Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Sorry - Jewish pirates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Mr. Squishy posted:

I never had any issues with the Paxes but John Company had White, Blue, and Red chips for 1, 5, and 10 (as per little chart on the board) and you had to stay on top of changing up because there just weren't enough.

They’re actually White, Red, Blue for 1, 3, 10. It’s a modified base-3 system that’s supposed to be about as efficient as possible. I swapped them with my Clans of Caledonia coins anyway. :capitalism:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Triskelli posted:

They’re actually White, Red, Blue for 1, 3, 10. It’s a modified base-3 system that’s supposed to be about as efficient as possible. I swapped them with my Clans of Caledonia coins anyway. :capitalism:

Huh! Either way it's definitely the only game where I've reached for a 1, and had the whole table assess what they could do to free one up.

Fugger Tableau Hand
Medici Tableau Hand
Coeur Tableau Hand
Marchionni Tableau Hand

----

There is no Supreme Religion

This is getting too long.

Some revenge, and a bit of bleeding

Full size

A comet was not top-decked.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Run the western trade route. I get 2 coin. Tana gets a levy (i'm pretty sure).

Buy the french pirates.

EDIT: vvv thanks I couldn't tell if busted trade centers counted as towns or not.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 19, 2018

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Tana doesn't get a levy because it's a covered trade route.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

- Buy Grand Hetman for net +1 florin

- Play Sitt-i to coronate in Ottoman and claim it. Pay 1 to repress the northern concession and place my own.

admanb fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 19, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

admanb posted:

- Buy Grand Hetman for net +1 florin.

You cannot. Handsize is a hard limit - if you've got twp, you just cannot buy a third.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Fugger Tableau Hand
Medici Tableau Hand
Coeur Tableau Hand
Marchionni Tableau Hand

----

Things are looking good for the Spice Islands.

And looking the same in Europe. See that Red Rook in the pool? This mod doesn't reset the Piracy layer when returned. Not so fancy after all!

Full size

And there goes the Star Chamber.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm going away for the weekend so don't expect any updates until Monday.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Mr. Squishy posted:

You cannot. Handsize is a hard limit - if you've got twp, you just cannot buy a third.

I can't believe I forgot that rule. PbP really fucks with your head.

- Play Sitt-i to coronate in Ottoman and claim it. Pay 1 to repress the northern concession and place my own.

- Sell Hermeticism for 2 florins.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Fugger Tableau Hand
Medici Tableau Hand
Coeur Tableau Hand
Marchionni Tableau Hand

----

(I forgot to repress the concession before taking this pic)

Coeur's looking less dominant than before, though they've still got three of the four controlled Empires.

Full size

GO up.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 22, 2018

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Buy Papal Elephant.

Run Western ops. Inquisitor will move bishop back to Jesuits. Aragon will campaign against portugal and fail (killing both knights). Papacy will campaign against France and win bloodlessly. France is now a vassal of Aragon, and places a concession on the Southern border.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Fugger Tableau Hand
Medici Tableau Hand
Coeur Tableau Hand
Marchionni Tableau Hand

----

The Pope expands his suzerin's empire but it doesn't cheer him up. Maybe the elephant will do the trick.

The first non-earning Concession placed. Can swing votes and win whatever that Victory's called.

Full size

There are a few interesting things here. And the India Armada. Too late dude.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Shouldn't the Coeur have spent 2 florins for the campaigns?

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Take the English merchant dudes, play them straight away, run ops, tax the concession that is not mine in Portugal and tax gutter owls in the ottoman empire.

Edit: oh I better check how peasant revolts work lol

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

admanb posted:

Shouldn't the Coeur have spent 2 florins for the campaigns?

They should. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought "hey, they campaigned for free", then rolled back over and went back to sleep.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Take the English merchant dudes, play them straight away, run ops, tax the concession that is not mine in Portugal and tax gutter owls in the ottoman empire.

Edit: oh I better check how peasant revolts work lol

Peasants Revolts are just like a Conspiracy in that you're trying to kill all the defending Nobles without losing all attackers to gain that Empire. Attacking forces are valid Agents on the card (the Concession it has counts), your Concessions bordering the empire, and bordering Pirates. So if you trigger that One Shot as things stand you'd kill the British Rook w/ the Agent and then failing the PR. You wouldn't gain a conc, and Britain would be undefended.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Yeah cool ignore the one shot and move on.

Edit: wait, there are no spaces in Portugal, doesn't the campaign kill defenders?

If it doesn't seige instead of tax and kill the white piece.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Oct 23, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There's two spaces in Portugal to my eyes. Neither Toledo nor Granada have anything on it.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

There's two spaces in Portugal to my eyes. Neither Toledo nor Granada have anything on it.

Turns out I was misreading the map - original orders stand, ignore the one shot.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

OK, I need an English boarder for the Agent to go on, 1 card from both East and West you're taking money off. From GO and Ad I need to know if they pay up or lose their concession (North Ottoman and East Portugal respectively)

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

OK, I need an English boarder for the Agent to go on, 1 card from both East and West you're taking money off. From GO and Ad I need to know if they pay up or lose their concession (North Ottoman and East Portugal respectively)

Southern border, left most non trade card for both.

Edited

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 23, 2018

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Lose the concession.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Pay.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Fugger Tableau Hand
Medici Tableau Hand
Coeur Tableau Hand
Marchionni Tableau Hand

----

Marchionni starts to develop their Western tableau. Soon no money on either market will be safe.

I'm just now realizing the Ottomans didn't spend that tax money. Know in the save-file they've got another horsie.

Full size

I've read that book. At least the start of it.

SN up.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

play french pirates. - pirates to the south.
Play Almedia Armada, trade shift, put the concession up north, playing the 1 florin to displace.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

SoftNum posted:

play french pirates. - pirates to the south.

Pirates can only be on a sea-border, so East or West. I bet West!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Fugger Tableau Hand (nothing)
Medici Tableau Hand (3 Islam. 1 Islamic Bishop)
Coeur Tableau Hand (2 Catholicism, 1 Law, 2 Marble. 1 Catholic Bishop)
Marchionni Tableau Hand (1 Marble)

----

Fugger holds Europe in an iron fist. They can repress any Concession on the Western Trade Route.

I've made a few assumptions. That SN would place the French Pirates at all, and that they'd activate the Trade Shift. Let me know if either of those are incorrect, I'm confident at least one of them isn't.

Full size

Ad up.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 24, 2018

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Buy Luther for net 0 and play it triggering Reformation in the HRE. Place the surviving agent in the space occupied by the white rook and spend 1 to repress and replace the Fugger concession to the west.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Fugger Tableau Hand (2 Discovery)
Medici Tableau Hand (3 Islam, 1 Reformation. 1 Islamic Bishop)
Coeur Tableau Hand (2 Catholicism, 1 Law, 2 Marble. 1 Catholic Bishop)
Marchionni Tableau Hand (1 Marble)

I've rejigged the opening - for a while the text has been the state before a turn and then the images alter it, now it's how it's changed with the images there anyway because it's good to have them posted inline. I will also look up what the fall-back prestige is called eventually.

Take that the Pope, Germany's not going to be paying any indulgences any more.

Full size

That's a big gun right there.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

It's called Patronage.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

ty ty.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Buy and play Quizilbashi to cause a Jihad in the Ottoman Empire. One Knight lives, Ottoman becomes a muslim theocracy under my control. Displace the Marchionni concession. Black bishop goes on Marchionni's Klephts.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Besides the Agent Concession you get for grabbing an Empire, you can also Liberate the Repressed Concession already on the Ots (one of yours). Or vice versa, you can Liberate that Concession and ignore the Agent as there aren't 3 paying boarders round them anymore. Doing it that way makes the Ottomans less vulnerable to peasant revolts as it would only have 1 Repressed Concession rather than 2.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There is no Supreme Religion - it used to be Catholicism were well ahead on Nobles but lacked a majority of Bishops. Now Islam have enough Bishops but are dwarfed on Nobles.

Fugger Tableau Hand (2 Discovery)
Medici Tableau Hand (3 Islam. 1 Islamic Bishop)
Coeur Tableau Hand (2 Catholicism, 2 Islam, 1 Law, 2 Patronage. 1 Catholic Bishop)
Marchionni Tableau Hand (1 Patronage. 1 Islamic Bishop)

The Klepts have got religion and can no longer Siege or Tax. And there may be one less blue cube on the Ottoman Empire than pictured.

And the most populous land has plummeted to just one Knight. That's religion for you, and they're even blocking the taxation program needed to regenerate this desolated land.

Full size

Too late, the Grim! Though that black Inquistor op might be of interest.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

I know I'm getting crushed but I don't actually know what to do about it lol.

If I take the Jewish pirates can I immediately place them on the right side of Aragon then use Corsair?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

At this point if you're not going after the Couer's holdings you're just helping them win faster.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

admanb posted:

At this point if you're not going after the Couer's holdings you're just helping them win faster.

Doesn't that ax their concessions? I'm not actually sure how to disrupt any of their empires.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I know I'm getting crushed but I don't actually know what to do about it lol.

If I take the Jewish pirates can I immediately place them on the right side of Aragon then use Corsair?

To answer the rules question: yes you can place a card and use the Ops on that card in the same turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

I'll liberate the Coeur concession and ignore the printed agent.

• Locked thread