uguu?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

vector_to posted:

What the icy poo poo is going on in here.

shitposting. Shitposting never changes.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

ok yeah just making sure

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Podima posted:

Everything is fine and I am definitely not about to fling myself from a window. I love Mafia and this is a very serious game. I can't wait to find the scum with everyone working together to build cases!

:sympathy:

It's going to be ok, PodLumpen

But I do agree that the whole cypher mason...thing? Is very confusing

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I swear to god if IP's role is something like "you're in a masonry with Sal. Sal does not know this"

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

IcePhoenix posted:

DBZ2 mafia had Bulma as a vanilla (no, possible time chamber hijinks don't count) which imo is the worst modding decision in the history of mafia.

You know what, you're right, ##vote Nat20

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SalTheBard posted:

I am the towniest town. My action works at night. We have not had a night phase ergo I have not had a chance to use my power. The fact that Nat20 forgot (or on purpose) didn't announce me as towniest town (even though the PM said he would) is not my fault.

So maybe we should ignore you for today, since you can perhaps prove yourself tonight, assuming the sun actually sets this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
wait oh my god what if humalong is the cult red herring and it's actually IP, if you post in his cypher he can cult you :tinfoil:

• Locked thread