Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
No, I'll keep the florin this time. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Mr. Squishy posted:

GO, your East Ottoman concession is being taxed.

I'd lost the g at the end of .jpg. But you were right, there was a card there. Nothing New now has an Islamic bishop breathing down their (its?) neck.

It's the concession west of the ottomans because the eastern one is displaced by the concession from the card.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Oh! CD, the HRE had a repressed Medici concession on it, you could liberate it if you want.

Leave it where it is, don't have anywhere to put it!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You could have placed it to the South. I don't know if these are good moves or not, but I will always remind people because Liberating is a finickity rule that I forget until I'm moving cards with cubes around.

Imperial Victory is Active
There is no Supreme Religion
Bishops: 0 Catholic; 1 Islamic; 1 Reformed. Theocratic Nobles: 5 Islamic > 4 Catholic + 0 Reformed
Declaring an Imperial Victory takes 2 actions.

Fugger Tableau Hand (3 Discovery, 1 Law. Imperial Torch)
Medici Tableau Hand (1 Reformation, 2 Law. 1 Reformed Bishop)
Coeur Tableau Hand (2 Catholicism, 1 Law, 1 Patronage, 3 Kingdoms. 1 Islamic Bishop)
Marchionni Tableau Hand (1 Islam, 2 Patronage, 3 Kingdoms.)

Coeur's Eastern Empire's collapsed! Or been transferred.

People are going to have a hard time getting through independent Ottoman's defences.

Full size

The literal last two cards.

e: ignore the card counter for the eastern deck. I got curious and flipped it.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 11, 2018

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Hey my concession is on the wrong side of the ottomans - it is a Malmaluk placement so needs to be on the other side of the ottomans.

Edit: and you forgot to give me the cash for running eastern trade.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

BUy guilds. Play guilds. Place concession. no revolt.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

I think Marchionni has me dead to rights on Patronage victory.

First of all, Medici can just be kingmaker right now if they want. Buying a western card or running the western trade fair will end the game, and Marchionni will win with two patronage. And considering I've been dominating all game, and I said something kinda rude to admanb earlier (sorry ._.), that could be a likely outcome.

Otherwise, if it gets to my turn...I still don't think I can win. Even if I take back one of the kingdoms from Marchionni, I can't win an Imperial Victory this turn due to the European Union. So I've got two potential avenues to victory: Either play Cryptographers and end the game now, 2 patronage to 2 patronage with more florins to tiebreak, OR retake Hungary and win 2 patronage to 1.

Important to note that Marchionni actually has 2 florins to my 1 right now, because CD ran the Eastern trade route. (Assuming Civil Engineer + Last Sigh lets you run both Ops for zero actions. I'm assuming someone already looked that up.)

If I play Cryptographers, I have to also empty the Western deck this turn. Otherwise, no matter what I do, Marchionni can sell a card and run the western route and win on florins no matter what.

Meanwhile, if I play Cryptographers and run the western trade, I'll get a florin, but so will Marchionni. So Cryptographer's a dead end.

And I think Hungary is a lost cause. I *could* have taken it by running double ops, repressing the Hungarian Knight with Nothing New, and attacking with the Papacy...but Nothing New is silenced. Really good play there, CD.

Last longshot I could see is: Play Cryptos, campaign into HRE with Aragon, use Cryptos to "borrow" Luther's tax action from the Fuggers, campaign with HRE (trade, no win), campaign with papacy (take Hungary). But that would require three florins, and I don't have a spare action to sell the Jesuits.

I think I'm fully checkmated, unless someone else sees something. Marchionni pulls out the eleventh hour upset.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 11, 2018

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

Important to note that Marchionni actually has 2 florins to my 1 right now, because CD ran the Eastern trade route. (Assuming Civil Engineer + Last Sigh lets you run both Ops for zero actions. I'm assuming someone already looked that up.)

Yeah it does.

quote:

If I play Cryptographers, I have to also empty the Western deck this turn. Otherwise, no matter what I do, Marchionni can sell a card and run the western route and win on florins no matter what.

Meanwhile, if I play Cryptographers and run the western trade, I'll get a florin, but so will Marchionni. So Cryptographer's a dead end.

And I think Hungary is a lost cause. I *could* have taken it by running double ops, repressing the Hungarian Knight with Nothing New, and attacking with the Papacy...but Nothing New is silenced. Really good play there, CD.

Last longshot I could see is: Play Cryptos, campaign into HRE with Aragon, use Cryptos to "borrow" Luther's tax action from the Fuggers, campaign with HRE (trade, no win), campaign with papacy (take Hungary). But that would require three florins, and I don't have a spare action to sell the Jesuits.

I think I'm fully checkmated, unless someone else sees something. Marchionni pulls out the eleventh hour upset.

Yeah, I knew that I had to try and surpress your ability to do anything but your analysis is better than mine here, I was just making tactical moves.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

The super late comets were just spectacularly bad for Gutter Owl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

...so i guess we're calling it, then?

Congrats, CthulhuDreams. Shot me right in the heel.

• Locked thread