Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
admanb
Jun 18, 2014

I'm up for it. I just picked it up and have played through a couple solo games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

This is a weird market row and this feels like both the best move and a real dick move, but here we go...

- Buy Grand Mupti for 3.

- Play Grand Mupti, declaring a jihad in Hungary. Three knights invade, one dies, the other two occupy the cities. Hungary flips to a theocracy. I claim the Empire card and place a concession on the southern border.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

I'll say one of the Ottoman ones but does it matter? The remaining two just end up occupying Hungary...

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Ahhh. Yeah, I read that victorious Agents move to the target but forgot that only the pieces from the card are Agents.

I'll kill the one in Byzantium and place the Bishop on Grand Mufti.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

It definitely works on desktop but imgur just does not want to show a larger image on my iPhone. Maybe it works with the app?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

- Run the eastern trade route placing a rook in Algiers, a rook in Modon, and a rook in Cyprus.
- Buy Margaret of Austria.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

- Marry off Margaret to Aragon and place a concession to the west.
- Run the western trade route for 3 florins.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Gutter Owl posted:

If I'm not mistaken, you get a choice of Rook or Knight in France, which almost saturates the entire board.

I don't think so. With my concession from Margaret it doesn't even get to Portugal before running out of cash.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Christ I forgot the Jesuits was in hand. That's probably the game right there.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Buy Hermeticism for net 0.

Buy Sitt-i Hatun for 4.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Tana doesn't get a levy because it's a covered trade route.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

- Buy Grand Hetman for net +1 florin

- Play Sitt-i to coronate in Ottoman and claim it. Pay 1 to repress the northern concession and place my own.

admanb fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 19, 2018

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Mr. Squishy posted:

You cannot. Handsize is a hard limit - if you've got twp, you just cannot buy a third.

I can't believe I forgot that rule. PbP really fucks with your head.

- Play Sitt-i to coronate in Ottoman and claim it. Pay 1 to repress the northern concession and place my own.

- Sell Hermeticism for 2 florins.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Shouldn't the Coeur have spent 2 florins for the campaigns?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Lose the concession.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Buy Luther for net 0 and play it triggering Reformation in the HRE. Place the surviving agent in the space occupied by the white rook and spend 1 to repress and replace the Fugger concession to the west.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

It's called Patronage.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

At this point if you're not going after the Couer's holdings you're just helping them win faster.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I know I'm getting crushed but I don't actually know what to do about it lol.

If I take the Jewish pirates can I immediately place them on the right side of Aragon then use Corsair?

To answer the rules question: yes you can place a card and use the Ops on that card in the same turn.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Buy La Serenissima and play it for a Conspiracy in the Papal States. The neighboring pirate will die for the cause they apparently believed in and the agent will occupy Venice. I'll place my concession to the east.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

I will not.

And yeah the tableau's are off.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

- Sell Grand Mufti for 2 florins.

Perform Western ops.

- Vote in the HRE, paying 1 florin for the repressed serf and flipping the HRE to a republic. Place the new concession to the south.
- Commerce from the newly flipped HRE, taking it off the western trade route.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Why not.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Buy and play Bonfire of the vanities, suiciding my concession into the knight.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

edit: actually I'll put it on La Serenissima.

admanb fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 6, 2018

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

what the hell else am I gonna do? I have no money, no concessions, and no good ops.

I've spent the game trying to be the only person to contend with the Coeur's imperial domination and its left me with nothing.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

That's good for them, but it doesn't give me any more options.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Buy Unified Christendom for +1 florin.
Buy Lizard Union for -1 florin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

The super late comets were just spectacularly bad for Gutter Owl.

• Locked thread